PDA

View Full Version : Two questions- Tournament/New Guide

Var 18
12-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok everyone, thanks for reading this. My questions are...:

1. MY qualifying time for this tournament is like 44.78, and I'm ranked 14/64 as of now. Is this safe enough to make it, or should i keep trying to trim (this is an extremely good time for me). The end date for qualification is 26th of dec.

2. Do enough people play this game anymore that a proper guide would be any use at all? I would be willing to write an actually helpful guide, but I don't want to waste my time.

Thanks.

EldritchSS
12-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Not sure if that time is good enough. I know that I have fallen out of qualification so I will be trying to beat it :) Seriously though, I think it will be ok. With the holidays, I don't expect a deluge of qualifiers trying to get in there before qualifying ends. They will be playing all their new games instead.

The guide could use some updating, not necessarily a full rework. The guts of it are still quite good, but what is mostly lacking are some pointers on how certain things work, for example how to get the style racer badge. I've seen conflicting info saying that it has to be done online, but it does not. Only the one section of it, the 25k kudos, needs to be done online. Another thing to add would be a nice breakdown on which cars to use for different types of events on platinum.

EOU Findub
12-25-2008, 04:55 AM
A new guide would definitely be useful. Also, that time might or might not make it. I qualified in like, 40 something and I know I will be trying to qualify all day on the 25th (after visiting with the family of course. :)). Your guide I am sure will be used quite a bit if it is better than the other.

Var 18
12-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Very well, I will write a new guide.