PDA

View Full Version : Tug of War and Score Duel

d0nk3y k0n9
01-03-2009, 01:51 AM
the two modes of online play compared to GH they are face off and pro face off.

first my question... if someone quits mid song do u get the win like GH?

second my rant... may god please punish whoever the hell made this tug of war piece of shit! its aweful! at least face off is based on points ToW is based on whos hitting notes at that time. In the real game of tug of war the game is over when the other person has their face in the mud, in this ToW u can bury the arrow head behind ur glowing winning symbol and if u decide to stop hitting notes for a minute for whatever reason the other person has a chance to come back regardless of how poorly they played the whole match... down with ToW

360_Fan _
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
the two modes of online play compared to GH they are face off and pro face off.

first my question... if someone quits mid song do u get the win like GH?

second my rant... may god please punish whoever the hell made this tug of war piece of shit! its aweful! at least face off is based on points ToW is based on whos hitting notes at that time. In the real game of tug of war the game is over when the other person has their face in the mud, in this ToW u can bury the arrow head behind ur glowing winning symbol and if u decide to stop hitting notes for a minute for whatever reason the other person has a chance to come back regardless of how poorly they played the whole match... down with ToW

To answer your questions:

1) no you do not get the win, which sucks b/c it screws up your streaks

2) i agree with you Tug of War is terrible. Once, I 100% an online song, but so did my opponent. He got something like 321 notes hit and I got 320 notes. If they want to make it fair at least give equal amounts of notes.

d0nk3y k0n9
01-03-2009, 06:47 PM
it is by far the least fair thing ive ever played against an online opponent

Dazz
01-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Agree on the second part, I had quite the winning streak going but on the final one before I would've got the 5 in a row achievement (which I was winning) it suddenly gave my opponent a whole section to play while I stood waiting for notes to come up my side, that person then got the win.

Just seems incredibly unfair to have it like that with no chance of winning if you're given nothing to play for a while.

Lympathia
01-05-2009, 07:46 AM
I play 10 games of Score Duel and only make it to the end of one song. I'm so sick of people quitting because they stuff up.

blackwidow26
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
I just got the five in a row achievement. If you have someone quit on you, it doesn't count, but it doesn't mess up your streak. The 4th of my 6 songs was a quitter, but I got the achievement after my 5th win on the 6th song.

Lympathia
01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Indeed, you can get the streaks but geez it takes ages to win 20. I have a lot of trouble finding people and then they quit on you when they're getting pantsed!

SebastianSB
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I never could figure out why they do that. They must think their TruSkill score wont go down, but it does count against them when they bail out. Just plain stupid.

They do it because if they're going for the streak achievement quitting doesn't break it.

SebastianSB
01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
you sure about that? I could have sworn it does...

I'm pretty sure that's what I read. Either way it doesn't have to be true for people to believe it and quit early because of it.

Kore Otter
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
you sure about that? I could have sworn it does...

No, it doesn't. It's happened to me before when I got disconnected from XBox LIVE in the middle of a song that would have been my 5th win. I got reconnected right after, thinking my streak was gone because it made me quit in the middle of the song, but when I won the next song I did, I still ended up getting the streak achievement.

hartlekd
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
if somebody is going for that acheivment and keeps getting crushed they might not have any other option but that to get the acheivment so I wouldn't mark them a bad user that quickly

cstays
01-27-2009, 05:41 AM
In regards to the streak achievements, do the streaks have to be completed in the same session? Can I win (say) 3 in a row, then turn off the Xbox, then come back later and win 2 in a row and still get the achievements?

Thanks.

snootch1982
01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
ive recently just got this game and i cant find anyone online at all, i live in britain. ive won 1 score battle in the 2 weeks ive had this game, and this was the only person that came online

SebastianSB
01-30-2009, 03:48 PM
ive recently just got this game and i cant find anyone online at all, i live in britain. ive won 1 score battle in the 2 weeks ive had this game, and this was the only person that came online

Try finding someone to boost it with, then. If both of you enter matchmaking at the same time and online is as dead as you say it is it should be no problem getting together every time to win/lose 20 times per mode.

hartlekd
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Try finding someone to boost it with, then. If both of you enter matchmaking at the same time and online is as dead as you say it is it should be no problem getting together every time to win/lose 20 times per mode.

I recently boosted these with my friend as I just finally got around to buying Rock Band. We both went to Medium/Bass guitar and nobody was on that but us which made it easier as we got matched everytime. However if it's completely dead I guess it wouldn't matter as long as you both pick the same difficulty and instrument