PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Combining Lists With Guides

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
01-03-2009, 06:01 AM
As of right now the guides are kept solely in the forums, but what if the explanations and strategies to attain each individual achievement were kept in dropdown boxes near that same achievement in the List.

For Example, you want to know how to attain 500 Agility Orbs in Crackdown. You go to the regular list and click on a tab attached to the achievement (all 50 achievements would have separate dropdown tabs) that tab would contain a brief explanation of the best strategies to attain the achievement. (If necessary...links to pics, maps, or videos.)

This doesnt have to replace the current way we up achievement guides, just supplement it, make it easier to manage and pinpoint the achievements you need.

The Pants Party
01-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Well I'm not sure if I'm reading that right, but if you enable the game's checklist and check off the achievements you have, you can then hide the ones you've already done and then you're only left with the ones you need. Doesn't pinpoint it to one achievement, but it will narrow it down I suppose.

jukkakhan
01-03-2009, 08:28 AM
If I'm interpreting what you're describing correctly, that's already a function of the achievement lists. For example, here's Crackdown's:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/crackdown/guide/

If that's not what you meant, could you elaborate a little more?

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
01-04-2009, 02:09 AM
i mean that the ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE is attached...i know you have your checklist but what if there was a drop down box or something that showed how to attain that achievement, off the main list. So the ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE was sort of IN the Achievement list...

Comprende?

The Pants Party
01-04-2009, 02:39 AM
How is that any different than the "Guide" page for each game? Unless the game you're using doesn't have a guide up on the main page.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fallout-3/guide/

That right there has the guide in the achievement list, just under a different link. I'm fairly sure that's what you're looking for (aside from pin-pointing a single achievement, but that is pretty redundant). But again, you can narrow it down to what achievements you still need by using the checklist and hiding completed achievements.

Evil Demon55
01-05-2009, 03:35 AM
So when we look at guides posted on the main site they have the option to show full list and only selected achievements? If that is what you are saying, I like it, but also don't like it. I'm 50/50 on this one.

The Pants Party
01-05-2009, 03:39 AM
The default is to show the whole list, the other options are "Hide Completed" and "Hide Secret" so that you can either eliminate achievements you have and don't need a guide for anymore, or don't want the spoilers that are sometimes found in secret achievements.

This is of course hinged upon the fact that you are using the My360Achievements feature for that specific game.

Var 18
01-07-2009, 11:00 PM
The default is to show the whole list, the other options are "Hide Completed" and "Hide Secret" so that you can either eliminate achievements you have and don't need a guide for anymore, or don't want the spoilers that are sometimes found in secret achievements.

This is of course hinged upon the fact that you are using the My360Achievements feature for that specific game.

I believe what he is saying is instead of having to search through the guide section, combine the list and guide so that the list content is shown, but in things like the "spoiler alert" drop down thing, the guide information would come out, and make it easier to manage. Kinda like when you open a folder on your computer, all the information comes out only from the folder you opened. This way the page would be shorter and easier to manage, so you would only have to see the guides you need at the moment.

It is different than the "hide complete" feature.