games on most anything else = :woop:
movies on plasma = :eek::woop::drunk

Randomnutta
01-25-2009, 06:18 AM
I play games on my plasma just fine.

ezekiel 08
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I play games on my plasma just fine.

Well burn-in isn't and "if", it's a "when". It's only a matter of time.

The rule of thumb in the home theatre community is Plasmas for movies and LCD for everything else.

Burn-in is very bad when you play games with static images, such as racing game where the HUD doesn't move and other similar things.

This is the one reason I got an LCD instead. It's still looks fantastic for movies and it (like all LCDs) uses half the power of a plasma :).

DJ2e
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
both my Pioneer Elite and Pioneer have no problems with burn in. That issue was resolved three years ago with most manufacturers. If your buddy has a Vizio or other low grade brand then thats the issue. Most burn in will go away over time though. And I dont understand how he would get burn in unless it was the static image on the side of the screen

cooldude03
01-30-2009, 02:33 AM
That's right Plasma technology is more advanced now. Burn ins are alot less likely now. If he had a burn in with this game he would have had to leave it for an extremely long time on pause or he has an older model plasma.

qSasukep
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
you ever wonder why a 62 in" plasma tv goes for the same price as a 47" LCD? both 1080p and same everything but size..... plasma tv's burn out after a marked time. sorry to hear that tho, tell your friend too that im sorry, that blows:uzi:

Kyver
05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
I've got a plasma, no problems so far.

newbsicle
09-09-2010, 05:29 PM
It's common for LCD to get a form of burn-in called 'image persistance'. It ruined my first screen, though to be fair I used it almost 8 hours everyday for about 4 years. Also it's believed that image persistence in most cases isn't permanent. Though on my screen it was.

Aparecium
02-26-2013, 03:36 PM
budy just had his plasma burn in on this game guess it dosent refresh
... :mad:

The TV I had in my bedroom was a Samsung Plasma and ALL i used it for was Netflix and video games and would have it paused sometimes until my Xbox shut off...never once had an issue with burn in