PDA

View Full Version : 100% Guitar and Bass... Help!!

LLC2003
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
First and foremost I am a drummer and I am completely useless on guitar. :( Somehow I have managed to get through expert guitar solo by two people playing at once. (me strumming, her pressing the notes) lol (cheating I know).

Anyway, the achievements I am going for now are the 100% guitar and 100% bass. I have been told that ROXANNE was by far the easiest so I downloaded the song only for this purpose. After playing the one song on Bass for around 2 hours I have managed to get the song to 99% notes hit... only missing two notes along the way. I am on 98% for Roxanne on Guitar.

What I wanted to know is... is this really the easiest song (DLC included)? and also do you literally have to hit ALL the notes? Thanks

LLC2003
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. For some reason Charlene doesn't show up in the Music Store. Is it located elsewhere as it's a free download?

SebastianSB
01-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the advice. For some reason Charlene doesn't show up in the Music Store. Is it located elsewhere as it's a free download?

If for some reason any song or pack doesn't show up in the music store, check the xbox live marketplace. Everything will be there...it's just a much bigger pain to sort through.

LLC2003
01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks. I have just download Charlene and completed 100% Bass. I am just working on the Guitar now.

NathAttack
01-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Not that I'm trying to act elitist or anything, but where's the actual 'achievement' in having someone work the bass pedal/neck of the guitar for you?
Maybe it just frustrates me because I worked my ass off getting the expert achieves for both tours, and am now stuck on the Expert vocal tour and have been for quite some time... But I'm not going to call up one of my buddies who CAN sing, I'm just going to duke it out until I earn the achievement.

Anyway, back on topic, for what it's worth, I got:

100% Drums achievement = Maps
100% Bass achievement = Maps
100% Guitar achievement = I Think I'm Paranoid

Still haven't got the vocals one, but so far I've had best results with Blitzkrieg Bop or whatever it's called.

LLC2003
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Not that I'm trying to act elitist or anything, but where's the actual 'achievement' in having someone work the bass pedal/neck of the guitar for you?
Maybe it just frustrates me because I worked my ass off getting the expert achieves for both tours, and am now stuck on the Expert vocal tour and have been for quite some time... But I'm not going to call up one of my buddies who CAN sing, I'm just going to duke it out until I earn the achievement.

Still haven't got the vocals one, but so far I've had best results with Blitzkrieg Bop or whatever it's called.
I understand exactly what you are saying... by background though I am a drummer and completed the expert drum tour with no additional help. I like yourself was also struggling at the vocals but somehow managed to scrap through the expert tour... (after 1000's of attempts) :)

The only problem was; when I saw my game score at 940/1000.... I really needed to enlist some help to reach to gain my coverted 1000/1000.

In response to your query I found the song 'I Think I'm Paranoid' the easiest to obtain 100%. There is very little pitch changes throughout the whole song...

loozered
01-13-2009, 11:00 AM

I don't mean to seem rude at all, but are you in any sort of position to moralise on other peoples achievements when you have TMNT in your list?

NathAttack
01-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't mean to seem rude at all, but are you in any sort of position to moralise on other peoples achievements when you have TMNT in your list?

Simple answer; yes. I didn't have a friend help me play through TMNT (Not that I didn't consider it at times, that game is fucking appalling and I wish I could scrap it from my list).

And thing is, whilst it is flattering that you care so much as to sift through my games list, is that was quite a while ago, and I've since only really started chasing achievements in games I enjoy enough to care about. Rock Band falls under this category.

Anyway, I wasn't so much intending to start an argument with anyone in the sense of "omg you can't earn it yourself, you suck". I just mean, the achievement always feels better when you put yourself through hard work to earn it.

Like, I had a million and one chances to play "Through The Fire And Flames" co-op with someone and net the Inhuman Achievement, but whilst that's not technically cheating, it's not the true spirit of the achievement. So I practiced until I was good enough to (barely) pass it.
And the sense of accomplishment was huge, and allowed me to justify all the time I'd spent practicing.

loozered
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Simple answer; yes. I didn't have a friend help me play through TMNT (Not that I didn't consider it at times, that game is fucking appalling and I wish I could scrap it from my list).

And thing is, whilst it is flattering that you care so much as to sift through my games list, is that was quite a while ago, and I've since only really started chasing achievements in games I enjoy enough to care about. Rock Band falls under this category.

Anyway, I wasn't so much intending to start an argument with anyone in the sense of "omg you can't earn it yourself, you suck". I just mean, the achievement always feels better when you put yourself through hard work to earn it.

Like, I had a million and one chances to play "Through The Fire And Flames" co-op with someone and net the Inhuman Achievement, but whilst that's not technically cheating, it's not the true spirit of the achievement. So I practiced until I was good enough to (barely) pass it.
And the sense of accomplishment was huge, and allowed me to justify all the time I'd spent practicing.
Oh, likewise, i didn't intend to start an argument or anything. It was just something i wanted to point out. I wasn't trying to accuse you or anything, i was just sort of saying "hey, is your house made of glass?"
I just noticed it in your sig, and thought it was worth pointing out.

While i do sort of agree with you, i think people should be free to get their achievements any way they want. Hell, if it makes them happy, who are we to judge?
I very much agree that achievements are far more rewarding when you work hard at them, but i also think that games should just be fun, and if someone doesn't want to spend hours and hours practicing songs, and want to obtain achievements in ways that might be frowned upon, then by all means, enjoy it!

LLC2003
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
I agree with both of your comments and like yourself take the most satisfaction in completing the achievement myself. I have amassed a gamerscore of over 14k with no help from anyone else, and from that I can take the most pride.

Just to put the opening comments in perspective, it took me over 40 hours to complete the drum tour on expert and another 20 hours to complete the vocal tour. Many people might give up or get some help but I practised and practised and now I am much better off for doing so... gaining 98% plus in all expert songs.

The guitar though is a completely different beast - I am completely useless! For some reason I cant move from one chord to the next and even the most simple of songs on medium I can't get above 80%. I have been around music most of my life and have also tried to play a real guitar, but again with the same problem. My small fingers lack any co-ordination when trying to play fast notes…

Taking the above problem into account I was faced with two options. Either 1- completely give up on 890/1000, with just 4 achievements remaining (hard/expert guitar + flawless groove/guitar), or 2 - enlist some help to see if I could get them. On this occasion I opted for the latter. This is not a true reflection as me as a gamer but simply a necessity I felt was required to get the full 1000.

Again going back to the original post I have now completed Charlene on Bass after trying Roxanne for around 10 hours. I am now still trying to do Charlene on Guitar (supposedly the easiest song)… J