PDA

View Full Version : An Idea i just thought of

SetsunaFSeiei
01-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Sorry if anyone thought of this already but

While making my first achievement guide , it seems like such a hassle already trying to copy the tiles in order and the description of as well , Then putting the information for the guide in , Whenever i try to update mine , i go over the characters , and i still have to input buttons later for my plans
To sum it up

Have like a special Thread within the game threads just for achievement guide making

Example :

Im going to make a guide for Fallout III [oh god like 4 guides for that game x.x]

You go into the forum board for that game and itll have a special option next to new thread itll say "Make Achievement Guide"

Itll take you to a formated screen like when you make a new thread , except itll have the tiles in place already , just fill in the blanks for the guide , then you can decorate it a bit like you can normally in a thread

and with the Post icons , itll have the button icons needed for a guide

then if you ever need to edit it and the post goes over the character count itll just go into a seperate post under the guide so its not unorganized

but thats just an idea of mine n.n;

Eternal
01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Nice idea, but that would be quite hard to code o.O

Blackjaw x
01-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice idea, but that would be quite hard to code o.O

Try: impossible.

Without breaking the terms of vBulletin and losing the forums.

And anyway, if the guide team is going to spend 10 or more minutes per game setting this up for someone else's lazy ass, they might as well just do the whole guide.

SengIV
01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
I think this is an amazing idea. Too bad it wont be made though. It could be the greatest feature here though. Good idea.

Var 18
01-06-2009, 01:11 AM
it would be a good idea, yet impossible. But can't you just live with the 10 extra minutes formatting your guide and spacing it out? ;)

The Pants Party
01-06-2009, 02:17 AM
The whole point of writing a guide is to create it yourself. Since that is not something we could write code to automatically do it, I'm afraid we aren't going to sit down for every new game and put a layout down. The process is very simple and explained here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61662