PDA

View Full Version : Very Easy Method For All Medals & Infinity!

Chr0n0
01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Using the following method it is possible to get all six medals, Infinity and an average of 300 stars without singing and without using the 'Mic next to the Tv speaker' method.

Scores using this method have ranged from 2.5 million to 4.4 million. I got Infinity at 4.4 million, my wife got it at 4.1 million.

Here is how it's done:

On a single player game select the song "Bust A Move"

When the song starts make sure you turn the mic volume all the way down using the left trigger, then when the drum beat starts, keep hitting X in time to the beat to get the party medal straight away (its a pain if you leave it until later).

Now for the genius part!

Instead of singing or using the Tv speakers, rub the mic up and down your clothes (On the thigh, arm, chest it really doesn't matter) in time to the vocals. If you are quite vigarous then you will be incidentally shaking the tambourine at the same time which will build up your star power very quickly.

Occaisonally the star power will activate by itself but if it does not, hit the mic or shake it harder to activate it immediately. Other than the instrumental sections don't bother waiting around for a special moment to activate it because you will rebuild the bar in no time and earn even more stars and a higher score.

so long as you rub the mic in time to the vocal track you will get all of the other five medals.

Boro360
01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Sounds good , i will give it a try and let you know how it goes ;)

Boro360
01-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Works great;) i got 4 million on it and 5 stars:P cheers mate!

Mr Aim
01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
i also found if u rub it up n down on ur carpet wrks rly rly well or if u take off the mic guard thing n do it that way as well it picks up any sound really well as well, hope thats helps as well

Boss Kamikaze
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM
must try this and try and get the achievement

Boro360
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
On a single player game select the song "Bust A Move"

When the song starts make sure you turn the mic volume all the way down using the left trigger, then when the drum beat starts, keep hitting X in time to the beat to get the party medal straight away (its a pain if you leave it until later).

When i tap X at the beginging till the song lyrics start i don't get the medal is there something i'm doing wrong?

Chr0n0
01-06-2009, 09:05 PM
you need to wait until the drum beat starts or the button tapping will not count.

Pucca Princess
01-06-2009, 09:59 PM
No infinity but a high score of just under 4 mil and loads of stars. Good for the times when I can't sing but want to gain stars (flat mates don't like me singing!). Thank's for the tip :D

Boro360
01-06-2009, 10:03 PM
can't you just keep tappin before cz i dont know when it comes on lol then when it does come on which i wont know when it does i will still be tappin away so will count yes no ?

Pucca Princess
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
can't you just keep tappin before cz i dont know when it comes on lol then when it does come on which i wont know when it does i will still be tappin away so will count yes no ?

You can keep tapping all the way through - sometimes the medal takes a little longer to unlock. As long as you're in beat with the music the medal will unlock :) Keep trying - practice makes perfect.

N47E
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
this worked a treat. thnx.

Bleeding Star
01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Im tapping X to the beat at the beginning and nothings happening

Boro360
01-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I had the same problem i canget them fine now. As soon as the music starts being played shake the mic and tap X repeatidly on Bust a move or yellow or superstar al easy songs do get it for.

Murkage
01-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Infinity worked great for me, And so did the party medals.
At the beggining of Bust A Move, I just listened to the beat and tapped RB To it, and get it in the first couple of lines.

ritchie117
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
The song from Bust the Move is handy. Thanx

NorthernLass
01-28-2009, 01:26 AM
i tried this and got a good score but need more practice to get infinity

Deadly Moves
01-28-2009, 01:30 AM
i tried this and got a good score but need more practice to get infinity
I got it by holding the mic up to the tv speakers. and got Infifnity on my 1st attempt.

I got just over 4 million. But you have to get all the medals or you wont get infinity

kix7711
01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
i had 2.9 mill doing this to be onest i got more singing the song

which was 4.09

kix7711
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
i keep infinitying them and i just got life of the party

Big Dibs theDog
01-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Forgive my stupidness

How do you sing SOLO ?

No matter what i do

what mics turned on/off etc

all i get is co-op and Vs

How do i select and sing solo ?

Hawkins
01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
This works great for getting all 12 medals, but my starstream will not work until the last word in the line before a break. So I keep missing the starstream :(

Stufin135
01-30-2009, 12:06 AM
I dont see how this is easier then the tv method though. When you put it in front of your tv you can go do something else for 5 mins, for this you have to sit there and rub the mic. Why make that amout of effort?

It works just as long as a noise is made though. You can clap, blow or do anything the mic would pic up and still get infinity.

Pucca Princess
01-30-2009, 11:04 PM
I dont see how this is easier then the tv method though. When you put it in front of your tv you can go do something else for 5 mins, for this you have to sit there and rub the mic. Why make that amout of effort?

It works just as long as a noise is made though. You can clap, blow or do anything the mic would pic up and still get infinity.

No offence but I'm sure you're wrong.

If you leave the mic at the tv and go away, you WON'T get infinity. You need stars for infinity. Stars you get by moving the mic. So you would HAVE to be there :p People have reported trying and getting no stars therefore no infinity, so you need stars.

I still find the ahhhhhhhhhh method of Bust a Move the best - it's very easy to just go ahhhhhhhhhh in a mic :woop:

L0cke89
02-02-2009, 11:24 AM
This is getting annoying. I got 4,35 million points, all six medals, 100%, activated starpower correctly and used the noise maker perfect troughout the song. And I still havn't got this rank >.<

Chr0n0
02-02-2009, 12:58 PM

As Pucca Princess said, without stars you cannot get Infinity and without moving the mic you cannot get stars.

Its not a case of being easier or not, you just will not get Infinity by using the Tv method.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :)

CARLISONFIRE
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
For some unknown reason... my mics arent activating the silhouette movements?!
Starting to get a little bit pissed off with it.

DM HavoX
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice Hint with Bust a Move!

I would also suggest using two mics under one profile. If one mic gets all 6 and the other dosen't you still can get the achievement.

Stufin135
03-11-2009, 12:30 AM
As Pucca Princess said, without stars you cannot get Infinity and without moving the mic you cannot get stars.

Its not a case of being easier or not, you just will not get Infinity by using the Tv method.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :)
There was no conffusion I already had it. I put the tv trick in the achievement guide i made long before you wrote this. It's just the exact same method but you decided to change what sources the sound. I did say because it doesn't require pitch just sound so anything would have worked.

loozered
03-22-2009, 03:18 PM
This doesn't work.
I've tried absolutely every idea that's been suggested on this forum multiple times and done EVERYTHING to try and get this stupid freaking achievement but it just won't go. It's insane, completely ridiculous and i want to stab someone. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever, why can't i get this stupid thing?

ukko
04-13-2009, 06:56 AM
I also tried now, but the max was 2,5 million. Is there something wrong in my settings? Should I make some special settings before I start the song?
Could you add the points from mic 1 with mic 2?

Road2Recovery
04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I got this first time in solo mode by whacking the mic at the start to get the party medal out the way then just humming or lalala(ing) through the mic when every i had to sing and of course activating star power when ever and making sure the mic is turned right down. After doing that i got all 6 medals and about 4.2mil score = Infinity :)

Baihu1983
04-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Im finding Yellow the better song to do this one. Thanks :woop:

filmboffs
04-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I found it easy to do on Roxette you need at least 1,800,000 including stars of approx 350 it was Hard but its out of the way now so I can chill :uzi:INFINITY.

BurtonBoarder7
04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh man! I never thought of that. I just get a standing fan, turn it up to the highest setting and then hold the mic up to the fan for that song. I got the 220th score in the world and all 5 medals. I think my score was 4,200,000 something.
OH! I also got the Infinity Rank.

JrdRIOT
04-22-2009, 11:10 AM
'very easy method'
ya right..

NJC Omega
04-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm having trouble getting the Technican medals when trying this method. Any tips for getting this?

HJO1403
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Me and my girlfriend have tried this a number of times, we got just under 4million (3,896,274 to be exact) and we did everything that was suggested for us to do!!! We don't know what else we could possibly try, we got all 12 medals and quite a few stars.... Help?! I want the achievement lol

spilner100
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
im going to sound really dumb but i listen to my tv through headphones and to play vocals on guitar hero i just place the headphone next to my mic, is that the same thing here, or is it slightly different

Edit: i bought it now so i know how it plays, its actually quite easy

JrdRIOT
06-27-2009, 01:03 PM
holy shit i've been trying this for ages and it never worked
and i just played
Boys like girls - the great escape and got
3,179,998 score
559 stars
and all medals
and the rank infinity
im well happy :)

iSHAMMY
07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
i'm wondering if this thing is glitched , at first i was missing out on one medal and getting about 250 to 300 stars scoring just under 4 million , then got all 6 medals scored just over 4 million but only got 60 stars , no matter how much i shook the mic and pressed the x button.

any ideas ?

Liberated360
07-13-2009, 03:48 AM
Works Great. Thanks.

eliott256
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
After spending hours trying to get infinity with 'Bust A Move' (I never wish to hear that song again in my life) I decided to give one of the songs I know best and am best at singing a go, so I chose 'No-one' by Alicia Keys, first attempt I got 2,100,000 about 400 stars and 5/6 medals, no Infinity. Played it through afterwards got just over 2,100,000, 400 stars and 6/6 medals and bingo, finally got the buggering thing :locked :woop::

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3835/dsc00202m.jpg

C.Viper
08-19-2009, 03:47 PM
that's actually a really good method, but how do you get the technique medal from doing this.:)

turismo4873
08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Didnt manage to get it on Bust a movw, but found it easy enough on Yellow

devnull
08-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Check this with ICE ICE BABY from Vanilla Ice

slinger131
09-07-2009, 03:08 AM
we can't get it

dalton32389
10-18-2009, 04:01 AM
a tip i have for those wanting infinity, just pick a song you can get 100% on (in bloom for me). get all the medals and activate star power as much as possible. i got it on my first try! if you don't know any of these songs well enough for 100% then keep trying bust a move i guess. i tried bust a move for a while than saw people were getting it on other songs. so my first thought was to try "in bloom", the song i know the best, and it paid off. i still use bust a move to get all the medal achievements so i don't strain my voice singing in bloom over and over.

m0nk3y spanker
10-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Just got this on Number one hits without even trying, after months of trying to get it on the original.
Sang Karma Chameleon got just over 2.5 million and up it popped!
Think there may be a limit for different tracks as we've scored just under 4 million on another track and didn't get it.

earthquakex
11-13-2009, 05:46 AM
i only just got this achievement a few hours ago, I was singing In Bloom - Nirvana, and I got just over 1mil, and all 6 medals. Its honestly the easiest song for me to play and get all 6 medals.

For me, the technique one is the hardest, i very rarely get it, and I only can get the party one on a few selected songs.

Airo Shinobi
01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey can someone help me? I can only just about 3 mil on Bust A Move, and only 5 Medals ...

How do you get the Technique Medal?

Yes that's all I need to know >.>

Please PM me or something, I'm using the trick in the first post, rubbing it on my trouser leg

David x360a
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Either I'm doing something ridiculously wrong, or they fixed this in an update. I've only tried it twice, but only got like 500K points, and one or two medals total.. If it requires total accuracy with rubbing the mic in sync with the lyrics, I might as well just sing it because the rhythm of the lyrics alone would take a lot of practice as I have never heard this song before.. Gonna try the other song suggested here..

ricogoeritz
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I´ve got 12 medals, 711 stars and 2,323.192 poonts in Yellow by singing and no infinity. More I can not do. The method with rub the micro doesn´t work for me. And with tv i become in Bust a move no infinity too.

:(

Soluna
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
im going to have to try this. i hope it workss

Rocket88
09-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Help me get the yellow technic medal I got it once on here but can't get it again

ewlong
11-14-2010, 04:11 PM
If you know the REM one, that's the highest score I've gotten so far, lots of wavy vocal opps or whatever. No infinity yet though...

NeverwinterMoon
11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
I can't get the 6th medal, the one for technique, to save my life. White Flag is the only song (among those several I tried) I can always get 5 medals on (Take on Me is close second).

I was able to do enough vibrato only once, ever, and it was during Take on Me. I wasn't able to repeat that, and I tried all the methods I've read about: TV, fan, cloth rubbing, singing it myself, obviously (actually, the only time I've done enough vibrato to get the technique medal was when I've sung myself).

If anyone has any other advice on how to do this and can describe it in detail, I would be more than happy to hear it. I am going completely mad here.

Also, I don't see how anyone is able to get all 6 medals on Bust a Move. Is it possible to pull a vibrato there at any time? Or is there some other technique to use to get the medal?

Edit: Oh, now I see that it's possible to get the technique medal by just performing a song without mistakes. I actually was able to get all but Rhythm medal during Bust a Move. Strange thing though, I was using both mics at the same time, holding them exactly the same distance away from my mouth, still, I was able to get around 300,000 more points with one mic than the other.

Second edit: Wasn't able to get the technique medal again during Bust a Move no matter how hard I tried. Meh.

NeverwinterMoon
12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Okay, I'm going to share my experience, as I had problems with the achievement (as seen in the post above).

I really had hard time getting the achievement in the original Lips, but got it the day I bought I Love the 80s. I'm not tone-deaf, but I'm not a very good singer either. Regardless, I can get the Infinity rank 9 of 10 times while performing Culture Club's Do You Really Want to Hurt Me. Not only I love this song greatly, it's very easy to sing and get all the medals for.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Excellent Idea