PDA

View Full Version : A year in the making

PureTechniquex
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I swear ive played 2 years just using the DQ trick for every match & i still have no ach, only thing i can think of is.. does playing the PPV's (Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania) effect the ach or can i skip these PPV's & the ach will still count ? also can anyone confirm how many matches have to be played till the full year is over ??? as in the game it never actually says when the full year is over.

ferrara316
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
From achievement guide

A year in the life - 100G
Complete 1 year of Career Mode playing each match.
The game wants you to play every match for a year straight. This gets screwed up as when you choose to fight for the championship it skips to the next available PPV. To quickly get this achievement, start a new career with any wrestler, start at any path, and start a match with DQs on. Start of match, go outside the ring, go up to the ring apron and grab a weapon (A). Hit your opponent. You will get DQd. Do this for 52 straight weeks (about 64 matches) and the achievement is yours.

Thanks to evokazz for discovering this strategy

You have to fight at the royal rumble, just say no to being IN the rumble (30 man elimination match). Same with WM, just say no to being in the Money in the Bank Match, but still fight at WM.

You should get the achievement right after wrestlemania..

52 weeks (52 matches on your show (RAW, SD, ECW) + 12 PPVs (12 matches) = 64 Matches

Prob will take you an hour to do it in one shot.

Gory Starscream
01-08-2009, 05:01 PM
You can wrestle in the money in the bank match, I did and still got the achievement, I would reccomend not doing it though 'cos it takes to long

Xzero
01-08-2009, 05:49 PM
If you plan to go for the five hall of famers one eventually then you may want to do it the normal way. Playing all your matches and going for titles only on ppvs. It will save you a little time in the long run.

ferrara316
01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
If you plan to go for the five hall of famers one eventually then you may want to do it the normal way. Playing all your matches and going for titles only on ppvs. It will save you a little time in the long run.

you can do this, but this would take much longer as you i get the chance to be a hall of famer well before wm. and plus when you say you wanna fight the champ, it skips to the next PPV so it wont count as you skipped weeks of matches...

PureTechniquex
01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah no worries i got the ach on the 3rd year 4 some reason lol

so thats 2 hall of fames

& 3 to go! ;)

EDIT :: Yeah i got 1000/1000 a few days ago ;)

Xzero
01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
you can do this, but this would take much longer as you i get the chance to be a hall of famer well before wm. and plus when you say you wanna fight the champ, it skips to the next PPV so it wont count as you skipped weeks of matches...

Well you don't have to take the title shot until you want it so if it is a normal show just do a regular match instead then pick title on ppv nights. But I believe it takes to at least January plus a year of DQ to get one hall or famer and the year in the life achievement. I thought it might be faster just playing the normal way to Wrestlemaina and should be able to get both in one go.

But the OP says they got it so what everyway they used it is just good they got it.

lepres
01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
i got the achievement the first time doing it the normal way. all you have to do is fight all of the guys in the road first. then fight the #1 contender yes i know that mean you would fight a guy twice. it also means you would have fought a normal match at a ppv which is fine. you will have a couple weeks as #1 contender till the next ppv...you could fight a random guy normal or get dq'ed in these couple matches it doesn't matter. then fight the champ at following ppv. do this for every road and you will actually have the year in the life achievement before you have every title. btw i didn't participate in the rumble but i don't think it matters. also the full year is from the start date on the game till that same date. so the day after wrestle mania is the year. after that match you get the achievement