PDA

View Full Version : Some achievement problems explained, and if you cannot perform Fatalities...

the_a_drain
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Ok, got the game the other day and have had no end of frustrations.

Thankfully, I did not get the achievement glitches for the story modes, got those right away.

However, after a lot of work I did NOT receive the achievement for finishing arcade with every character (including the secret ones)

Then when I tried to do all the fatalities in 2 player mode I found that I simply could NOT perform any of them no matter how hard I tried... Spent ages figuring out why, my game (not sure about everyone elses) defaulted the blood setting in the game options to OFF which disables fatalities.

Carried on, couldnt do someones fatality, got frustrated and then checked the menu to find that it had reset itself (did all of this in one sitting so I didnt turn it off and on again) only this time, the menu was bugged and I couldnt get back out of it without mashing the buttons and making some weird number appear at the top left.

Odd... Ok so I got out of that and finished doing every single fatality, I didnt miss a single one for a fact and no achievement.

As well as this, I did several 10+ hit combos in arcade mode and it wasnt until like the 15th one that the achievement for that unlocked.

Either Midway has some very precise things they want you to do for these achievements that nobody knows, or they are one of the most bugged sets i've ever seen.

Hope any of this info can help someone, the thing about blood defaulting to OFF I know might help some as i've seen some complaining about fatalities being 'impossible' im one of the most MK retarded people on the planet, If i can do them on the 360 depad so can you :)

StuPot
12-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Im also having problems with the story mode acheivements for the 3rd chapter on both mk n dc sides they should fix the problem its frustrating!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad::mad::mad:

SuperNova X2X
12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I haven't had a problem with it but the fatalaties are really frustrating.

the_a_drain
12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Like I say I didn't have any problems with the story mode, but from what i'm hearing most people are having problems with the DC story mode right?

I did the MK one first, then the DC one today after connecting to XBL, there was an update maybe that fixed it? I dont know all I know is I had the update, and did not get bugs on the DC story mode.

For the Fatalities I found the most frustrating thing about them was judging the distances to perform them at rather than the buttons themselves, if you are not at the right distance (or as noted above if your blood has turned itself off) then you simply wont perform it no matter how perfect your input was.

There is a guide on GameFaqs that is much more usefull than the Fatality list here as it details the distance you need to be in order to do it. (Although I noticed it had an error with Wonder Womans brutalities, it says sweep distance when in fact you need to be a step further away than that as both involve her lasso)

Edit: After switching to the other guide (I can link it if I can find it again, it's the larger file size on under this games listing on GameFaqs) that had the distances in it, I found I was getting through the majority of them first or second try.

Also if using tyhe d-pad, aim a little lower than where the button itself actually is on the dpad otherwise you will probably jump because the dpad is rubbish.

Hope that helps someone.

Darth Grif55
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Just so you know to unlock the chapter complete achievements you must complete that chapter in one sitting. No saves. For example you can save & continue playing chapter 2 but not chapter 3.

L Demonic I
12-28-2008, 09:21 PM
i have played 120 games in chat lobby and i havnet got that play 100 games achievement

sbm
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
i have played 120 games in chat lobby and i havnet got that play 100 games achievement

Check the no of disconnects u had.... coz it wont count towards the achievement....

the_a_drain
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
I was going through the Fatalities in order for the 5th time now, and even if I had missed one on each playthrough it would be highly doubtfull I missed the SAME one each time, it's not like they are drastically more difficult (with the exception of one or two) than each other.

Anyhow, it finally unlocked when I was doing Supermans freeze slam brutality.

Weird but I guess people can rest assured it is most definately bugged, and most definately doable in 2p versus mode for those wondering if perhaps they must be done in arcade mode. No, they don't have to be, it's just bugged :)

Just keep going, work through them systematically and dont give up on a chart until you've done both. Then if you havn't got it either work through them again (try to confine them to one session, IE not backing out into the main menu or turning off the xbox, just to be safe) or just boot up and do random ones you like until it unlocks.

I'm not even gonna bother with the other 100g achievement, I guess you have to do all the Kombo Challenge moves in order to get it right? But im not sure.

Chop tops plate
12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I have done all fatalities except batmans u, u, u, d, a and the jokers five button. I just can't do these for some reason.

RizlaFino420
12-30-2008, 11:29 PM
finished doing every single fatality, I didnt miss a single one for a fact and no achievement.

yeah. i just did flashes whirlwind fatality after trying a thousand times and expected the achievement to pop (it was the last one i needed) and NOTHING!

my friend was playing online with me and didn't have the 10 hit combo achievement yet so i suggested he pick flash and do his back forward Y move and even though it worked for me (that move is 11 hits) the achievement still hasnt popped for him.

the_a_drain
12-30-2008, 11:34 PM
yeah. i just did flashes whirlwind fatality after trying a thousand times and expected the achievement to pop (it was the last one i needed) and NOTHING!

my friend was playing online with me and didn't have the 10 hit combo achievement yet so i suggested he pick flash and do his back forward Y move and even though it worked for me (that move is 11 hits) the achievement still hasnt popped for him.

Yeah I was kinda annoyed because during playing arcade mode I got tons of 10 and 11 hit combos, mostly as Sonya, but it was Flash's that finally unlocked it, although I had to do that a few times.

My guess is that it's coded badly and sometimes it simply doesnt record itself as having been activated.

Strangelove317
01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Then when I tried to do all the fatalities in 2 player mode I found that I simply could NOT perform any of them no matter how hard I tried... Spent ages figuring out why, my game (not sure about everyone elses) defaulted the blood setting in the game options to OFF which disables fatalities.Thanks for that. I've been pissed for the last hour or so because I knew I was doing the button presses correctly, but nothing was happening. I was getting ready to throw the controller across the room. Forgot that I turned the blood off when my nephew played.

the_a_drain
01-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah mine turned itself off automatically a few times and very often the menu that had that option glitched out a lot, wouldnt allow me to exit or confirm my choices.

Seems alright after the update though.

Colt
01-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I think arcade mode has to be beaten entirely for any fatalities/brutalities to count towards the achievement. Just try it in versus mode instead, if you havent already.

Miller Time 316
01-10-2009, 05:55 AM
One sitting helped me with this one, went back and did the ones I had done the day before and it unlocked. I had already beat the arcade mode with all players as well. Maybe this help some.

krillgar
01-18-2009, 01:37 AM
As I said in another thread, I just got the game today, and updated the game. I missed the achievement for beating Chapter 1 of the DC Story mode. Played through that in one sitting, but did lose to Batman and needed to fight him again. Maybe that's it?

apg1
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Been playing since Christmas time and haven't had any of the issue. It did take me a while to do all the fatilities (some required you closer, farther, etc), but using the achievment guide, Gamefaq.com and my own spreadsheet I was able to keep track of each fatility and each arcade win and once I got a few of the harder DC character fatilities, I got the achievements.

Still gotta get all the online ones... not looking forward to that part...

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/apg1.png

jackofblades
02-12-2009, 02:08 AM
The story achivements are fine the only ive had any problems with is the 100 chat room matches played just about 170 now

Reel Big Eddy
05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Just so you know to unlock the chapter complete achievements you must complete that chapter in one sitting. No saves. For example you can save & continue playing chapter 2 but not chapter 3.

I did DC chapter 5 in one sitting, and MK chapter 3 in one sitting and got no achievement for either of them.

Purple Toxins
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Thankfully none of my achievements glitched, and I had no problems with the Fatality achievement only one that got me frustrated was one of Catwomans fatalities, I just kept doing one of her special attacks.

marty da stooge
07-12-2009, 05:06 AM
dammit!! i didnt get all the story mode achievements!! shit! i hate this game i finished both campaigns just hoping they all would pile on, but no... I played through this pile of crap for nothing... im gonna go play red faction now!

Ace thebathound
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
The story achivements are fine the only ive had any problems with is the 100 chat room matches played just about 170 now
I also have far exceeded the 100 chat room matches and not gotten the achv. Even taking into account the couple dissconnects this doesn't make sense to me. Is there some trick i am missing here?