PDA

View Full Version : Silly question...are the capitals identified with something?

Kintaro56
12-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah...there's been a few times that I attacked a civ, thinking I was toppling their capital, only to realize that I was going after a regular city instead.

With some of the obsecure civs, I don't know what the capital is right away, like I do with the French or Germans for example.

Thanks!

Kaizer Chiefs
12-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes the capitals are done with historical references. Egyptians have got Thebes, Aztecs, teohticuan, romans : Rome,...

And I don't think there is something to identify them. But game after game you will recognize and remember them.

TheGoalslammer
01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes the capitals are done with historical references. Egyptians have got Thebes, Aztecs, teohticuan, romans : Rome,...

And I don't think there is something to identify them. But game after game you will recognize and remember them.

if any unit in the attacking square has the scout upgrade, you'll see the defense level of who you're attacking. The capitals have "palace" which adds 50% to defense.

Sandwolf
02-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Here ya go:

English - London
Egyptians - Thebes
Aztec - Tenochtitlan
Greeks - Athens
Spanish - Madrid
Germans - Berlin
Romans - Rome
Russians - Moscow
Chinese - Beijing
Americans - Washington
French - Paris
Indians - Delhi
Arabs - Tripoli
Zulus - Zimbabwe
Mongolian - Karakorum
Japanese - Kyoto

Brutalsleeper
05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
I haven't played Civ Rev In a while but I think you can see a palace in the middle of the city.

KillTheft Gator
05-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah Brutal's solution is probably the easiest. Though I am surprised that it is difficult to figure out which one is the capital for you. The only one I had trouble with was Japan because I just assumed it would be Tokyo and forgot about Kyoto. Anyway as it was mentioned above you will eventually remember them, and thanks to Sand there is also a list. I would also suggest a history class or two, they can be interesting.