PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the social groups?

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Wat.

Also, you guys fucked up big time with this. I can't even approve group messages. Every time i tick the boss, and click approve, it sais i didn't click any valid messages. Why did you guys change it? It was fine the way it was. Just fix it please, i beg you.

Apple
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Those are groups that haven't added pictures to represent their Social Groups, yet. Once they add pictures, it will look normal. I think the Pros out-weigh the Cons, to be honest.

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I havn't seen a pro yet. If someone could explain a pro, i would probably see it. But for me, i can't see a thing.

Apple
01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
1. You can make different threads, allowing more than one discussion.
2. Groups now have pictures representing them.
3. Groups are now categorized (once they actually add categories).

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, i see. But they don't have pictures until someone puts a picture, and until they do, it's fucked up.

This still dosen't explain why i can't approve/disprove messages :(

Apple
01-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Can't you just use the box at the bottom, instead of the one near the top for now? It still works.

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I am using the one at the bottom, it's not working.

Apple
01-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, I checked the box, used the drop-down box at the bottom to unapprove a comment and it worked. The group then says "Moderated:(discussion name)." I tried to view it while logged out, and it disappeared. Is that supposed to happen?

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
It allows me to delete the messages, but not approve or disprove them. When i do, it sais nothing was selected. I'm not talking about comments, i'm talking about the seperate threads in a social group.

EDIT: Ok, here is what i do.

Click on my messages
Click unapproved group messages
It goes to a screen that shows the group i created
I click it
Goes to the different threads. I mark the box, i go to the bar underneath, click approve, then click ok
Then it sais i did not have anything selected. Is there a way i can turn off this notification?

The Pants Party
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
First of all, could you be polite about any feedback you have in the future? You might actually have us wanting to fix something for you instead of us wanting to infract you so hard you end up on a360p.

Second, as with all new features they will take some time to perfect and usually until people are aware of them, they won't be used correctly. I'd suggest asking the leader of whatever groups you are in to assign a picture instead of just asking that the feature be removed. I just updated any group I am in with pictures (since I can do shit like that even if I am not the leader of it) and I think it looks great.

Edit: Because I'm such a nice guy, I update all of yours, too.

Third, does anyone see an option to assign a category to a group? Even I haven't figured that one out yet. :p

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 02:32 PM
First of all, could you be polite about any feedback you have in the future? You might actually have us wanting to fix something for you instead of us wanting to infract you so hard you end up on a360p. Sorry Pants, i was just put off-guard with the sudden update, and it all changed. Won't happen again. Probably.

Second, as with all new features they will take some time to perfect and usually until people are aware of them, they won't be used correctly. I'd suggest asking the leader of whatever groups you are in to assign a picture instead of just asking that the feature be removed. I just updated any group I am in with pictures (since I can do shit like that even if I am not the leader of it) and I think it looks great. Thats a good idea, thanks for that.

Edit: Because I'm such a nice guy, I update all of yours, too.

Third, does anyone see an option to assign a category to a group? Even I haven't figured that one out yet. :pNeither have I... Is it supposed to be there? l'll try find it.

See.

And again, i apoligize for being impolite, it's usually unlike me.

I take it i'm just going to have to wait until i can approve these threads? This constant 1 in the top right corner is annoying me :P.

The Pants Party
01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Well I have never created a group so I guess I'm unsure what the issue is. Apple said he got his working though. Maybe take another screen so I can see better what you're having trouble with.

Lordvader178
01-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Ok give me a second.

See Untitled 2 first.

Apple
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
It looks like you're trying to approve a discussion that isn't currently Unapproved. You can't approve something that is already Approved. It first needs to be Moderated or selected as Unapproved before you can attempt to Approve it.

First of all, could you be polite about any feedback you have in the future? You might actually have us wanting to fix something for you instead of us wanting to infract you so hard you end up on a360p.

That made me laugh, a lot. :D

The Pants Party
01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah, the "approve" function is just to make visible a thread that has been hidden away with the "unapprove" function. If a thread has just been made for instance, it will already be "approved" and can be seen by everyone in the group. If you see a topic you don't want discussed in your group, you can "unapprove" it and make it so only you can see it. Once you speak with the person who made it, if they edit their topic or whatever solution there may be, you can then "approve" it so it can be seen again.

RoutineX
01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I've uploaded a default pic for groups without a picture.

Asian47
01-10-2009, 12:55 AM
I love that the Social Groups are much more organized, but it's become a bit of pain for me now. Whenever I try to get to the newest post in a social group, I have to go to another window, and then after that window I go to the first posts in a social group. I normally wouldn't mind the extra windows, but my laptop is very slow, and it takes much longer for me to get to the newest message.

Is there any way I can just jump to the last post, I do I have to do it like I have been?

Marx0r
01-10-2009, 02:04 AM
I love that the Social Groups are much more organized, but it's become a bit of pain for me now. Whenever I try to get to the newest post in a social group, I have to go to another window, and then after that window I go to the first posts in a social group. I normally wouldn't mind the extra windows, but my laptop is very slow, and it takes much longer for me to get to the newest message.

Is there any way I can just jump to the last post, I do I have to do it like I have been?

It's not opening new windows for me. What browser are you using?

Lordvader178
01-10-2009, 02:07 AM
It opens them for me in firefox, in a new window.

And thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it. Although, i'll try not to be as impolite in future. But i'll see what i can do, thanks.

Asian47
01-10-2009, 02:42 AM
It's not opening new windows for me. What browser are you using?
I meant pages, don't know why I said windows, sorry about that.

Lordvader178
01-10-2009, 02:57 AM
And yet it still opens new windows for me :P.

[Waggly Bean]
01-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Hmm, the last post button works fine for me using IE7. Haven't got any other browsers on this particular laptop at the moment, and can't be bothered to install any, but I'll check Firefox when I go on another computer.

What I want to know is if there are any plans to include a hard delete for discussions for the creator/owner of a group? At the moment it gives you a radio button with 'soft delete', but that's the only choice!
I don't mind soft-deleting for now, but I know that at some point, because I still see the deleted discussions, my screen could potentially become very cluttered. Of course all the other members of the group will be fine! ;)

So just wondering really! :)

Lordvader178
01-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Yer i was wondering this as well. But now i know how to use these features, its a fucking awesome update, i can't believe i was so rash.

The Pants Party
01-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Only super mods and above can hard delete anything on the site, even normal mods can only soft delete. If it gets out of hand (not one or two things mind you) let me know and I'll knock them off for good.

Lordvader178
01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey Pants, i have a question. Is it possible to change the name of your social group?

The Pants Party
01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, there should be an "edit group" link at the bottom where you can change the name, description and image.

Unless that option is greyed out for you, isn't for me. In which case I guess you'd need to request it from a mod.

Lordvader178
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Yer i clicked that. The only option is to edit the description. Oh well, thanks anyway.

[Waggly Bean]
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Only super mods and above can hard delete anything on the site, even normal mods can only soft delete. If it gets out of hand (not one or two things mind you) let me know and I'll knock them off for good.

Oh OK, that's cool. Well it probably won't be needed for a long time anyway, but good to know for future reference! Thanks again! :)