PDA

View Full Version : Vocals Help!

loozered
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
The only achievement i've got left on RB is Virtuoso, and i'm so bleeding close!

I'm really stuck on Suffragette City and Foreplay/Long Time. I struggle pretty much right from the beginning of the Bowie song, despite listening to it a billion times, i always seem to fail within abot 35%. And with Boston, the best i got was 83%, only because i managed to horde some overdrive and use it towards the start of the difficult ending, but just couldn't do it.

That probably sounds quite vague, but i was just wondering if there was any tips that anyone had for them? Really want to get them done! :(

TwistedFate
01-15-2009, 02:04 PM
If you have gotten that far, there really isn't much people can tell you to help. Vocals aren't like guitar/drums where you can drop some notes in favor of others. If you aren't using the humming method you may want to try that, it's easier to match/hold pitch. Also try singing in falsetta, it worked for me for a lot of difficult songs. Foreplay/Longtime hangs up a lot of people at the exact spot you are stuck. Keep going, you will get both of them eventually.

loozered
01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
If you have gotten that far, there really isn't much people can tell you to help. Vocals aren't like guitar/drums where you can drop some notes in favor of others. If you aren't using the humming method you may want to try that, it's easier to match/hold pitch. Also try singing in falsetta, it worked for me for a lot of difficult songs. Foreplay/Longtime hangs up a lot of people at the exact spot you are stuck. Keep going, you will get both of them eventually.
I'm only just scraping through the vocals though, 3 starring most of the final tears. Even got a 2 star!! Didn't even know you could! :O
I can sing on hard fine, but it just seems such a leap up to expert.

Will try humming them. Did try that around tier 5, but found i did it better by trying to emulate the singer's style - but seems like a very good idea for these harder ones.

I might give falsetto a go too, but i generally find i sing it lower, a lá Tom Smith of The Editors, but it's worth trying.

thanks for the tips :)

Mr Arrow
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
The only achievement i've got left on RB is Virtuoso, and i'm so bleeding close!

I'm really stuck on Suffragette City and Foreplay/Long Time. I struggle pretty much right from the beginning of the Bowie song, despite listening to it a billion times, i always seem to fail within abot 35%. And with Boston, the best i got was 83%, only because i managed to horde some overdrive and use it towards the start of the difficult ending, but just couldn't do it.

That probably sounds quite vague, but i was just wondering if there was any tips that anyone had for them? Really want to get them done! :(

The SEARCH feature is your friend:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85328&highlight=vocals

Let's not re-invent the wheel!

xCOBRAx
01-23-2009, 09:56 AM
only other bit of advice i can add is download the songs ur having a hard time with to ur ipod and listen to them till u can sing them in ur sleep

d.palapuz
01-24-2009, 08:26 PM
You shouldnt have any problems finishing Foreplay on expert, but Suffragette City can give you headaches..
I failed that song so many times, and also Tom Sawyer, I didnt even bother finishing Solo Tour on expert..

SebastianSB
01-25-2009, 12:32 AM
I breezed through the expert tour...until I hit Reptilia. It took me ages to beat that song. Long Time took a second try for me to beat because the ending caught me off guard and I had no overdrive to save myself with.

loozered
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Still not re-tried this yet, but will post in here when i do give it a go, maybe with any more specifics if i get stuck. Big thanks again.