PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for 1000 AD achievement. (Really, really works)

Zacharoni
01-03-2009, 06:27 PM
So I tried at this many, many times with the strategies here and had almost NO luck at all. So I started to experiment.

Most strategies here have you using the arabs, this is what I changed and recieved instant success. Use the Mongols, their perk is MUCH better than the arabs.

What is so great about them? Whenever you defeat a Barbarian village, it automatically comes over to your side. Yes, if you defeat lets say 5 Barbarian villages (big or small) you now have 6 cities (including your starting one). At this point you can use your money (Play the "All about the Money" scenario to start with 1000 gold) to rush a Keshic (Mongol special unit, very good horseman) in every city. So yeah, you are generating 2 very strong horseman armies PER TURN almost right off the bat (assuming you rush your unit in all 6 cities every turn.

Aside from this, do everything as you normally would, connect all your cities with roads, and scout with your warriors in the very begining (use them to get the Barbarian huts quick in the beginning too). Than just rush with your 8+ horseman armies, last one of two cities will need cadapults.

I won at 200 AD on my first try with this, after only getting 1 Civ conquered at 1000 AD at best with other strategies.

Good luck!

ScottC1s
01-05-2009, 05:26 AM
I justed used this strat. It really works I was able to get this on my first try and by 000 AD

plumbpist
01-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Works great! Thanks a lot man, I have been trying for this one for a long time!

...Now if I could just get a Deity cultural win I'd have this game done!

nicknicknick333
01-08-2009, 03:08 AM
For me, I played as the Zulus and just continued to restart until I got all of the enemies on one island (I was on that island too obviously). Then I encircled every city and eventually crushed every civilization by 700 ad.

BizaroFett
01-08-2009, 07:52 AM
This seems to be pretty sound to me.. I'm going to try this out for sure. Thanks I will post back when I get around to it.

IXISHADOW
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I've now tried your guide and another on the forums aswell as the achievement guide itself and I'm stuck got a save where I have 2 cities and I can't take over Germany they keep killing all of my horsemen and warriors with their archers please help.

d0ns7er
01-12-2009, 03:43 AM
This worked for thnx.
Shadow all I can tell ya is play it a couple of times.
Get to know the map well, which cities to hit first get a gally soon find out where the special islands are.
Then do it!

Zacharoni
01-13-2009, 01:39 AM
I've now tried your guide and another on the forums aswell as the achievement guide itself and I'm stuck got a save where I have 2 cities and I can't take over Germany they keep killing all of my horsemen and warriors with their archers please help.

A lot of it is luck about the city spawns. Just keep trying, you will eventually get a lot of the cities all very close to each other.

BizaroFett
01-14-2009, 08:21 AM
IXISHADOW I suggest simply starting another run. Its kind of a rinse and repeat thing.

IXISHADOW
01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok thanks for the help I'll start again and exploe a little to find the other villages and load when I see them thanks again.

tarekegypt
01-14-2009, 07:56 PM
it works! thanks! got my last achievement with this strategy

pmWolf
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
HOLY CRAP...this works awesomely.

I captured 5 or 6 villages, converted them all, and had them all rush spam Keshik's. I had so many freakin' horse armies it was pathetic.

I won by 2400 BC.

Astounding.

pmWolf
01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
(Forgot to mention):
A lot of the cities you convert are pathetically small...and can't do much of anything (build, grow population, get gold, etc).

Rush build the Keshik's, and you'll run out of money after several turns...but that's okay, because every city you overtake will give you another 700-850 gold, and you can keep rush building the horse armies. (Build some roads, too...it makes things quicker).

Rinse. Repeat.

Seriously...2400 BC...everything worked perfectly.

Zacharoni
01-20-2009, 12:22 AM
(Forgot to mention):
A lot of the cities you convert are pathetically small...and can't do much of anything (build, grow population, get gold, etc).

Rush build the Keshik's, and you'll run out of money after several turns...but that's okay, because every city you overtake will give you another 700-850 gold, and you can keep rush building the horse armies. (Build some roads, too...it makes things quicker).

Rinse. Repeat.

Seriously...2400 BC...everything worked perfectly.

Well yeah, the cities are terrible for normal gameplay, but you can still rush units just fine. Which is all you need.

NorthernLass
01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this out I have been neglecting civ rev for far too long

rowain
01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
I did this and managed victory by 250AD. It was touch and go with the third AI (Japanese). I managed to wear down the first computer I found, the Russians, with just a couple of Keshik armies. I split my force and found the Americans next, it was a bit tougher but overwhelmed them with pressure from 5-6 Keshik armies. Game was around 1600AD at this point and I had like 8 cities.

I explored for what seemed like AGES and couldn't find the other AIs. Eventually I found the japanese on my continent, but at the very northern most coast. This is where things got frustrating.

Word of advice: make use of spies. For one, the AI seems to like sitting on all that sweet gold you start the game with, which means you can steal it. Do this with every new civ you meet and you can come away with like 900 gold each time, which you turn around and reuse in rushing armies. Also, DISRUPT DEFENSIVE UNITS. I was ready to tear my hair out because the Japanese were destroying EVERYTHING I sent at them because their only city, Kyoto, had walls and a stack of archers that had a defensive rating of 18, and they continually destroyed keshik and catapault armies. It took me like 8 turns to march the catapaults up there too, and obviously time is a serious issue. I put the spies to use and got that 18 down to a 15, which I managed to beat with a ninja keshik army and some catapaults.

Lastly I found the Egyptians way off on an island, but by this point I had Knights so I just rushed some gallies and marched off like 5 knight armies and 5 catapault armies and had them in a couple of turns.

But definitely, definitely remember to use spies, it makes things a LOT easier.

BlargTSP08
01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Wow, just another post to assure everyone that this works amazingly. Finished in 1100 BC with 11 Keshik Armies and many catapult armies and more Keshiks on the way to the last capital. I even had to use galleys to cross the water and it finished so quickly. Thanks for the strategy, Zacharoni.

Streetrunner77
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
I tried it - couldn't get it to work - kept getting whipped by the Arabs

sticks
01-31-2009, 03:54 PM
how do you build to keshiks? even after taking over a couple barbarian cities i still only had option to build warrior and galley.

Zacharoni
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
how do you build to keshiks? even after taking over a couple barbarian cities i still only had option to build warrior and galley.
Research horseback riding dude. Come on, that's pretty basic.

But I'm glad I could help out so many of you with this tough achievement.

Hopefully Homer believes in Karma.

Weirdo666
02-08-2009, 11:25 AM
wow man, i must have tried at least 7-8 times, with no luck, not even close to it.
tried this and on my first try got total domination at 1800 BC!
jeezzz and i even lost a few battles at the start! good tip man awesom!

SquirrelFood252
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
worked like a charm thanks for the tip

Won by 150AD due to some islands and over sites

bathori
02-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Interesting strategy.
Personally I found using the Aztecs on the Mazeworld map to be most effective.
You can get knights VERY early on that map and usually they can destroy anything the enemy AI has available at that time.

Streetrunner77
02-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Still doesn't work for me - no matter which people i use

Dock Vader
02-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Still doesn't work for me - no matter which people i use
It almost has to be the mongols so you can have additional towns to quickly build units, plus having them convert to new citys for you increases your ability to link cities via roads (which is crucial to this acheivement) and move quicker. It worked the second time for me. But, I can tell you results will very based on the other civs the CPU pits you against, and/or how close you happen to be from the other civ capitals. Hang in there, this one does work.

dda24
03-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Nice. Very easy with this stratagy. Did it by 700 BC and I had a lot of exploring to do. I never even had to load a save. Just explored and dominated with the horses. I never even had to build catapults or anything. Just ass loads of the horse guys. Someone should sticky this since it is so easy

JaMeZiZbAcK
03-03-2009, 03:33 AM
I'll try this out soon.

FlyBoy120586
03-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks dude, I won by 650AD on an island map

zombies risen
03-04-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm surprised everybody is saying this works. I've tried 5 times now and I'm getting nothing but headaches. I'm following everything exactly but the defending archers just tear my horse armies up pathetically.

Zacharoni
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm surprised everybody is saying this works. I've tried 5 times now and I'm getting nothing but headaches. I'm following everything exactly but the defending archers just tear my horse armies up pathetically.
You need like 4+ horse armies to attack all on the same turn one after another.

zombies risen
03-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah I finally got this.... It totally came down to spawn placement. All of the other powers were on the same island as me except for the Romans. They kept to themselves on a tiny island and I saved them for last. They just stayed in one city and was actually the easiest to take down.

Thanks for posting this. If you are having troubles with this just keep restarting until you think you have good map placement. Use your warriors early on to search out other civs and see if they are spawned close to you. If so, go for it.

BTW, I could definitely tell the difference between King and Deity difficulty while trying this. Phew.

Cameron Speirs
03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks so much Zacharoni i did this first go by 300 ad :)

Cameron Speirs
03-06-2009, 11:45 PM

This may be a bit late lol but i found galleons catapults and as zacharoni said those horsey things useful

DUBBLEUP
04-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I cant get this to work for the life of me. I had 10 of those horse armies lined up outside kyoto (jap capital) and rushed all of them in. I couldnt destroy 1 single archer army! Their defense started at 15 and kept going higher and higher because of all their victories. This seems to happen everytime I try and play it this way. There's got to be an easier way of winning before 1000 AD without trying to dominate every single city. Off to the google I go! If I find a better way, i'll post it.

Wallace Suka
04-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I cant get this to work for the life of me. I had 10 of those horse armies lined up outside kyoto (jap capital) and rushed all of them in. I couldnt destroy 1 single archer army! Their defense started at 15 and kept going higher and higher because of all their victories. This seems to happen everytime I try and play it this way. There's got to be an easier way of winning before 1000 AD without trying to dominate every single city. Off to the google I go! If I find a better way, i'll post it.
Use to Aztecs in the Blitzkrieg scenario (60 turns), since they heal after each win, so there is no need to heal them after every turn. First after conquering a city change some to gold and leave others as science. Build roads to make troop movement easy. Get the Mathematic tech as quickly as possible, change all cities to gold (You do not need science anymore after getting catapults), and start building catapults in all cities. Group three together and wait until you have five sets of them (Use gold to make them build it faster). The archers may destroy one or two groups, but they (the archers) will not last long. Keep on making catapult and you must leave three sets of troops per capital city to safeguard them. Keep on using catapults on the city and whatever city it is attacking will fall.

MikeAK
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
WOW! This worked like a charm. All I used were Keshic armies and had mine by 1600BC. Being able to capture barbarian villages is with out a doubt the key here.

theo
04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Hello,

The basic strategy described in this thread works.
I got lucky with all civilizations on the same landmass. This made it possible to take down the first three civilizations with horsemen.
For the fourth japanese civilization I used several catapults. Didn't even need spies.

One thing I did different was using a savegame to find out where the enemy capitals were located.

Best Regards,

Theo Boots

ps. victory in 200 AD

Tyler Divine
04-18-2009, 05:14 PM
That strategy was awesome, I got a great map and was finished up by 2000 BC. Thanks!

Jedi Kayben
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Yep this stratergy worked great for me too, i just got the achievement. Had all capitals on one landmass and produced like a million horsemen lol. I think at the end i had like 20 armies or something which was a bit over the top but i wanted to make sure i could get the last city. Finished up in 1500 BC. Thanks for the great tips!!

potautoman
04-20-2009, 02:18 AM
by far the easiest way I've seen

E vee dub
04-22-2009, 01:54 AM
After exploring 3 maps, I finally found a map with all 4 other civilizations on the same piece of land. With all the searching, saving and careful moves, I finally got this achievement after about 6 hours. I hope these tips reduce your time.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s48.jpg That We May Live in Peace 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Win the game by year 1000 AD on King difficulty or higher.

Game type: Single Player / New Game
Difficulty: King
Civilization: Aztec (for auto heal units after battle)

Very Helpful Tips
-Know where all four civs are located.
-Keep the save for the start of this game. Do not save over it.
-Only build warrior units. Gather into armies before attacking a city.
-Rush build units asap, except when saving for your one road.
-Use victory over barbarians ALONG THE WAY to upgrade units.
-Upgrade units only with added city attack or extra moves. Never upgrade to be healed anywhere since you're Aztecs.
-Always save before an attack and after, if victorious. You'll be doing this a lot.
-Build the one most efficient road to reduce transport. (You can click RS to sell warrior units far from the action to purchase a road.)
-Do not guard your cities. Kill any units along the way to another city so they don't take yours.
-Always have an army on its way to each of the four locations. Attack and win asap. Send any units at conquered cities to other cities to attack.
-Have extra armies for the last civilizations.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Nice strategy, it's very good and works.

kaleido42
04-22-2009, 02:03 AM
I was going to rent this game again to finish it off and now I have one more reason, thanks

Yokuz116
04-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Yes. The strategy in the guide doesn't work at all. Terrible strategy. Plus, I think the combat system is seeded, because I've reloaded a save 15 times and lose every single time the exact same way even though I had a 2.5 point advantage.

kristoney
04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Tried this honestly about 15-20 times with no luck. Did it on the first try using this method. Thanks.

big red marino
04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
This should be sticky’d or added to the guide. A very easy method once you build enough Keshik armies. After researching horses make sure you pay attention to what RESEARCH will brings you mathematics the fastest. This will help towards the end as I needed catapults to take the last city. Also, it is best to SAVE before you explore and/or go to WAR as this will save time. Most of the battles I had were against Archers and it was frustrating at first because they would take out 4 or 5 Keshik Armies no problem. I then started to go at the cities with 9 – 12 keshik armies and this went perfect. I had Spain and Greece first up and they were tough. America fell immediately. Finally, the Zimbabwe took some catapult armies and a couple of spies to knock off.

Also, Has anyone tried this on DEITY? I am wondering if it will work for the DOMINATION Achievement.

Zacharoni
05-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Wow, glad to see this thread is still alive and helping people. :)

zimzvm
05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Also, Has anyone tried this on DEITY? I am wondering if it will work for the DOMINATION Achievement.
the strategy for cultural win on deity from the guide is well suited also for financial and domination.
I saved about 5 turns before getting Bank/UN. and during one game I got six echievements. I'm also very close of getting domination victory I'm still to capture 2 remaining palaces. only one is overseas so it's not a problem.

@Zacharoni
I'll try your tips as soon as I get domination win on deity.
from my experience with the game they are really neat.

jakekh1983
05-04-2009, 09:46 AM
worked to perfection on my first try. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! i was able to get it at 900 BC. thanks man, one more to go and that will make 1000.

Domantos
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I must say I like the look of this. The 1000 achievement is the only difficult one I have left (I hope =P ), so will definitely try out this tactic =D
Here's to hoping this will be my first 1k game =D

/Domantos

Roberwt
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Very usefull strategy, tnx! Had a lot of trouble with the last city, but as soon as i had 2/3 catapult armies it went like a charm. Thanks again!

zimzvm
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Keshik rush works magic ! on my very first try.

I beat the game in 1600BC but it could have been much earlier but I feared Germans would have stronger defence but they had one Archer army and two additional Archer units. at the end of the game I had like 11 cities, about 22 Keshik (I lost only one army during whole game, lolz.) armies and 2 Catapult armies.

TriRock
05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
An excellent strategy. Just rounded up this last achievement with Keshiks, Keshiks and and nothing but Keshiks. Of course there was luck involved that all opponents were on the same land mass but so what. Last enemy capital was conquered in 1100 BC.I five-star this thread and thank thee. :)

Domantos
05-18-2009, 07:13 AM
An excellent strategy. Just rounded up this last achievement with Keshiks, Keshiks and and nothing but Keshiks. Of course there was luck involved that all opponents were on the same land mass but so what. Last enemy capital was conquered in 1100 BC.I five-star this thread and thank thee. :)

Had a very similar game to this one. All Keshniks and everyone one the same island. It was just a matter of finding the enemy, after that I just pounded them to the floor. After getting 3 towns (2 converted barbarian ones) I pumped out 3 Keshniks per turn and became virtually unstoppable =D
I did not loose a final unit in the entire scenario. Wish all victories could be this easy =P

/Domantos

Razzattack99
05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
i played as the arabs and just followed the guide. Only loaded it once, and considering the zulus were on another island, won by 400AD

Sotaco
05-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Thanks a lot, I did it on year 300BC!!!! This should be in the official guide!

Eiserner Juppie
06-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Thank you so much!
This strategy worked well for me and last evening I finally got the 1000 on this game. :rock

Leibrockoli
06-25-2009, 12:47 PM
This strategy is really good. Realistically, the Mongols expand the fastest, which is great.

Works great! Thanks a lot man, I have been trying for this one for a long time!

...Now if I could just get a Deity cultural win I'd have this game done!

If you want the Deity Cultural, do "Beta Centauri" as Greeks. They start with a Courthouse and make expanding a lot easier. Build as many temples and cathedrals as possible. I was able to do Economic and Cultural with "Beta Centauri" just by re-loading a save I made before I built the winning wonders.

chriscutis
07-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Just followed this strategy and won in 400AD. I only had a few Barbarian villages along the way, but 3 of the 4 were on my landmass with Russia two turns away by galleon. I ended up having 20 keshic armies and only needing 4 or 5 to take Moscow. I did use a spy ring to destroy fortifications first though. And I took out the other Russian city by the water so I could get to Moscow, might've spread their forces too thin.

THE IGODFATHERI
07-03-2009, 07:13 PM
This guide was really helpfull thank you

whiskey simple
07-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Awesome strat!! worked the first try and i won before i even got to AD!! thanks man

Axeman76
08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
The strategy described in the OP worked a treat for me. On my first attempt I got the win in 100BC against the French, Spanish, Egyptians and Arabs. Probably could have done it quicker, but both the Egyptians and Arabs were on a different land mass from my starting city. Also took each capital using only Keshik armies - no need for spies or catapults.

Finally got 1000G in this one! :)

Chico76
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I know this is an older post, but I wanted to say THANKS! for the great strategy. I got this on my first try at 500 BC.

My only suggestion is to go after 1 other AI at a time. Spam those Keshiks every turn with every city. I would suggest going for Writing with a little bit of science, simply because the Spies are great if one or more of the cities were able to get City Walls put up.

Oh, and save OFTEN. I was saving at least every other turn and always after taking someone out.

I honestly can't imagine this method NOT working for anyone, other than perhaps because one of the other AI are on another island...

Odi
02-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Just to be sure I understand...Keshik armies for normal cities and catapults for capitals? Or is the key to get to the other cities before they build archers?

NM answered my own question... :)

Uriel X
02-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Awesome guide, it worked so great it should be illegal.
For those of you guys having some trouble, here's how I did it. I managed to luck out and get all the civs on the same continent.

Here's what I did... Won by 2400BC, never even got to research catapults.

Rushed warrior first turn so I have 2. Sent one north, and one south.
Second turn I rushed a settler, and settled my second city a few tiles away.
After a few turns I found 2 other capitals, and had horseback riding. First thing I did was rushed both city's making Keshiks until I had 2 armies worth, then I started attacking the closest of the 2 enemies.
(every turn still rushing a Keshik at every city I own)
While still attacking the other civ I found, and took 2 barb villages and immediately linked them to my other 2 cities with roads.
Capped my first civ capital, then healed, and grouped those armies up with the other armies I made, and sent 5 towards the second civ.
I managed to take that in 1 turns worth of attacks, and while moving to that city I found another civ.
I sent about 9 armies to the 3rd civ, and had no problems, and while healing I found the last one.
The last civ was the only civ to have more then 1 city, which I took his satellite city before the capital. I also left all of my cities undefended! I was churning out about 3 armies per turn, and with the road network could move them anywhere.

The final civ to fall didn't have any tech better then archers, and didn't have walls. So I never needed any cats. Won by 2400BC.

Edit:
My enemies, and the order I killed them ( just as I found them)
1. Zulu
2. Arab
3. Indian
4. Aztek

DEG23
03-29-2010, 02:29 AM
this has got to be the best strategy for not only getting the 1000 ad win but also the deity achievements. I used this strategy and it worked for all four victory types, i am in your debt

mister ost
04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
worked fine for me, my first try, all citys on same island, no boats needed(whohooo;>) took my first win with mongols and the chievo for NOT changing goverment at the same time, thanks.
Edit: won by 1700BC, no other units then Keshiks, no sience, no food, no nothing. Rush barracks and then Keshiks, worked verry nice for me. if u like, u can change the sience to gold and have a extra small income every turn, Thanks again.

OSU Brutus OSU
04-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Pretty slick...all about the money is the key...wouldn't have thought of that

TonkaCrush
04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
This stratagy really works well. The Mongol Special Unit does fairly well against 1 single unit of enemy archers. I was able to take out the Egyptians quick with 2 full armys of them and 1 army of soldiers.

After that i used the Mongol Special unit to run around and attack Barb villages and as soon as possible learn Math for Catapults. Once I pumped out several of those was easy pickins.

RaivinPoe
05-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Thanks for this! It worked like a charm! The guide is an epic fail and needs to be updated.

collapsedbeef
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I can't seem to get this achievement and it's the last one I need!! :mad:

I've followed like 40 different guides and no matter what, I can get 1 or 2 capitals taken over and then my armies get destroyed by the next set and by then it's near 0 ad and i don't have much more time left.

Do you think it's possible to get this from an online game and the other people just dont build armies?

DrowningInMagots
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
awesome strategy. i tried this twice, the first time i finished by 1700 BC and the second time i finished by 2800 BC. really works great!

Creeping monte
07-07-2010, 02:35 AM
I owned this cheevo with the Zulu. They start with 2 moves per turn. I had 2 cities before my first horseman army. I was done at 400ad. It only took me that long because i went overkill with the armies for the last civ. I didnt even need half of what i brought. Spend your gold on roads, save often and steal settlers.

Farmer_jimbob
07-11-2010, 11:15 PM
This strategy was by far the best one I tried out of all of them, and it worked like a charm for me! Didn't even have to bother with catapults and spies were for money I didn't even need! Thanks again man!