PDA

View Full Version : Wow, nobody complaining about fees?

Hitoshura
10-24-2006, 10:18 PM
I must say, I'm impressed.

The Killer 47
10-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm not one to pay a monthly fee just for one game. If you can't get all the achivements in the offline singleplayer, then I'm not going to bother with this game.

dnut24
10-27-2006, 07:30 PM
so are the achievements offline or on? from what i see and read seems offline. if so seems like a rental to me for a quick 1K

hexdsl
11-05-2006, 02:46 AM
might rent it, not willing to pay subscription, but thats a personal choice, i am not gaing to bang on about how they shouldnt charge.. blah blah blah, because to get a GOOD well hosted MMO they gotta make money some where, i joust dont play things obsessivley enough to make the money worth it. would like to see a FREE MMO on a console though, would be nice.
anyway, when WoW hit sthe 360 it will kill all other console RPG's anyway so theres no point in signing up long term :(

seifer007
11-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Can do it ALL offline...took me just under 17 hrs for 1k

graemelunn
11-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I have this already and on the whole find it quite poo. In reference to online subs, I can see the point on a PC but when we are already paying Microsoft for Live in the first place, I think it's a bit of a rip asking us to pay for further online access to our games. People in the older generation are Microsoft's "Cash Cow" but for how much longer will everyone be willing to shell out? Console, LIVE, accessories, games DLC and now extra subscriptions on top?!? This isn't a complaint by any means as I know its my choice whether to pay it or not but I personally dont think we should have to pay if we are Gold LIVE subscribers - its all a load of :ass really

Kaens
11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I have this already and on the whole find it quite poo. In reference to online subs, I can see the point on a PC but when we are already paying Microsoft for Live in the first place, I think it's a bit of a rip asking us to pay for further online access to our games. People in the older generation are Microsoft's "Cash Cow" but for how much longer will everyone be willing to shell out? Console, LIVE, accessories, games DLC and now extra subscriptions on top?!? This isn't a complaint by any means as I know its my choice whether to pay it or not but I personally dont think we should have to pay if we are Gold LIVE subscribers - its all a load of :ass really
What you are missing is the fundamental concept that these games are not hosted on MS servers. I don't know if you've played any MMOs before but they are hosted by the company that makes the game, they are very high maintenance. Sega doesn't get any piece of your live subscription that all goes to MS.

Only two MMOs have come to the 360 thus far, PSU & FF. FF you had to buy the subscription to play on their servers and originally didn't even offer achievements. It was just a bullet point to try and sell to the Japanese really imo. Later they figured out an in game way to pass on achievements, but you obviously had to have a subscription. PSU on the other hand came up with a completely separate single player experience that allows you to get all 1000 points. That's why no one cares, cause it's all about the points. The MMO part and it's subscription are totally voluntary.