PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Glory Wiped Clean

Andrealinia
01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
So I've been playing civilization and won three of the four victories: Cultural, Technological and Gold. I had all the wonders in my Hall of Glory, a few of the figure heads and a lot of the great people. I played a game online with my friend and everything was fine. A couple of day's later I joined an online game with my friend from the Xbox 360 dashboard (in other words I wasn't on the game when I accepted the invite) and after the game had finished I went to my hall of glory and nothing was there... it was all gone... all the figure heads, the wonder, the great people... the only things there were the things I had unlocked from the multiplayer game.

So I started playing through, got a domination win and a gold win... played online again (from the game) and everything was fine. Joined a game again from the dashboard and once again everything has been wiped clean! It no longer recognises what wins I've done... I still have the achievements for what I unlocked before but it's not registering on the game.

Has this only happened to me and is this because I joined a game from the dashboard rather than from the game itself? I don't know why it would make a difference since it asked me where my save file was when I joined online from the dashboard, like it does when you load up the game...

Any help would be appreciated! I really don't want to work through it all again just to have it wiped clean...

jalutaja
01-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Just happen to me. I was playing through scenarios and all started from nil. I even not got the all different wins achievement. But i have them all separately in list.

lafehubert
03-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Here's the deal about that. Your record of achievements is kept up in the cloud (on the/a central server). But your save file is what determines what achievements are sent up to that server. If you have a save file on xbox A, and you don't take it with you and you play on xbox B, you get a new empty save file. So, if you've done every civ but 1 on A and you do the last civ on B, you won't get the achievement for doing all the civs.

I ran into this because I normally keep my profile and my save on a card to carry around with me, but I downloaded all of the add-ons, and to play with those active, you have to choose the device on which they reside, which also chooses the device where you save. I inadvertantly started with an old save from the game and played a couple of games finishing up winning with all the civs and boy was I pissed when I didn't get the achievement!

Anyway, that's why your hall of glory is empty.

Andrealinia
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Well my profile is on my memory card but my save file and my dlc are on my hard drive. I've only ever played Civ Rev on my xbox and always select the hard drive as the device that I choose. So I think that it may be something else...

I still have a save file, and I can load up games perfectly fine, just sometimes it all the great people in the Hall of Glory disappear and then you select the difficulty, none of the win types are lit up.

** really puzzled **

Ibeliamoyes
04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Same thing happened to me. I had a load of great people and now I only have the two I unlocked during a multiplayer game. I've lost the wins that I had won.

All of the game is saved onto the Hard Drive only. Same HD, same console.

M16's are Trash
04-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Same thing. This really pissed me off. The only achievement I have left to unlock is getting all the great people. I had all except Homer, then this BS kicked me in the nuts. What pissed me off even more was that after A LOT of work, I got back down to needing only 4 Great People (again including Homer) only to have it wiped again. I just want my hard earned achievement! Unfortunately I can't shine any light on the cause. The only input I have is that I have two accounts and seems to happen only after switching between them.

Elod
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
That sounds very bad. I'm sure that I will not play online while haven't got all achievements.