PDA

View Full Version : Financing

Tron
02-10-2006, 01:10 PM
im well aware of the potential cost of bandwidth and hosting, if you need donations, feel free to ask, i think everyone that feels compelled to chip in should be able to.

RoutineX
02-10-2006, 01:53 PM
As long as this webhost doesn't demand that we move the websites to a new server, it's not necessary to ask about money.

I feel its a little embarassing to ask people about money to host a website. I don't like the idea of "begging" for money, but I
can perfectly understand why some have to do it since bandwidth is not actually cheap, but as long we can stay on this server
and not have to move to another, we have no problems paying the bills at all. I've already paid 6 months up front to my webhost.
I've been using the same webhost for several years now, so I know the server is stable and can handle much bandwidth without choking.

(We have one scheduled server move soon though to make the ping responce, and performance better, but will only affect this site less than 10 minutes).

Edit:
Checked some stats. The last 10 days, we've used 10% of our available bandwidth, so if it goes like this, we're fine ;D ;D

Minty
02-10-2006, 07:03 PM
yeah, but i bet the last 24 hours have been hectic.

dont think many people will object paying for hosting if need be. well, know i dont anyway

RoutineX
02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Over 600 posts and 54 members in under 24 hours. Hectic indeed, but not complainingĀ  ;D ;D.

We actually moved to a new and faster server 5 minutes ago, thats why the pages didn't respond the 10 last minutes.
Now we're ready for some heavy loadĀ  8)

KMB 316
02-10-2006, 10:51 PM
google.com/ads for the win. or www.bidvertiser.com

Minty
02-10-2006, 11:53 PM
yeah , get a page set up for google ads so we get hit by the google bots. seting up a news channel will also get the site further up google search.

scoobydiesel
02-11-2006, 04:57 AM
if we ever need to ill donate as well