PDA

View Full Version : wanted ads

F8L BringTheHurt
01-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I think we need an easier way to find people that are willing to boost/play co-op than using the achievement trading thread. The threads allways get to long and you can never figure out who already found someone to play with or who hasn't. I propose that we use a system like wanted ads where you can go in and see who needs what and make it so tthat the person can remove or close the ad when they are finished that way we have any easy way to know who activly needs a partner.

Var 18
01-11-2009, 05:29 PM
This has been suggested before, but is a good idea. You bring up a good point with the Achievement trading threads.

Though it will take a long time, perhaps there should be a list of players names who are willing to boost under each category. That would be a new feature to the site. Like a "Players Willing to Boost" section for each game (would pair along with reviews, guide, achievements, news, etc.

Wanted ads might not work due to the masses of players here: over 30,000

F8L BringTheHurt
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Though it will take a long time, perhaps there should be a list of players names who are willing to boost under each category. That would be a new feature to the site. Like a "Players Willing to Boost" section for each game (would pair along with reviews, guide, achievements, news, etc.

I yes something like that woud be great.

Var 18
01-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Sorry for another post but I wish to expand on my idea...

There would be a new page added, up with Quick Links, etc that had every 360 game with a check box next to it. You check and uncheck the check boxes to show which games you are willing to boost with. Then everyone who has checked GH:WT would show up under the GH:WT boosting section of the game.

If this idea even passes (hopefully), then there could be a color coding system. Green= whenever, yellow= soon, red= right away. This would tell others how urgent/ serious you are about boosting certain games.

the_b1ues
01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
There was an achievements website cant remember the name off hand but you type in what achievements you want to boost. Then people can search for eg. Left 4 Dead, then tick off the achievements they want and all the people that are looking for that achievements will come up on the screen.

This could be done though our checklist system.

F8L BringTheHurt
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I would love to see how a mod feels about this

Hayden
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
If people deleted there posts from the achievement trading threads when they have got there achievements, the threads would not get so clogged up.

The Pants Party
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
If people deleted there posts from the achievement trading threads when they have got there achievements, the threads would not get so clogged up.

To elaborate on this: you complain no one posts to say they got their achievements.. same would apply for any other system you suggest. No one would remove their wanted ad or whatever else we try to come up with.

Our site has been using the achievement trading threads for 3 years now... they're messy, but they work.