PDA

View Full Version : Fifa Tips

McDan1el
10-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok, so i was good at every Fifa game in the past - but i just cant seem to tackle or shoot or anything on this :(

Seems very hard, any tips?

ClaussenJuice
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I could also use some tips on this game. I was once good but I suck at this one.

Mitty34
02-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Honestly, if you watch real life soccer, it will help you with this game. You ned to find a "rhythm." Be sure to play with a style that suits your team, and get the ball to your studs. Ive played 3 seasons with Arsenal, and I keep feeding the ball to TH14 and VP. If you get the ball to your studs in the box, they will find a way to get it in the net. The "Y" button is your friend. As far as tackling, i find it most effective to not use any buttons at all, but wait for the marked man to make a move and then run into him. 99% of the time you will steal the ball, and if you dont it is usually easy to recover, as the defensive AI is actually pretty tight, save for the occasional FIFA Jankness.

Baggers
02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
While defending, if you hold down X, it will make another defender (not the one you're controlling) chase the man with the ball down. That can help to apply pressure to the attacker and tackle him easier. You can hold down A to make the player you're controlling charge the ball down too.
It's best to not use slide tackle at all, it's very hard to time because of how the game is. Best thing to do is try and get alongside/infront of the attacker and hold A to tackle.

When attacking, I liked running it down the wing, playing a through ball (Y) to the attacker and either shooting or laying it off to the other striker for a tap in.

But mainly, to get good at this game, you need practise. You'll pick up the techniques that work best for you in time.

Hope that helps.