PDA

View Full Version : Expert+

Elendanis
12-28-2008, 12:08 AM
announced in a game informer, there is going to be expert + for the drums only, it requires 2 foot pedals of which you can buy a splitter for, so i imagine you get to play all instruments :D

benbam87
12-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah you do get to play with all the instruments. Look at the new trailer for it on you tube it says it on there

Bruk
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Expert+, eh? I hope this game won't have dastardly achievements like GH3 did :/

Lucent Beam
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Ok well they better offer a 2nd official foot pedal to buy then......
At first I hated the bass pedal for the GH:WT drums but now I'm really partial to it & so far I haven't been able to find another one to buy.. I'd assume then that this announcement means it's on its way.

killerharu45
01-02-2009, 12:10 AM
well at least Metallica only has some blasts of double bass. Only in Death Magnetic does Lars actually do double bass longer then 4 or 5 seconds

Elendanis
01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
oh, they already have separate foot pedals available, but they are for the hardcore, i imagine they will release a foot pedal that is supposed to go with the game, and for it to work, all you need is a basic headphone splitter.

Zero Liability
01-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Well not really...Damage, Inc, St. Anger and all those songs on that album have crazy double bass, but I imagine they'll be putting mostly Death Magnetic stuff on the game so more often than not you'll be doing short blasts.

Stufin135
01-16-2009, 12:19 AM
oh, they already have separate foot pedals available, but they are for the hardcore, i imagine they will release a foot pedal that is supposed to go with the game, and for it to work, all you need is a basic headphone splitter.
A basic headphone splitter won't work on this i am affraid (unless they make a patch) because if you let's say keep your left food down the right foot can't be used as the game sees it that the bass is already pressed down. There is a site (which i can't remember) that sells a special splitter that auto releases the held note so the next one can be hit. I also imagine if GH will sell the new pedal i would think they would make a bundle with the splitter or maybe just sell it sepreate.

Dexter Live
01-16-2009, 01:23 AM
lets hope they don't have a achievement for 5 stars on every song on expert+

1337Pwner
01-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Anyone know if there is going to be a new guitar available with this release?

Mizark04
01-22-2009, 02:13 AM
There's no announcement for a new Guitar yet, but if you pre-order the game from Gamestop, the bonus gift is a 2nd bass pedal, with a splitter attached. (Not that it matters for this site, but right now the pre-order bonus is only available for the 360/PS3 versions.)

iamtehwin
01-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Bah, so many years of GH and they add a fucking drums expert+ first? Give me a 6th button and tell lars and his bullshit drum machine to fuck off.

Guitar should have gotten the expert+ way before the biggest fag in the band got any kind of "special" treatment.

Lars drums ALL sound the same and ALL suck. Fuck you lars. Guitar FTW!!!

Can't wait for more GH though :D

spankyNspronkle
01-24-2009, 10:52 PM
yea double bass drums is kind of lame... i would have prefered another button or something on guitar.

Lucent Beam
01-24-2009, 11:06 PM
A basic headphone splitter won't work on this i am affraid (unless they make a patch) because if you let's say keep your left food down the right foot can't be used as the game sees it that the bass is already pressed down. There is a site (which i can't remember) that sells a special splitter that auto releases the held note so the next one can be hit. I also imagine if GH will sell the new pedal i would think they would make a bundle with the splitter or maybe just sell it sepreate.

No, this is not true. This is only true on Rock Band drums because it uses a magnet to sense if the pedal is pushed down. The GH:WT bass pedal work more like a button and actually count the press impact, not whether or not the pedal is pushed down. So in theory, just a splitter would work just fine... if you had a 2nd pedal.

So..... good news! If you pre-order GH: Metallica from GameStop you get a free 2nd bass pedal. So that settles it for me... I will be pre-ordering because that's a good deal.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73601

landis315
01-26-2009, 01:26 AM
just spend 300$ and get the ion's they come with double pedal all metal

Tom115
01-26-2009, 01:29 AM
I hope the achievements are more like GH3 rather than GHWT

Grizzlegrom
01-28-2009, 09:12 AM
No, this is not true. This is only true on Rock Band drums because it uses a magnet to sense if the pedal is pushed down. The GH:WT bass pedal work more like a button and actually count the press impact, not whether or not the pedal is pushed down. So in theory, just a splitter would work just fine... if you had a 2nd pedal.

So..... good news! If you pre-order GH: Metallica from GameStop you get a free 2nd bass pedal. So that settles it for me... I will be pre-ordering because that's a good deal.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73601

Ugh I got to pre-order this now? Thanks a lot Angie :P lol..