PDA

View Full Version : Truly 1 of the most underrated games ever, if u need to be convinced 2 get this, read

asnaz11
12-26-2008, 05:45 AM
After hearing the horrible reviews, I didn't really think about this game. However, if I wasn't so ignorant at first about the game and if I actually knew what the game was about, I would have ignored the reviews and got it. But eventually I read about it online and figured why not, so I rented it a while ago (probably at least a year) and instantly from the get-go it was a game I loved. I asked for it for Christmas and I just beat the game on hard yesterday again, and I had a blast, even though I had played through it before.

I cannot stress enough how much of an underrated game this is. I'm really quite irritated at magazines like EGM who gave this a 3/10. I mean good lord, the game's worth 30 bucks in my opinion, easily. Of course, reviews are completely subjective, but I'm almost angry at the game magazines/big sites that gave this game below 5/10. This game is truly awesome. I love games like Call of Duty 1/2/3/4/5, Halo 1/2/3, Black, Far Cry 2, Doom 3, and other FPS, but this game is so unique and really is such a blast to play.

Things I liked about this game;
-Graphics are amazing. People who complain about them must be spoiled silly or something with other games, I was really impressed with the graphics here. This game seriously ranks top on my list of best graphics in a game, whether you agree with me or not.
-Guns/Weapons are sweet. There's quite a variety, from Machine Pistols to even Katanas (I love Church!!), Miniguns to a G36 Assault Rifle fitted with a Shotgun as a secondary weapon (I love this thing), a Sniper Rifle with a Grenade Launcher as well as Dual Desert Eagles w/extended clips that can either be fitted with Explosive, Fragment, or Regular rounds, a SMG with a telescopic sight which can point out enemy weaknesses, grenades which can be set to 4 different modes (remote, 2 second, impact, and proximity), and a .50 caliber pistol as a sidearm.
-The powers of each team member are unique and awesome. The animations/graphics for each power is done very well and the resulting effects are awesome! Let's see, we got a:
-Witch chick who uses a knife to carve her own blood and can create either a Fire Ward, which sets enemies on fire, or a Blood Ward, which binds enemies with weird blood rope things and freezes them for a short period of time.
-A "Pyromancer" Sgt who has a huge thing on his arm which releases a flame spirit that resembles a snake which sets enemies on fire and flies around (is pretty much homing), and has a fire barrier which makes him invulnerable to fire.
-A "Reality Hacker" chick which can slow down time or uses a "firestorm" which makes the team's weapons more powerful for a short period of time. She also "updates/downloads" the team with ammo automatically.
-A Psychic man who can use "Astral Projection" to jump out of his body and posses others in order to open doors and other stuff. Once possesing an enemy, he can bind together the team's powers (such a telekenesis) to open doors and stuff.
-A telekenetic chick who can use a "Ghost Bullet" which slows down time for you, and basically is like a Guided Missile, but a bullet you can use to guide into enemies heads for ownage headshots. She also uses Telekenesis to move large objects like piles or rubble or boulders in the way.
-The "Father" exorcist who can heal downed teammates from long range, using a blue ball of energy conjured from his hands, and can curse enemies, causing enemies' health to regenerate teammates if they hit the enemy with conventional weapons.
-The controls are incredibly easy to learn. I have the game on the highest sensitivty, but the controls are tight, responsive, and almost perfect feeling in my opinion. Simply put, the left and right bumpers are the two different powers for each teammate, the left trigger is secondary weapon and the primary weapon is right trigger, y is turn flashlight on, left and right on the D-Pad control the two squads in the team (they are split up 3 on each squad, it's like Rainbow Six Vegas, you hit left or right on the D-pad and the squads will head to that location), up and down on the D-Pad control "Follow Me" and "Hold position," respectively, b is melee attack, and zoom is clicking in the right thumbstick. to switch characters either hold a and pick one or have your crosshair over the desired teammate and hit A.
-The story is actually well done. Even the reviews that bashed this game noted the story was well done, thanks to Clive Barker. I actually cared about the characters, and while the ending fight is shocking, the actual ending sucks, but there's 2 sequels planned as this is a trilogy, so seeing a cliffhanger ending really shouldn't be that surprising.
-Pretty cool boss battles. I won't mention any, as I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but they're awesome. There are truly some epic moments (I like the last boss battle a lot)

Things I didn't like;
-No vibration in the controller when shooting guns. I was incredibly disappointed, this game would have been much better if there was vibration, as in some parts of the game (rarely), there are instances when your controller vibrates, which makes absolutely no sense at all.
-No multiplayer/Co-op. Would have been a freakin amazing co-op game, I hope they make it co-op for the next game. Still a great Single Player Experience, though.
-Somewhat repetitive enemy types. The enemies are fun to fight, but there isn't much variety, other than the bosses. Rarely do you see a lot of variety in the enemy types, but it's nothing to discourage you from getting the game, there's a fair amount of enemy types and bosses, although you sometimes end up fighting the same enemy for several levels.
-Somewhat repetitive level design. Not as bad as, say Halo 1 (I still love the game though), but pretty repetitive. Again, nothing to really worry about, but I feel there was some repetition.

All in all, this game is simply put amazing. I was so impressed by it, and I know a lot of others feel this way. This game is definitely worth a rent, if not a buy (it's very cheap these days). I've heard people say they bought this game for 7 bucks and were "cheated out of my money," but wow, don't listen to them. This game is easily worth 30 bucks, if not 7 to rent it, so I suggest you guys go out and get it!!!!!!

deaks
12-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree. This game was just a victim of bad timing. Other cooler games were coming out at the same time and it just never seemed to catch on. This really is a great game to play especially single player. I just recently picked it up again and it's really fun.

asnaz11
12-27-2008, 03:41 AM
Yep. No matter how many "big" games (Gears of War, Halo for example) come out, I still enjoy the "small" ones thoroughly. I also enjoyed "Legendary" a lot as well. I'm not sure what games came out when Jerico did, but it still remains to this day one of my favorite games!! I just made this topic so hopefully people will at least rent it.

WUBBLE1989
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
people this game is truly something , i would highly recommend it
for many different reasons:
1. it is a great game
2. it is fairly cheap now
3.unique character

the only have 2 bad point i have against this game is that on part of the game i get slightly bored and no LIVE OR MULTIPLAYER AT ALL.

Darth Nightwing
01-21-2009, 04:27 AM
I am a huge fan of 1st person shooting games but I also like games with a good story line like RPG. This has both. The story line is really unique and I have to say I really enjoyed this game. I am with these guys on saying that it is an underrated game.

For the easy achievements, and how low price it is now. I would have to say this is one of the games that everyone should atleast try, if only for the easy 1000 achievment score

Eternal
01-21-2009, 04:38 AM
I saw this game for $30 (which is really cheap here) and I didn't know whether to get it or not. Thanks to you, I might be getting it :p

Enter The Nutty
01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I just got done playing the game a few minutes ago (still watching credits)

I must say that i am very impressed with it, especially with all the bad press it received. I would definitely suggest this to anyone looking for a good cheap game (also, i suggest Crackdown)

Exane22
01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
The game is ten times more fun with the cheats to, just thought Id throw that in there. Ive always really liked this game and have always spewed that its a way under rated game. People usually just laugh at me though :( :p In fact, when I traded in like 50 of my 60 games a little while back, this is one of the only games I kept. I will say that the ending is horrible, id put it up there with Gears 2's ending.

Silent Otto
01-23-2009, 02:12 AM
I've been playing this game for about a day now and am half way through it, I am really impressed by the story. The levels can be a bit dark and you can get lost but definately worth a play. I am not using cheats and am racking the points in by playing it on hard, the roadmap really helps.

Otto

Patriot Se
02-05-2009, 05:30 AM
I really think this game could have been so much better if they spent more time on it.

First off the story could be so much better. Sure the premise behind it is fantastic but the way its told and portrayed is just terrible. This brings up the levels....

None of the levels were creative rather just a linear path through extremely dark (I realize they were meant to be) corridors.

Also the switching between characters...its a cool idea but poorly used. It was pretty much given when you had to switch and the game just told you who. Instead of making it a "go about it how you want to" the game just said...ok we need the big guy to open this door.

The combat was alright, the guns were all cool. I do like the idea of a second function on weapons.

Overall, i'm glad I paid 12 dollars for it. For 12 dollars its worth playing...but not a good game per se.

ender1986
02-06-2009, 06:43 AM
An underrated game sure, but a great game no. It sucks too, because the foundation is PERFECT. The idea behind the story, the thought of switching between multiple very different characters, control mechanics, everything. But the setup and execution are two very different things, and it really shows in this case. Never before have I loved a story but at the same time HATE all but one of the characters. I didn't like anyone other than Captain Ross, they either had painfully cliche one-liners or a "I Want To Be Hated" attitude. The enemies were all the same, and the level design was terrible. When I get lost in a linear level made up of corridors, there needs to be a rethinking of level design. It's not clear where you need to go, and while you're supposed to be traveling throughout different time periods, they all look the same. I would love a sequel, but they need to work out some of those kinks.

ellahjay88
02-06-2009, 06:46 AM
I may have to try this now. You guys are very persuasive. Always contemplated playing it. I never listen to gaming magazines on their ratings because some of the best games will be the worst rated...or they will rate Halo and GTA 4 10/10 only because of the "big" name. I like getting other gamers' perspectives on games because that is the only thing that counts when you are thinking about buying them.

El Sc0rch0o
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
It was great by all means but there was room for improvement. I think especially if this game had class based multiplayer I would still be playing it to this day.

Barker76
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
i read it was rubbish so i haven't bothered buying it but you simply can't have no multiplayer at all and get away with it.
reviewers give rubbish scores if the multiplayer sucks, just look at too human.

asnaz11
02-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks for your opinions guys. I never said this was the best game ever, but I was blown away by how good it actually turned out to be, since I knew I was gambling by even renting it. But I'm definitely glad I did!!!!

x Voit x
02-16-2009, 08:36 PM
i agree, this game is awesome!

AngelArmed
02-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Okay, I just finished this game last night. And while I do agree that it is a bit underrated, it is far from a stellar title, imo.

I'm not really sure how you can say the graphics are so great. It's one of the worst uses of the Unreal engine I've seen in a while. Areas not being looked at are blurry to the point of being distracting.

The story kinda had me going for a bit, but there was no follow-through. It certainly had the underlyings of a good story, but it wasn't fleshed out. And the ending? What the hell's up with the ending? So the remaining Jericho members are just floating in the ocean? Silly. Someone compared the ending to the ending of Gears 2, but at least in Gears 2, you had a solid understanding of what happened to the key characters.

Overall, I would rate Jericho a 6.5/10.

If you want to play a game that is really underrated, check out Bourne.

Elektrohazard
02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
This is for sure one of the most underrated games. I recently saw it, and picked up just to try it, it's amazing.

It's refreshing to see more non-war games [because we all knows 360 decided to released some sort of war game every fucking week] and a game this is so unique. It's like COD meets Resident Evil, meets the occult.

By far, a brilliant game.

velho lobodomar
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
i really liked this game also. the only thing i hoped for was a split-screen option, this game is great for co-op.

Elektrohazard
02-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, this really would have been great co-op. If it was, it might have been up there in popularity with Left-4-Dead. In fact, Jericho's co-op might have been better.

Tussell
02-20-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm definitely purchasing this game this weekend then. I've been going to Gamestop/EB Games and I always walk by it, pick it up, carry it with me as if I'm going to buy it, but I always end up setting it back down before I leave. This time I won't! :)

Killer66250
02-20-2009, 05:27 AM
I was planning to buy Jericho on release date but the reviews scared me away. I bought it a few days ago and was really blown away. I would highly recommend this.

Elektrohazard
02-24-2009, 12:25 AM
To anyone who is planning to buy this game, I highly recommend the special edition. It's the exact same price, but it comes with an awesome art book, and a DVD which is probably the best game DVD I have seen.

This is the kind of game you can really get wrapped up in, because it has a unique, complex, and involved story line. Probably one of the best I have seen since Star Wars: KOTOR or Perfect Dark for N64. So the DVD kind of completes everything that you could know about this game. Most Gamestops will have it, special edition, for $20.

Tussell
02-24-2009, 02:06 AM
I just bought it, and I must say it's decent, but definitely not the most underrated game. For the 360, I would go with either of the Condemned games.
To anyone who is planning to buy this game, I highly recommend the special edition. It's the exact same price, but it comes with an awesome art book, and a DVD which is probably the best game DVD I have seen.

This is the kind of game you can really get wrapped up in, because it has a unique, complex, and involved story line. Probably one of the best I have seen since Star Wars: KOTOR or Perfect Dark for N64. So the DVD kind of completes everything that you could know about this game. Most Gamestops will have it, special edition, for $20.
I returned it because the damn thing wouldn't close and my OCD kicked in. I just got the regular edition.

Mantra
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I've got it for 10€ yesterday.
Been busy getting the cheatcodes for it and it's now installed.

Time to kick some demonic ass!

Elektrohazard
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I do agree the Condemned games are very underrated games as well.

Mantra
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
I might look for them as well. :D
Though I've played Jericho's Demo way back when and not being surprised by it,
I thought I'd give it a chance. ;)

Elektrohazard
02-25-2009, 12:16 AM
For $20 it's worth it. I usually don't get amazed by games these days, but this one took me off guard.

Mantra
03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Your sig is revealing. ;)

Elektrohazard
03-02-2009, 02:39 AM
yeah, I'm a little obsessed.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
A great game. The only thing I didn't like was the Non-ending. Would have liked to see an epic ending. Maybe of the firstborn finally being released. Ghost bullet is the best weapon ever.

broxybear
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
i just finished this game 1000/1000 in one sitting (8 hours ). To be honest i was not looking forward to playing as i had heard alot of bad things , but i thought it was a pretty good game apart from the ending that is .

broken scope
03-14-2009, 04:27 PM
this games is truly a hidden gem
,also really cheap + easy achievements
whats not to love

MrMario2011
04-27-2009, 02:05 AM
I picked this up at that Best Buy sale today for only $10. I'm planning on getting 1000 on this because it's pretty fun.

Elektrohazard
04-27-2009, 06:43 AM
As we are hoping, the non-ending, leads up to the second game.

K1LLEGAL
04-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I just finished the game, and I actually really enjoyed the last fight (mainly because of what happened just before it) and i'm glad theres a sequel confirmed. I picked the game up about a week ago, £10 for the steelbook edition and while I wasn't expecting much I realised what an awesome game it actually is.

One thing I did find though is that I didn't really enjoy the sections where you are fighting by yourself. The team aspect really makes the game what it is.

MrMario2011
05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I completely agree, I picked this up for $10 at the BB sale, they had like 10 or 15 copies of this game! Anyways, I started playing it and couldn't stop, I just got the last achievement I need in it (250 melee kills). I like how for every achievement you unlock, it unlocks something within the game, so the achievements aren't only just numbers. I do highly recommend it. I don't think multiplayer would be good in this game as it was a bit slow paced, but co-op would have been excellent! I'm selling this game soon, despite how good it is I have 1000 in it and even going through it a second time wasn't as fun as other games I've gone through multiple times. Also, co-op or some downloadable content would make me keep this game. The game unfortunately is too old and unpopular for any DLC, but we can always hope in Jericho 2! I for one will deffinately pick up the sequel!

This game deserves at least an 8 out of 10! Many games I play with low reviews like 4's 5's or 6's, just aren't good. For example, Kane and Lynch, it got low reviews but they were true. The guy at GameSpot got fired for his brutal, yet spot on review of it! Some people did like it don't get me wrong, but I for one didn't. This is one of the few games I've played that got low reviews and ended up being amazing! My only complaint was that at times the game was too quiet. The dark, nasty backgrounds really deserve to have some dark guitar or metal played with them.

CACTUS
06-05-2009, 06:25 PM
i got it for £5 today so i am looking forward to playing sounds like i picked up a bargin:woop:

stevieboy65
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I've really enjoyed it too but am stuck at the end. How do i kill the firstborn?

stevieboy65
06-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Wanted is good fun and Dark sector is also good

A 2rue boofer
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Y this game is really kool the concept of it was amazing

Camreeno
06-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Okay I've had the game out for a few weeks now (from Gamefly) and I have to say I can understand how someone wouldn't like this game. I mean yes it's pretty innovative with the ability to swap between different characters with different powers and shooting styles.... however the game just gets a little repetetive and it seems like most of the time you've traversing passageways and waiting for a batch of half-dead guys running at you, and the process repeats through most of the game. I just feel like too much time is spend reviving people and it takes from the action and it can get fucking annoying. Sometimes you just die out of the blue from some random blast or who knows what.

So yes, the game has it's flaws. I would say it's a decent game but nothing spectacular. Oh and about the graphics...Sure it has nice character models but scenery is either hit or miss. Movement animations are very robotic and if you've played Oblivion then you know what to expect. The voice acting seemed to be much more comical than serious and it's pretty questionable sometimes (just my opinion).

Anyway I think a lot of you are giving this game praise simply because it got weak reviews and you want to counter what the reviews said to get attention or something. I mean yeah it does a few new things but it doesn't execute what it's trying to do as good as if could have. Then again the game isn't that bad.

VladimirK
06-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I agree.
Took a break from playing Sacred 2 today, (can get a bit repetative) and picked this out, and what was mainly for achievements today has left me actually really enjoying it. (Just going back to do the 250 melle kills and that's 1000 on that one).

Missingnin80
06-14-2009, 12:26 AM
a friend scoffed at me for buying it and i knew for a fact he hadn`t played it and told him not to judge things he had no basis for an opinion on...he kept commenting on how crap it was supposed to be according to reviews he`d read I said i disagreed...he played it really liked it and was very embarrassed. I think the weapons/abilities are fantastic, gameplay is solid but like the guy who started the thread i think the level design and enemies get a little repetitive however It`s a game i`m really pleased i own. I got it for a measly £8.99 and it was the tin version too brand new and sealed!.
Like a previous poster I found the ending a little dissapointing...didn`t want anything epic just some kind of ending really...i mean it doesn`t even really tell you anything you`re just left hanging.....maybe a sequel will emerge, I hope so....it`d be a good game to make a sequel to....

big red marino
06-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Based on the reviews here and the possibility of an easy 1000 I have this coming from GameFly. Looking forward to it.

Negative Creep
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry, but I can think of several reasons why this game is average:

- exploding cultists. Just who exactly thought they were a good idea?
- clichéd characters
- boring, cramped level design
- you spend more time reviving teammates than fighting
- manages to make 5 time eras look exactly the same
- repetitive enemies
- the ending
- not scary and no atmosphere
- did I mention the exploding cultists?

It's not terrible and does have it's moments, but I'd never give it more than 6

GUNSANDBUTTA
06-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I started to play this game and damn it got 1 achievement I wasn't to impressed with it but after reading this I mite give it another shot

EOU Findub
07-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Sorry, but I can think of several reasons why this game is average:

- clichéd characters
- repetitive enemies
- the ending

It's not terrible and does have it's moments, but I'd never give it more than 6

I'll agree, the exploding cultists were extremely annoying and should have been excluded. How were the characters cliche? Name one game that had all of these types of particular characters. I didn't feel cramped at all running through the level. The tight corridors and enemies popping out from anywhere was a treat.

The reviving teammate was quite annoying...you have a point there. As for the five eras being and looking exactly the same, it IS taking place at the exact same area, but in different time eras. The layout should be around the same...or at least I would hope.

The ending...was complete and utter shit. Enough said. This was an excellent game up until the ending. All the mechanics you would need in a game with no added extras. Just right imo.

HighsounD
07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Borrowed this from a friend yesterday, started playing today and finished about half the game. I think it's a good game, neither brilliant or crap. There are some things that bothers me though. Like the healing, why the f should the other ones die from one shot when I seem to be taking alot of them. Spent most of my time healing instead of killing. Then I think the characters are to different. Black is great with her sniper/grenade launcher, Delgado I like alot, but the other ones are useless. Church primary weapon is shit, and her sword is way to slow and unbalanced. Jones doesn't have anything good, Rawlings guns are ok but not so accurate or effective. And whats up with Cole? Her abilities doesn't work for nothing, and her gun is way to ineffective.

But, enough complaining, I DO think that it is a good game, it just has his flaws and issues. And if there's a second one coming, great.

Brutalsleeper
07-26-2009, 01:50 PM
WOW I loved the game. It had it's flaws (exploding cultists) but the atmosphere was just incredible. As for the ending i was amazed by it, this could just be me being wierd but when you came out of the water I was like "Nooo what happens now, Why wont you tell me" but i love it when that happens. The unknown is great.

Double O Slevin
08-08-2009, 04:02 AM
I just picked this up from GameStop tonight for $8, great price IMO. I haven't played it yet, I hope the game is as good as I've been reading. I give an opinion soon enough.

TriRock
08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Easy 1k, main reason for me to play it. Didn't expect anything, and wasn't dissapointed. :p

Ok, I got it for €9, and with the cheats enabled it was actually quite enjoyable. But there's no way I would have touched this game if cheats had disabled achievements.

truecorpse
08-13-2009, 02:00 AM
I just got done with this game a few days ago and i will say that it is a great game. I thought it had one of the most original storylines and cast of characters ive seen. The only downside to the game is that its to short. Plus its an extremely easy 1000 gp.

Qonok
08-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Just finished the game myself and I loved it. Just wish it was longer. I liked the nice dark evilness of the areas you were going through. Wish the mobs had the sneakiness of those in Bioshock where you would walk up a passage and turn around and something was standing there looking at you.

- clichéd characters
- repetitive enemies
- the ending

Exploding cultists were only a problem to me until I figured out to just pop all of the pustules and they go boom by themselves.
Didn't think the levels were that cramped. A bit too linear but not cramped.
I played it first time on hard and only revived team members maybe 5 times in all and died only like twice at the beginning before I figured out how to kill the buggers.
The ending wasn't that bad to me. I understood it since the battle was very much over by the time you swam away. It wasn't no where near as bad as say...Fable 2's anticlimatic ending. Death by music box? Now that is exciting!

Dustinator
10-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I also, bought this game not expecting much and loved the game. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending, which was open ended. Oh well. Room for a sequel. But it really was good. I thoroughly enjoyed and recommended it to my boss and he got it and also loved it too. My favorite thing about the game was the atmosphere. Especially the stage in Rome. So awesome.....

Pheonix_Assassin
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I just started playing this game today after i was given it to borrow off my step brother and i must say it is awesome :D

Truly is underrated and it is a shame it is a classic FPS :D

Graivul
12-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah I have to agree this game is seriously underrated. Yes there are a few little niggles (like any game) but to see the reviews it has received it is totally unjustified.

When you look at the scores the reviewers gave it, it is quite clear to me how it scored so low. There is no onine / co-op mode and I love the game for that all the more.

The last thing we need is another Gears / Halo / COD. We have too many games with online modes tagged on and online achievements which are an instant turn-off. Then there is the inevitable lobby full of 12 year old special needs cases doing nothing but swear over and over again because mommy can't hear them, or just basically abusing everyone. I can live without that crap, long may Jericho remain the shining light of an example to what a real game should be like.

Vitiate
12-22-2009, 03:05 AM
I bought this game, and just love it. Definetly a hidden diamond experience, Ive 1Kd for 4 other people for points so far, one of my favorites.

drexsack
12-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Nice and very easy game, easy 1k, but a total stupid boss fight and one of the worst endings ever.

Gatsu
12-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I got it for £5 & I agree it is underrated.

M a DSCHuSZ
01-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Im hearing everyone say it's an easy game... Why not try and play without the cheatcodes. Would improve the game experience imo. I'm at 920gs and want to beat the game without the cheats!

I do love the game, great storyline imo eventhough the ending should have been better.

Exhausted Dad
01-10-2010, 08:36 AM
I think this is one of the few true horror games out there. Their are scary games and survival horror but this is just plain out good old horror. Does anybody understand that? I'm a pretty big reader and it makes think of something by John Saul, Bently Little or Clive Barker of course. Where Resident Evil reminds me more of Stephen KIng thats not a bad thing but its not really horror.

Alexdelicious
01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I liked this game. It made me feel truly disgusted at a lot of points, due to the design of the characters and the level I guess. There are still a lot of achievements I need to get from it, but when I load it up I feel frustrated that the cheats are so bizarrely hard to acquire and the AI is totally idiotic. I spend a lot of time dragging them back to life. I didn't particularly like any of the characters either, apart from Ross. It wasn't bad, though. Certainly nowhere near as bad as some games that seem to have escaped getting a slagging off.

phenominality
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Was there an ending? I didn't see one. There were credits...Even if they're eluding to a 2nd, that's no way to end a game.

Death Metal Jim
01-22-2010, 09:36 AM
for the price i bought it (10 bucks) the game was pretty good, a little repetitive but good nonetheless. Unfortunately the ending was so awful that my personal rating for the game was knocked down a couple notches. Still has decent replay value though.

Explodius
01-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Am I the only one who found Delgado's voice really irritating?

I2abbz
02-23-2010, 09:08 PM
When i first played it, i wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was tbh. but half way through i couldnt get enough. Its actually a really awesome game.

BR4DY
03-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I dont think its underrated at all, i think it got a just score. There are some good bits to the game : the fact that every member of Jericho has their own special abilities is good, the story is not half bad and also its cool how gruesome and grotesque the game is..

...but the design of the game is awful, its all so linear, you cant take a wrong turn really, you cant get lost, there are no bonuses to find, but more annoyingly, all the levels are so cramped that it renders the squad based tactics pointless and the fire fights that ensue are just... well a little bit dull really after youve downed the 296th lot of "enemies down the corridor"...

..Also the AI is pretty bad, so many times ive had to just leave my team behind because they just go blindy running into immediate death situations. It'd of been really nice if a local or online coop mode was introduced to the main story.. as it is, it has no multiplayer at all which is never a good thing.

Great ideas and potential, terrible implementation.

Alexdelicious
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Am I the only one who found Delgado's voice really irritating?

No; he was infuriating. His dialogue responses were enraging too. Might have just been his douchey character, I suppose. I thought Church was annoying too. The sound clips that played were repetitive; I really wish there was an option to mute squad in the menu.

OMGLOL1111
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
also, so many "easy 1000" games are just a boring grind

this one was actually lots of fun to play, great surprise for me

and ghost bullets! so cool

LeeDoc40
03-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Available @ £10 now - so sounds as if worth buying. I'll give it a try at that price despite the other reviews:woop:

Ozbaab
03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
This game is really crap tbh. Finished it (100%) in 2 days time, didn't care about even finishing the las boss.

The one thing I found abit fun was the 45min grind for poping heads and ghost bullets on the Flesh level :)

Mosizzle313
03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I saw this game for $30 (which is really cheap here) and I didn't know whether to get it or not. Thanks to you, I might be getting it :p

yeah it's even cheaper at the local gamestops where I'm from, but I rented it from gamefly instead.

on topic: good review, this actually convinced me to give it a shot and hopefully an easy 1k :)

retroboy
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
This game was fantastic. Completed it 1000g ages ago on a rental.

Got 1000g in a day and was plesantly surpised at how good it was. I have since rebought it to add to my collection.

Anyone thinking of buying this than do, you don't need cheats either as it isn't a hard game. A lot fo the time you will be playing as the sniper goth chick who IMO is the best character.

Clive Barker delivered with a good story again. This game isn't afraid to pull a punch either. Very interesting last boss.

Overall it's cheap, fun, easy 1000 and like a fellow poster said it really is a horror game.

Brutalsleeper
04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Completely agree with most of these posts it is a brilliant game and definitely the most fun i have had while getting 1000G.
Can I ask though are people playing with the cheats cause I never bothered with them and the game did have it's harder points... still very easy.

Ademus XP7
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
i liked this game. ppl say easy 1000s are always bad n most of them are but i actually liked playing this game.....to bad theres no sequal

That SAM Guy
05-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Nice. I've looked at this a few times. Think I'll give it a try.

Rohan492
05-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Probably like many others, I read the reviews and was discouraged from getting the game, but I decided to pick it up at Bestbuy one day when they had their 10 dollar game sale. Definitely an underrated game as I have already played the game three times now and enjoyed every single time. I'm personally hoping for a sequel which will work on some of the problems with this one, which there weren't too many of that I can think of.

RzrsS.
06-05-2010, 12:59 PM
After reading this now im a 100% sure im going to buy it

Bango Stank
07-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I agree this game is truly underrated. I really enjoyed it and thought it was original and fun. Not a lot of replay value but a good rent.

SoulFlame555
07-28-2010, 03:54 AM
I bought the collectors edition off the bat. Always been a Barker fan! Story was fun and interesting, the gameplay was smooth.

Most people drop it after 5 minutes because they don't even give it a bloody chance!

I worked at Hollywood Video as a Store Manager for a while prior to company closing, and recommended this game a LOT. Usually came back with a bad review, until I asked how long they played it!? Give it at least 15 minutes folks!

LeopoldX92
09-13-2010, 07:26 AM
I totally agree, this game is great. Sort of wish they had allowed for co-op but overall a really well done first person shooter

ReapingEcho
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I thought this game went under the radar also. Got it for 10 bucks used couple years ago at gamestop and thought it was pretty good. Acheivements were a blast to get cause they were easy lol.

montana97
10-08-2010, 02:31 AM
i likened it to oblivion crossed with call of duty.

Vanilla Coke Zero
11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
i agree. truly one of the most underrated games ever. a shame i sold it after i 100%'d it, though i'll probably end up buying it again. i loved the occult theme, and squad mechanics were bad ass. unfortunately it seems the sequel was canned. :(

JuSt BLaZe
11-06-2010, 07:58 AM
This game it definitely on my TOP 5 FPSs ever! For the ones who never ever played this game, they're really missing a "one hell of a show epic horror game".
As for your DISLIKES in this game asnaz11. I'd say these are exactly the points that makes this game so special in its own way. ;)

the ferenczy
01-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Solid shooter with easy 1000g and no online achievements! Probably find it for $5 used nowadays. Recommended 7/10:woop:

MisterMacintosh
01-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Great $7.50 spent.

Bought this on the PC a few years ago, too.

Deadly Noob92
01-17-2011, 05:23 AM
i got this game for like $7 new, so it was really cheap. I was expecting it to be really glitchy and shallow story, but was presently suprised. This game, while creepy in some instances, is rather enjoyable to play. I think it could have gotten a much better score than it was given. I love how many of the historical periods and characters are accurate, thus making it even more enjoyable. I definatley recommend this too!

Bcleal
02-08-2011, 05:38 AM
After reading this i picked it up at gamestop for $7.50 Looks like a good game ill give it my opinion after i play it :) Hopefully its as good as everyone says it is.

justinb24
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
This is a good budget game. Don't expect to be amazed but I am having more fun with it then I would of thought.

Eddy Kemp
03-03-2011, 05:20 AM
This thread inspired me to pick up the Collector's Edition for ~$11 on Amazon. Looking forward to cracking it out this weekend.

Magicalchaos
05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I think it is a average game its nothing special, just another gamerscore game.

Armakuni
07-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Interesting thread, at least for seeing how different people's impressions can be. My opinion is that Jericho had some cool characters, weapons and story but was hampered by really bad level design and repetitive combat against boring enemy types.

mak3 a mark
09-18-2011, 04:56 PM
agreed underated game its so much fun.

Repo
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
This maybe underrated (only just got to boss fight on WW2 so hard to call myself so far) but for anyone who has ever played Clive Barker's Undying then this is a bit of a disappointment. Now *that* was a game with balls and presentation to match.

Jericho's graphics don't quite cut it for me. As for the team AI...

Hopefully we will get some more Clive Barker games soon as the story lines are top notch.

E Rock 31
02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Playing through this game right now. No one should buy this game it’s not survival HC it lame. The graphics would have been amazing......on the first Xbox. The voice acting is horrible(The “Southern” priest and potty mouth girl are the worst characters ever), the cussing is pointless. The guns feel weak at best and I’ve never played a game where you have to worry about the AI stealing all of your kills, not too forget the “melee system” well maybe you should because if you play at any point as the main character it’s beyond bad, it’s like swinging the big slow greatsword in any action rpg against the fastest characters. No one should own this game, no one should play this game.

lord verh
02-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Playing through this game right now. No one should buy this game it’s not survival HC it lame. The graphics would have been amazing......on the first Xbox. The voice acting is horrible(The “Southern” priest and potty mouth girl are the worst characters ever), the cussing is pointless. The guns feel weak at best and I’ve never played a game where you have to worry about the AI stealing all of your kills, not too forget the “melee system” well maybe you should because if you play at any point as the main character it’s beyond bad, it’s like swinging the big slow greatsword in any action rpg against the fastest characters. No one should own this game, no one should play this game.

Make sure you don't rush forward and pay a little attention to the story. Switch the xbox off right before the end and just think for yourself how it ended. Great, great game that way.

E Rock 31
02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
@ LordV

Normally I don’t hate games, I might hate certain stupid achievements but not the actual game. I love immersive stories and all but, this game is putrid I’m hoping I just finish it up quick enough to bring it back to GameStop to get my money back. I feel I’ve already lost something just by playing this game.

Die :uzi:Jericho die!

neeker75
02-29-2012, 03:32 AM
I just got it for $10 and it's ok. But the thing I hate most is AI team-mates that fall like flies.

Kovy88
04-30-2012, 10:19 AM
The AI getting downed because of their stupidity is a big problem in this game. When playing on hard you sometimes barely have time for more than reviving these idiots.

Beastecko360
06-01-2012, 02:32 AM
I can NEVER hate this game except just be dissappointed. I just love the uniqueness. I remember being scared (I was like 14) and how much I stressed over not getting through a level.

Yes, I'm sure we have a clear thought of the issues and flaws of the game, but most of us already know what is best for this game. I'm saddened and depressed about it's sequel, since there will be none.

Everything they need to know can be consulted by these the Jericho forums, but sadly it's too late to ever bring this game back to attention.

I actually liked this game alot and I'm not ashamed of it. I even kept the title as my password in the past because of how much it would run through my head.

I'm sorry to see it dissappear.

Jakethemuss
06-01-2012, 06:40 AM
This is the only video game which I've rented out purely for the easy achievements (which they are especially if you use cheats)...then rented it out later purely just to play again.

I really dig the game; not just the gameplay and different character attributes but the general theme of the game and dark disturbing atmosphere.

Plus it has an awesome intro sequence you can watch again and again (depending on how bored you are)

Jonesin
06-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Good game, kinda crazed here and there but definetly good for $5!!

simmshady22
02-23-2013, 09:34 PM
I bought this for 5 bucks not expecting it to be anything special but wow. I am suprised at how good of a game it was and how much fun I had getting the 1000. I have never payed so little for such a great game.

FrozenRaptorz
04-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Still a great game when you consider its probably $5 at gamestop. I kind of got a Metro 2033 vibe from it.

TechnoAllah
04-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Just finished getting all the achievements for it save for the 'blow up 250 dudes' one which I'm going to spam in the level where those Voldo guys keep repeating.

I, like alot of people got this game for cheap because I heard it's a bad game and bad games generally have easy to moderate challenge achievements for me to get. I started out not liking this game very much at the beginning especially since I didn't want to have to be switching between characters and learning which character to utilize with their powers and such.

Needless to say it took me way longer to complete this game than I did but it kinda grew on me. The fact that it's pretty easy on hard (Albiet a bit frustrating, STUPID TEAM AI) and there aren't any silly things to find and collect.

That being said, I actually grew to like and care for the characters, the story that was going on and I can say I'm a big fan of the music (The haunting Dark child theme is tops!) and will be looking for a soundtrack of sorts. The only thing that really hampers this game is the ending.

I haven't seen an ending this retarded since friggin' Sniper Ghost Warrior...another game with a bad rap I bought dirt cheap for achievements. I'm selling it when I'm finished hundred percentin' it, but I'll have the music to remind me of this decent title.

Darklurkr23
05-14-2013, 11:06 PM
This team is one of the STUPIDEST I've ever played with EVER. LIke "O nothing's attacking? LETS NOT RELOAD" XD

And don't get me started on Rawling's heal abiliyt. First I gotta Find them, then send out a heal, then se he get sup, then come back, all while not gettin gmy ass hit by a galidator ball. 15 minutes downt he drain

Whiskey Minor
05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I've been playing this game all day and think it's awesome. I can't believe it took me 5-6 years to do so.

Area88
07-17-2013, 09:47 PM
The game gets an A+ from me. The atmosphere was beautiful, the story amazing and the game mechanics are so addictive from start to finish. There's simply no other game like this. I will never trust another critic as long as I live.

asnaz11
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Glad to see people are still posting here!!!