PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Boosting List Tab

Evil Demon55
01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Suck at title!

My idea is that there be a tab like there is Visitor Messages, About Me, ect... Right next to Contact Info would be another tab for boosting.

Just a list of games that person may be boosting or need achievements in.

-Sig has little space, I have no more space in my sig.
-Only for games that the person needs achievements in, but if you like also for games 100%... no leaderboard enterence needed, the person just puts in as needed and manually updates it.

----JUST AN IDEA! Don't be a dick if you do not like the idea.

Mantra
01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I'd second this idea if you said that the ideal location would be under the avatar image/awards display (I think it's too hidden where you say).

And with a limit on the games to boost, of course, to avoid people from slapping all their games in(3 games would be ideal).

With this there could be a kind of rating/feedback to "prize" those who help people boost for the achievements and encourage a little more the helping vein in all of us. :)

Falcongale
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
How about exactly like the Awards Showcase but a 'Boosting Showcase' style thing. Where the user can specify games into the little section?

Blackjaw x
01-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I like the idea.

However, I would want it where Evil Demon55 suggested, not where Mantra suggested. If you put it under the avatar/awards, the posts will be made longer, with tons of empty space added to each one, which defeats the purpose of taking it out of the signature. Hopefully you get what I mean by "longer". To see what I mean, look for a one line post by a member with a lot of awards.

If this doesn't work out, we could all make a trend of just commenting on our own visitor wall with the games we want to boost in, so people see it first thing when they view our profile.

Mantra
01-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I'd rather prefer to see the games up front instead of having to search for them in the player's profile.

That would kind of defeat the purpose of imediacy (and in a way the site's).

Possibly by limiting a wee bit the pictures in the sigs? There are a few ones that are as
big as entire posts...

Evil Demon55
01-03-2009, 01:55 AM
I actually like both ideas now. Blackjaw did make a good argument about the topic though, I have seen those long posts, and they really are somewhat... annoying. I wouldn't like to be seeing those more often now. Also, how would it work, would their be a list of games in your profile that you select and you can only have a set limit of 10 games shown, and when it shows under the award showcase, it would have the picture of the game that the site picks?.... that actually seems like a decenet idea aswell.

I am now leaning towards the version of under the awards showcase, with exceptions of a set limit of games you are allowed to put.

Also, when you join, you can only list 2 boosting games, and the more you posts the more you can show you want to boost, but only a limit of 10 when you do hit that limit, at about 2,000 posts I would say.

Blackjaw x
01-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Yeah I guess there's no point to put it in a tab in the profile because you'd only ever look at the people you already know. But then what's the point in doing this? It'll only cause more clutter than the signatures already do. You, Evil Demon55, could fit a list of the games you wanted to boost no problem if you took out one of your 3 gamercards.

Evil Demon55
01-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Yea I could, but I like my 3 different gamercards, which show 3 different things :p

It would be a cool idea, but you are right.

SabreOscar
01-03-2009, 03:23 AM
I think this is an excellent idea. Id like to see it somewhere up front even if its just the word "boosting' that takes you to the tab of the members profile once its clicked on.

The Pants Party
01-03-2009, 03:34 AM
People have had a lot of success using the social groups to organize things. Make a group and simply link that in your sig, then people interested can join the group and set it up.

I know there a lot of ways to make organizing boosting just that little bit easier if we could add a new feature to the forum itself, but a little inventiveness and effort on our users' end for the time being will let us focus on some of the other features that are like... a year behind schedule.

Evil Demon55
01-04-2009, 01:32 AM
I would make a social group, but the wait for people to join is long. I just found out about socail groups about 2 weeks ago and I have been here since August. That does make sense though... by chance anyone here have a link to a boosting social group, my search engine is broken for some odd reason?

I still like the idea of a tab/showcase, but that is not up to me to decide if this is to happen or not.

Mantra
01-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Yes, I would prefer to see a list of "games being boosted" instead of entering in social
groups and whatnot.

Or, even simpler:

In the Wishlist/Collection link, put a "Boosting" one, where everyone who is boosting can click and go to a listing of players that have also clicked there.

Blackjaw x
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM
In the Wishlist/Collection link, put a "Boosting" one, where everyone who is boosting can click and go to a listing of players that have also clicked there.

Now THAT could work. I like it.

But then... we have the achievement trading thread which is essentially the same thing. Only advantage of doing it that way would be the people who only visit the homepage and not the forum would be shown to us as well.

The Pants Party
01-07-2009, 01:22 AM
The thing is with all these suggestions, you still have to organize the actual session. How would this be done? If you're not using a social group, you'd use the forums. But there is already a thread on the forums for each game. Outside that, you'd need to coordinate messages on Live or PMs. I don't see any method of "advertising" the fact you're boosting to ease the work needed to actually organize the session itself.

Mantra
01-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I know what you mean with that, but trust me when I say that people just post there
and never get back, hoping to have a nice message telling them "Hey, let's boost."
somewhere here on Live.

This sugestion would help to streamline this process and (if there is a remote possibility of this even happening) provide a way of giving feedback about the players.

I've found a few fellows that just don't help during boosting sessions.

It would also help the creation of "Boosting Buddies".

I know this is way to much too ask and I can see where your reservations tend to,
but I also see this getting somewhere.

The achievement trading threads seem to be ideal for kind of recent games, whereas
older games seem to be forgotten.

But hey, I didn't pay anything by asking. :p

[Waggly Bean]
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I've found a few fellows that just don't help during boosting sessions.

I like some of the ideas mentioned, but I don't see how they would stop this happening.
A lot of people probably wouldn't care about having bad feedback left, and may just make new accounts on x360a to have a neutral feedback again. Plus, I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've seen Pants (or someone 'high up') suggest reporting anybody who does run off after getting their achievements - kind of the same thing as leaving feedback, so it wouldn't really be a much different situation IMO.

This is where the advantage of doing it through the social groups comes in. You chat and get to know the people rather than just boosting with them, before you know it you have a dedicated group of boosters who can all be trusted to not mess you about. :)