PDA

View Full Version : Charm #31 on City Market help

ponypo2001
01-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Now either I'm retarded,my game is glitched or someone doesnt like me,but for the life of me I cannot jump up those 3 meathooks to reach it.I jump from the scales onto the first hook no problem but Remy cannot jump high enough with double jump to reach the 2nd hook.Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here as this is really annoying me and I only have the game for a few more days :/

EDIT : Did it straight after posting this.Bloody typical.Make sure with Remy to press B as soon as you jump else he won't make the leaps.

Ellie10
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Now either I'm retarded,my game is glitched or someone doesnt like me,but for the life of me I cannot jump up those 3 meathooks to reach it.I jump from the scales onto the first hook no problem but Remy cannot jump high enough with double jump to reach the 2nd hook.Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here as this is really annoying me and I only have the game for a few more days :/

EDIT : Did it straight after posting this.Bloody typical.Make sure with Remy to press B as soon as you jump else he won't make the leaps.
I am stuck with the same problem here. Can anyone give any advice on how to reach this? I've spent an hour here alone, and that stupid rat never even gets close to landing on it. What in the hell is wrong with this game? If anyone has any help, please let me know. This shit is driving me crazy.

Dunbine
12-06-2010, 06:43 AM
#31. From this one jump onto the scalesthen up 3 hooks onto a ledge.

As the 1st post said, when you stay on the scale, double jump to the hook, and then immediately press B, Remy would then stay on the hook safely. After you are on the 1st hook, do the same as the 2nd and 3rd. Don't forget to keep balance.

Ellie10
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM
From this one jump onto the scalesthen up 3 hooks onto a ledge.
As the 1st post said, when you stay on the scale, double jump to the hook, and then immediately press B, Remy will then stay on the hook safely. After you are on the 1st hook, do the same as the 2nd and 3rd. Don't forget to keep balance.
I can get on the first hook just fine, I just cant get high enough to get on the next hook. The slope of the jump is too far/high for me to reach. I'm pressing B, but I always end up clipping right through it, as I'm not high enough. Is there a trick to make me jump higher? Any additional help would be appreciated.
Thank you for responding.

edit. I finally got it. Apparently, I've been jumping wrong the whole game. In order to reach it, you have to jump, and IMMEDIATELY press A again, for a boost. I was jumping, then pressing A at the height of my jump, which is wrong in this game. For more on jumping, check here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1227143&postcount=2

Dunbine
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
YouTube - Let's Play! Ratatouille (360) - Part 23

Actually, I think there are 2 parts in City Market with 3 hooks, and #31 is talking about the part at this youtube video at 4:45, hope it helps! :)

I personally tried the double jump again and it worked. Just don't forget to hold/press B after the double jump immediately, Remy must land safely on the hook if your path is correct.

Ellie10
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Actually, I think there are 2 parts in City Market with 3 hooks, and #31 is talking about the part at this youtube video at 4:45, hope it helps! :)

I personally tried the double jump again and it worked. Just don't forget to hold/press B after the double jump immediately, Remy must land safely on the hook if your path is correct.
Yep, that was the part. That whole level is kinda glitchy. I'm almost done with the game, and thats the only time I've had to jump like this. I tried doing it on those conveyor mini-games, but that got me killed every time. I went back to my previous jump method of not pressing A right after jumping, and it got me over every obstacle. I'm just glad this game is almost over. Hopefully THQ will actually test the Cars 2 game, assuming they make it.

ADenton109
12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
That was stressful! It was taking for ever to do that then finally saw this thread and thank you! Just press A,A,B as fast as possible and it just jumps straight to the next!