PDA

View Full Version : A new award

o Hill o
01-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I love the idea of the awards and they seem pretty challenging.. anyway i was thinking (just a thought) that it would be pretty cool to have a thread made by the Admins to invent an award and everybody comes up with one then its made for real. Anyway just a thought as i said...

I also thought it would be pretty cool if someone helped you out then you could give someone a thanks if they help you out - that was you could see whos nice and helpful and such like.

Thanks

Locust101
01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
hmm i like the second idea, where u can publicaly thank those kind people who help you get achievements out the kindness of their heart. Some guy the other guy did legendary on halo 3 with me even though he had done it. we managed it in one night, took around 5 hours and was up very urly.

InkedUp
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah I like your second idea.

Nightdragon
01-09-2009, 09:46 PM
1. Site awards are mainly for helping out the community, writing guides, submitting unknown achievement pictures etc. So an award that is made up by members wouldn't really be needed. I think all the awards we have for now are the only ones we really need right now.

2. Karma/rep systems have been discussed in the past and have been shot down pretty quickly. The main reason behind this is that they are too easily manipulated by other members.

Someone could go get all of their friends to give them good rep, and they would have a really high score, whereas a good booster may have lower rep because others do not use the feedback system.

This happens on LVIE as well, as I am very sure that you haven't repped every good player you've ever been with, right?