PDA

View Full Version : Scouts against Humanoid Heroes

Kirbster117
01-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Is it just me or do all the heroes that are humanoid (Witch-King/ Gandalf atm) all completely pathetic against scouts... I play as an archer and sometimes I do well enough to get a hero (top of team when your team hits 500 points) and get one or two kills them BLAM! dead again by a scout...:mad: This is lame as the heroes are over very quickly and the scout still only gets his normal 10 points. Anyone else think that more the heroes get more health vs the scout? Otherwise I think its a great game

terrandragon
01-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Pretty unbalanced if you ask me. I mean, aren't the Heroes pretty heavy?

Siznut
01-08-2009, 12:37 AM
you but think about it. Scouts are bad thats their only attack that is good and it still is hard to even use so let them have it when i play (im a warrior) i own scouts bad so let them have 1 thing good

terrandragon
01-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I want instead of their cloak to be like, a speed boost or something. Because all scouts do right now is cloak and run.

Ace IIXII
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I agree, if a scout sneaks up n backstabs a hero, he should only do half the damage, taking away half their health. The witch-king on the other hand, should have more health and deal more damage. As should all warriors, I mean 3 lighting bolts, or 3 good arrow shots and the warriors dead. You have to run up to someone and whack them 10 times with your sword? No. Make it 3 solid sword hits to kill someone. That or give the warrior more health than other classes. Just do something for balance.

Kirbster117
01-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I agree with the cloak and run. They disappear and then can defeat anyone with ease ( except the bigger players like Trolls Ents and Balrog). This should not be the case when it takes so many sword hits.

HeavenSoldier
01-12-2009, 01:07 AM
oh, i remember when i just spawned as Gandalf on The Shire only to have a scout backstab me and kill in a few seconds. but it is the demo and all will probably be more balanced when it comes out tuesday
I agree with the cloak and run. They disappear and then can defeat anyone with ease ( except the bigger players like Trolls Ents and Balrog). This should not be the case when it takes so many sword hits.
well, i don't know about anyone...after alot of practice, you can spot a scout stealthing if you know it's in the area, it's like finding someone whose got active camo in halo only the camo is alot better lol.

Kirbster117
01-12-2009, 09:59 PM
You can just see them except the camo is so good it is hard to spot them at all at times.

HeavenSoldier
01-13-2009, 04:31 AM
You can just see them except the camo is so good it is hard to spot them at all at times.
in some of my recent matches lately (like 30 minutes ago) there was a ton of people catching me, even if i was fully camo'd and out of sight before i got there. It's almost impossible to approach a halfway-decent archer now especially since the multi arrow auto targets cloaked rogues.

Impey
01-13-2009, 09:32 AM
i agre but the mages fire spell give you a lot of help out of tight scout situation you just use it on the floor and stand in the middle of it

minimister
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
they should do that clock and run thing it is a good idea all the classe seem alright or with the scout u should hav some way of defending yours shelf cos after a while every1 will so fed up it will be all scouts vs scouts and it will be completely usless

eddie cheeseman
01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
At the moment, scouts are over powerful because of their one gimmicky attack.
I think as the game goes along, people will be able to spot them easier and the scout will be used less and less.

d00gler
01-18-2009, 01:42 PM
You can also use the mage's Y Button move which slams the staff down and knocks scouts off their little feet. I feel like the whole game is a disappointing, unpolished mess that just tried to take advantage of the success and fanbase of the movies. I believe the game was first slated to come out in November...the 2 extra months should have been enough to fix some of the imbalances.