PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

Webb
10-27-2006, 01:53 PM
So then, I've now had the plessure of playing FIFA and this is my lowdown...

So, I fire it up and it looks great, sounds great, so I go straight in to game, exhibition, Liverpool v. Everton. When In fire it up, Anfiled looks something close to breath taking and real life and the players (although some of the players look nothing like their real life friends) look brilliant.

Thats where my praise seems to disappear unfortunately. Where do I start, the passing has gone backwards from the last one IMO and the goalkeepers have become more unbeatable, like from 3 yards unbeatable (they also seem to come out and take all the corners as well :S). Dribbling seems robotic and nothing like real life, pace is not authentic, I mean, Craig Bellamy was slower than Alan Stubbs!!!! LMFAO!!!!

So, although the game looks and sounds brilliant, the game faulters where it usually does, gameplay :( Shame really...

We need to combine FIFA and PES to have the ultimate football game :D

RatedH
10-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I would have to agree with that, although i do loved the shooting. Also Andy Gray and Martin Tyler are just fb :)

Webb
10-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Not got to grips with it really yet. Weird going from PES to FIFA and vice versa. Will try and get a bit of time over the weekend to play a bit..

Oh BTW - End of the match stats are awesome, like the man of the match highlight bit, great touch EA :)

steviecrocker
10-28-2006, 01:17 AM
I have to agree with you on most things there. I think the whole realistic physics between players is OTT, you know where you run into players and you just bounce off? For example Drogba bouncing off Peter Crouch? You know that would end in tears in real life. lol. Anyway I'm loving this game, although I am upset my beloved Plymouth Argyle is missing! Still, good game! :drunk