View Full Version : Chinatown Wars "far bigger" than PSP GTAs

12-24-2008, 09:39 AM
DS exclusive Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is "much bigger than anything we have ever done before [in terms of scope]", according to Rockstar Leeds president Gordon Hall.

There are "more odd jobs, deeper missions, and more moments of over-the-top action", he said in the latest issue of Nintendo Power.

"We have a huge interaction with the Rockstar Social Club, a massive [narcotics trafficking] game that would stand alone on its own. The list goes on and on; this thing is huge. We are very proud of all of the PSP games we have made, especially the two GTA games, but this game is far bigger."

Chinatown Wars is due out in North America and Europe on March 17 and 20 respectively.

It's an old school top-down affair following the dirty business of Chinese triads in Liberty City. Should be good.

12-24-2008, 10:40 AM
WOW ive been waiting for this to come out for months now i'm going to get it as soon as it comes out

KFZ Scrubs
02-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Man.... i liked the psp games better. I thought that vice city stories and liberty city stories pwn'd. I was hoping there were doing one on san andreas.... ohh well. I hope they do do one for the psp, that'd be fun.

03-17-2009, 02:31 AM
IGN gave it a 9.5! That drug trafficking game looks awesome btw...

Closing comments:

I know I'm omitting a ton from this review - there's so much to the design that it's impossible to list everything there to experience. What I won't forget to mention: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars continues GTA's legacy as the premiere "sandbox" game design. Though it might look like a lot has changed in the move to the handheld platform, more has been added than taken away - there's so much to do in this Liberty City, and it's hard not to be impressed and amazed at some of the things the developer's managed to pull off on the hardware. GTA: Chinatown Wars is easily one of the best Nintendo DS games on the platform.

jj harvey
03-17-2009, 02:41 AM
All the critics I've seen so far have all given it a great score. Been too long since there was a truly great game for the DS, guess it's time I dust off mine.