PDA

View Full Version : Idea to avoid hacking easily

Blake
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
After yesterday when i was almost hacked by someone, who was hacked by someone else. I think to login to x360a you should ask for e-mail and password not username and password because everyone can see the username, so for a hacker 50% of the work is done and hackers sometime manage to figue out the password by clue's in peoples profiles. I'm gona assume x360a doesn't give away peoples e-mail address they registered with.

Also guys avoid any link which takes you to a different looking x360a and asks you to login because your being asked to give your password and username away.

Slow2die
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately to enable this kind of login there would be a lot of scripting involved. I don't think there is even a plugin out that would enable this, which could be coded in.

It would also log everyone out, and cause issues with cookies when the change is made.

Sounds good and secure, but also quite difficult to put into place.

Evil Demon55
01-02-2009, 01:01 AM
MSN uses the same email, and if they get ahold of that, they can get on xbox.com, x360a, MSN Messenger, and you email... WAY worse and easier for them to hack all that.

Falcongale
01-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately to enable this kind of login there would be a lot of scripting involved. I don't think there is even a plugin out that would enable this, which could be coded in.

It would also log everyone out, and cause issues with cookies when the change is made.

Sounds good and secure, but also quite difficult to put into place.

Actually, most forum software provide the option for users to log in via e-mail address and password or username and password.

MSN uses the same email, and if they get ahold of that, they can get on xbox.com, x360a, MSN Messenger, and you email... WAY worse and easier for them to hack all that.

Regardless of whether it is MSN or not, they could use the same e-mail for their xbox account as they do for their Gamertag. I use gmail personally and that is a Live ID as I've had it registered through Windows Live.

This is, as other people have said, a very BAD idea and would make hacking EASIER as opposed to more difficult.

Evil Demon55
01-02-2009, 01:47 AM
That's what I said :p