PDA

View Full Version : Super Story Episode VI

GernBlanston999
10-26-2006, 12:20 PM
I had 98 gold bricks and needed only the one from the Super Story in Episode VI. I assumed/understood that I would need to complete the Super Story in under one hour AND collect 100,000 studs in order to get the brick. On my first run through it, I got 118,976 studs and finished in 1:12:34. However, I got the gold brick even though I did not complete the story in under 1 hour. The time on the clock turned red as soon as the 1 hour was reached in the story and I just played to the end to see how much time I would have to trim off my next run. But, having gotten the brick, I did not need to play it again. Did I misunderstand what was required to get the gold brick in Super Story (I finished in under 1 hour on the other two Super Stories), or was this a glitch (finally, a glitch that works in my favor instead of against me)? I'm not complaining....that was the only hard time in the game so far and I was not looking forward to trimming 12 minutes from my time.

Brigade
10-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Actually .. funny as it is, I finished SS V in 1:00:30 or something sinful like that. You just have to actually finish the story. Period. Instant gold brick. Which is nice considering how much a pain a lot of the game is (as far as achievements and time consuming 100%)

I can't imagine honestly finishing VI in under an hour .. those stories are monsters.

The Killer 47
10-28-2006, 07:37 PM
When I was doing this, it froze up on the ending cutscene for chapter six and I had to do it all over again.:mad: I ended up finishing it with about 3 minutes to spare.

PaleGringo
01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Reading this thread is a relief. I was blitzing through Great Pit of Carkoon, about 20 minutes in (gasp!) when the disco room glitched on me, and my guy got put, presumably, through the geometry. I was so pissed that I lost those 20 minutes that I stopped playing it and tried something else.

Finish it, eh? Let's go for the high-time and high score record to see if this will work!

PaleGringo
01-15-2007, 11:29 PM
So here's the progres report:

Chapter 1 - Jabba's Palace
0:24:07:31 with 43,490 studs

Chapter 2 - The Great Pit of Carkoon
0:46:32:48 with 103,720 studs

Chapter 3 - Speeder Showdown
1:19:36:04 with 207,400 studs

Chapter 4 - The Battle of Endor
1:47:36:87 with 305,770 studs

Chapter 5 - Jedi Destiny
1:57:32:71 with 358,600 studs

Chapter 6 - Into the Death Star
2:10:50:27 with 399,420 studs

And yes, I got the gold brick. Proof positive that it's not when you finish, only THAT you finish.

Truelize
02-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Wow am I glad I read this thread before redoing episode IV. :) I just finished it with a time of 103:12 and was worried I would have to redo it again. But when i got the brick I was all confused.

Sweetness. Like it was said above - a glitch that works in my favour.

zebatov
02-01-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't think it's a glitch... They were just saying it doesn't matter whether or not you beat it in under an hour. That's just a record time.

enroy yorzle
03-06-2007, 07:00 PM
In my episode VI Super Story the game keeps freezing every time at the point in Chapter 4 where on the forest floor you drop the first wooden gate and cross the river. I have tried several different times now using a different character to make sure it wasn't a character glitch. Any ideas? Or anyone else with this similar problem?

I am 96.4% completed, the super story is my last gold brick. My disc looks scratch free and I am baffled and frustrated. This game already made me break my LCD screen on my PDA phone for this stupid freeze. Yeah I need anger management, but what gives?

bdg7884
03-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Turn down the bloom filtering to zero, turn off vibration. Give that a go! People that have problems with freezing did this and it worked.

FragEmAndSmile
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
This is good news. I was dreading SS mode for Episode VI. Does this work for V as well?

BIGRIPS420
03-07-2007, 06:38 PM
It is true about all three episodes.

FragEmAndSmile
03-09-2007, 01:19 PM
That's perfect! I just need episode's V and VI SS bricks and I have em all. Thanks for the info.

bravestcaptain
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
This is the best news I have read all day! Should have my last gold brick this evening in that case, and then I shall position myself under the stud spout and while away the time until I can afford the last couple of extras to 100% it.

Just all the undefeateds to go after that...

Farrmark
03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Make sure you have one of the Ghost characters and the undefeated levels are a breeze :)

However the vehicle ones still pose a challenge!!

Not even attempted them yet :(

ruff
06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Fuckin swear to god I was about to break my controller :p

This thread saved alotta headaches

SevenFisher
06-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Super Story on Episode VI is one of longest, annoying thing I have to do in Lego Star Wars II. I had to re-do it four times...:mad:

First - In Level 4, my game crashed. Re-start.
Second - Level 6 - Death Star II. Near the end...Crashed.
Third - Level 4 again, this time when iw as trying to break that force field so I can blow the base up - yet it didn't work. It seems to be bug, and I can't do anything to fix it. So I just turn off my 360.
Fourth - Successfuly beaten it. Fist into air, and glad it was over and done with.

Weirdo666
07-01-2007, 05:14 PM
do you get the studs you collect in superstory?
i need to buy some bricks and the ghosts but if i get the studs from superstroy i ll do that before i start again for yedi etc

KingPinn187
08-04-2007, 01:09 AM
When I was doing this, it froze up on the ending cutscene for chapter six and I had to do it all over again.:mad: I ended up finishing it with about 3 minutes to spare.Yep same thing just happened to me.. 52.31.06 minutes and all that shit gone cuz it froze in the end.. great

Crimson Drifter
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Yay! This is great information, besides the vehicle undefeated achievements episode VI was making me worry. now I know I'm not under a constraint, thanks a lot guys for the find and confirmation.

WrottenSandwich
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
oh man I was saving SSIV for one of my last missions but now that I read this I will go ahead and knock it out......

Edit: after playing the level 3 times and it freezing on me with 15 to 30 secs till the end everytime. I turned off Bloom Filtering and Vibration in the options and ended the level at 1 hour and 35 seconds. Still got the brick!!

StumpyFlesh
02-20-2008, 07:53 AM
That makes me so happy. I was absolutely dreading these play throughs, and reading this thread has brought me much relief. Thanks for posting this.

Mozza FTW
11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah thanks for the tips guys, i've had some trouble with my game freezing before on the jedi destiny level :(Making my way through the SS's atm and i'm a bit worried that it may freeze there again ohh well i will try turning off vibration and bloom filtering and hope for the best :)

phatstrat
12-23-2008, 05:06 PM
It is definitely the vibration that causes the glitches in SS Epi VI. I had this happen once in the forest and twice on the last level. Also, beating the SS under the time limit does not matter, but it is a lot cooler if you can accomplish it. Not an easy task!

Soldier 4 I AM
03-09-2009, 05:56 AM
I did the super story and got to the last 5 seconds and the game froze on me. I was so mad cuz i just wanted to be done with this game and never have to pick it up again. I turned off the everything in the options and extra menues. Finished the mission and moved on with my life.

xGrenadeJumper7
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I was doing episode 4 and was about to turn off the final force field in battle of endor, and when i pulled down the switches, the sheild didn't turn off.

Colonel Kevin
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Definitely just did this with all the options off and had the game still crash on me. I have lost way too many hours trying to do this over the years and still don't have it.

I need to smash the disc or something to stop me from coming back to this miserable thing.

Starz 007
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I think you need to get either below the time limit or over 100k studs. If you don't hit either, I don't think you get the gold brick.

plebeianprint
10-26-2009, 04:24 AM
When I was doing this, it froze up on the ending cutscene for chapter six and I had to do it all over again.:mad: I ended up finishing it with about 3 minutes to spare.

The same thing just happened to me. Exiting the death star, I take it? I am sooo pissed right now.

davehx
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok...realise lots of you may have already solved these problems but...

1) The time DOES matter...if you dont have enough studs. It's an either/or scenario...beat the time OR enough studs. PS..an hour is easily doable on all the stories

2) Try turning the in-game music off to help with the freezing

3) My super-story (VI) froze twice in exactly the same place...crossing the river. A solution i found on the official xbox forums was to enter the river...wait until all characters join you....head up river...take control of a droid (i think...was a while back now)...head back down river...take the droids out first...wait until everyone is out before moving too far....continue as normal