PDA

View Full Version : Test Rider?? Finnish Ice Racing Champion???

HBHarrison
01-06-2009, 05:34 AM
is it 20 valid laps with the same setup? cause its not unlocking

and

Finnish Ice Racing Champion??

im doing it wrong or what? talking about powersliding right? Cause it says power skid in the the achievement

P3nguinOrgy
01-06-2009, 02:31 PM
with the test rider one i found out dont do then all in one seating or else your game will freeze. i did 10 on one track and 10 on another.

i tried getting the finnish ice racing one also but i couldnt. im trying to think of a good track for it then ill have another go at it

MusashiX
01-07-2009, 02:49 AM
I attempted it last night, and I got the Drift King achievement racing on Philip Island, Advanced riding model, and 5 laps.

I thinking if I just make it 10 laps, it can be done.

HBHarrison
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I will try Phillip island for the 20 seconds of powerskid. thanks

as for the test rider...pfff... i counted an completed 47 laps on Indianapolis with Edwards.. getting 3 different best lap times....still no damn achievement:mad:

And how the hell do you upload your best times to rank online? wtf? i have none it says. Do you have to get your personal best online for it to be ranked? is so, how stupid

P3nguinOrgy
01-07-2009, 06:16 PM
try a different track or a few different tracks

MusashiX
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I had no problems with the Test Rider achievement, the only thing you need to keep aware of is that it does not unlock while you are still racing laps. You must exit out of the mode and then as long as you have done 20 laps with 1 rider, it'll unlock.

HBHarrison
01-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Update:

Got the ice racing champion. On Phillip Island. doing real 27 laps.

Still cant get test rider...try'd multiple tracks..still a no go

HBHarrison
01-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I had no problems with the Test Rider achievement, the only thing you need to keep aware of is that it does not unlock while you are still racing laps. You must exit out of the mode and then as long as you have done 20 laps with 1 rider, it'll unlock.

So as soon as i complete 20 VALID laps in Time Attack, press start an exit session? or go to pits?

I have done a ton of laps on different tracks by the way

MusashiX
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I had 20 some laps because I knew at one point that I definitely had at least 20, so I exited to the menu just to see if it would appear then, and it did.

HBHarrison
01-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I had 20 some laps because I knew at one point that I definitely had at least 20, so I exited to the menu just to see if it would appear then, and it did.

I will try that then

HBHarrison
01-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Update:

Got the Test Rider achievement finally. did 25 valid laps at saschenring and then EXITED to main menu, Not to the pits. For some reason, going to the pits doesn't work

Thanks for all the help

jburm
01-20-2009, 07:14 AM
How do you get the rider for the finnish ice racing achieve? i was just playing it and cant seem to find the rider needed when i go to quick race, do i have to unlock him some how? thanks

jburm
01-20-2009, 07:16 AM
How do you get the rider needed for the finnish ice racing achieve? i was just playing and couldnt find him in the list of riders. do you have to unlock him and if so how? thanks:confused:

HBHarrison
01-20-2009, 10:01 AM
How do you get the rider needed for the finnish ice racing achieve? i was just playing and couldnt find him in the list of riders. do you have to unlock him and if so how? thanks:confused:

You have to unlock the 250cc career mode. with that rider (forget who)

But i do believe he is a 250cc rider

MattW1986
01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Mika Kallio, you dont have to unlock him, he's a factory ktm rider in 250

Midnight Malice
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Riding model advanced. I did it on Brno 10 laps set to easy. Those corners are pretty easy, and wide enough to slide I went down 10 times and still finished first. Best way to slide is to wait til your about to come out of the corner, gear up and gas it you'll slide for about a half second, but by the end of the race u'll have it. If you want to hold a slide, ease up on the throttle and the turn just a little when you enter the slide, and you can hold it, if you start to lean hard, slam the stick the other way and let up on the gas, and your bike will usually right itself.

Uncl Ad
04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Update:

Got the ice racing champion. On Phillip Island. doing real 27 laps.

Still cant get test rider...try'd multiple tracks..still a no go

I did the same as you with the "ice racing champion" but i set mine to medium difficulty so i could get the "am i racing alone" achievement whcih is win on medium by 30 secs or more :)

StuartH
05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I got the Drift King achievement, which is 10 seconds of drift, on a 10 lap race at Brno. So I thought that on a real laps race (20 laps) I would get the Finnish Ice Racing Champion achievement - but no! I am obviously using Mika Kallio, with advanced riding model, and soft front tyre with medium rear tyre.

I have tried Brno and Mugello on real laps about 8 times - and done lots and lots of drifting, as much drifting as I did for the Drift King achievment. But still no Finnish Ice Racing Champion achievement - I can only conclude that it is glitched. There is already one other glitched achievement on this game so another would not surprise me. These glitched achievements really do detract from an otherwise good game - with much fun to be had from completing the career on Champion difficulty.

americansychos
06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I got the Drift King achievement, which is 10 seconds of drift, on a 10 lap race at Brno. So I thought that on a real laps race (20 laps) I would get the Finnish Ice Racing Champion achievement - but no! I am obviously using Mika Kallio, with advanced riding model, and soft front tyre with medium rear tyre.

I have tried Brno and Mugello on real laps about 8 times - and done lots and lots of drifting, as much drifting as I did for the Drift King achievment. But still no Finnish Ice Racing Champion achievement - I can only conclude that it is glitched. There is already one other glitched achievement on this game so another would not surprise me. These glitched achievements really do detract from an otherwise good game - with much fun to be had from completing the career on Champion difficulty.

the achvmnt isnt glitched. just keep at it. and i strongly believe that most achvmnts arnt glitched as much as they r entered wrong. am i racing alone is another example. you need 30 sec. not 30 inchs.