PDA

View Full Version : Theory Behind DLC Delay

Sinester84
01-16-2009, 01:55 AM
1. THQ underestimated backlash on exclusives and are putting more into 360 DLC.

2. There is an agreement with PS to release content a certain amount of time before rivals.

I don't know about the rest of you gamers, but this will be the last S vs R I buy until somebody pulls their head out of their a**. It seems THQ has been taken one step forward and two steps back in creating a great WWE wrestling game. THQ and WWE can talk all they want about listening to the fans, but if that was true then THQ would treat all gamers equal and WWE should get over themselves and put all of the great wrestlers moves, finishers, taunts, etc (Savage, Warrior, Mankind) in the game.

davie mac
01-16-2009, 09:41 AM
I personally have no idea why the DLC packs have been delayed but it could just be a simple thing such as waiting until the right moment to release the packs.

Unless Savage, Foley and the Warrior suddenly make up with the WWE, specifically Vince McMahon, I doubt we will ever see them in any WWE brand title.

Even after Vince's time in charge of the company it is extremely unlikely to see them in any of the games. Stephanie McMahon-Levesque follows her father's school of thought when it comes to old business deals and Shane is just so far up "the boys' " asses that he doesn't know the day of the week.

Sad but true, I would personally play as Savage but couldn't see myself playing as Warrior or Foley.

ferrara316
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
DLC was most likely delayed due to poor sales of the actual game. DLC buys are expected to be less than 1/4 of the actual purchases of the game. On MGC, only 49,000 have played this on 360.. chances are about 10,000 are rentals or quick plays. so that means aproximately 39,000 people have purchased this game and play it online. Expected DLC sales: definately less than 10,000. More like less than a 1000 will actually purchase it.

Xzero
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
I think it is a trick to not have to do DLC in the future. They will say it didn't sell well and was a waste of time. The update might break achievements so they might have to rebuild it around that.

syer2222
01-16-2009, 07:45 PM
you guys are just mad cause it hasnt been released yet, im sure its going to be somthing good

my_box_72
01-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Patience is a virtue

CM Matty
01-17-2009, 05:10 AM
DLC was most likely delayed due to poor sales of the actual game. DLC buys are expected to be less than 1/4 of the actual purchases of the game. On MGC, only 49,000 have played this on 360.. chances are about 10,000 are rentals or quick plays. so that means aproximately 39,000 people have purchased this game and play it online. Expected DLC sales: definately less than 10,000. More like less than a 1000 will actually purchase it.

i would highly doubt that this game sold less than 40,000 copies. i would however agree that sale are probably lower than expected (hence the reason that a lot of big chain stores had it on sale for $39.99 recently). also, that theory doesn't really make sense because the ps3 version would have surely sold less than the 360 version.

it's pretty obvious it's a timed exclusivity agreement, especially when you take into account that the demo was ps3 only and that the ps3 gets exclusive dlc in the first pack.

i don't see it as a big deal. i'll just be patient. this is not really all that different than gta4 and fallout 3 having exclusive dlc for the 360 and nothing on the ps3. the only difference i can think of is that the exclusivity in those cases were publicized before release.

kane777123
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
My theory is they will push the date back even further because if it is true that the DLC will include diva christmas atire, there wouldnt really be a point now seeing as its mid January lol. they will probably wait till summer and change it.

afunk117
01-20-2009, 06:57 AM
you guys are just mad cause it hasnt been released yet, im sure its going to be somthing good

what about if it isnt good

vodo316
01-23-2009, 08:40 PM
DLC is available on the PS3 my friend just got it tonight

Xzero
01-23-2009, 09:34 PM
DLC is available on the PS3 my friend just got it tonight

That is what the OP is complaining about. PSN has had it for a while now.

Sinester84
01-24-2009, 12:33 AM
1) The only thing I am upset with in regards to the DLC and patch is there is no information. Early '09 is a b.s. response. Early '09 can be any time between Jan 01 to May 31 (depending on the person's point of view) and could possibly be longer. There needs to at least be an update on the release date or whatever problem they are to incompetent to fix. If THQ would have posted the reason for the delay earlier in the month I would have sighed and just got my gaming on with another game. THQ's actions tell me they don't give a sh** about 360 gamers or their customers and THQ will fix the problem when they're good and ready (if ever).

2) Yes 360 gets exclusives on GTA IV or whatever, but exclusives should not go hand and hand with sports games like SvR, Madden, etc. GTA is just a game, but there is a fan base with sports outside the gaming world that should be treated equally. If PS3 gamers received an exclusive Houston Oiler alt. jersey (or what ever old team) or an exclusive hall of famer like Jerry Rice with their roster updates, 360 gamers would be upset (and ps3 gamers would be equally upset if 360 gamers got it).

3) You mention poor sales, well it's crap like this that causes the poor sales. THQ has a poor customer support service (I know it took awhile to get my problems with Saint's Row resolved). They use hand me down features game after game, and they half a** the new features. RTWM and Create-a-Finisher were good but very limited, and why in the hell they don't allow gamers to alter the featured superstar's attire is beyond me. Even there roster picks is questionable (Palumbo, Tony, Masked Man, Murdoch, Ashley) compared to (Knox, Helms, Noble, Venis, Maryse). THQ needs to take a look back at the previous popular titles for the blueprint of success or things will get worse.

***I like Ashley but she was released in July, which should be enough time to change her out with another diva.

***I know Murdoch/Cade was a tag team but Cade was also in an alliance with Jericho for half the year or so and I would have gladly given up Murdoch (since he was also released in July) for one of the above since there is already a redneck/hillbilly tag team.

Bajan Elite
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
thq said the patch would come before 01/30/2009, ithe PS3 has the patch and DLC already, so then that means we will probably get the DLC and patch together before this month is over....hopefully

UNDERWALLY
01-25-2009, 03:33 AM
1) The only thing I am upset with in regards to the DLC and patch is there is no information. Early '09 is a b.s. response. Early '09 can be any time between Jan 01 to May 31 (depending on the person's point of view) and could possibly be longer. There needs to at least be an update on the release date or whatever problem they are to incompetent to fix. If THQ would have posted the reason for the delay earlier in the month I would have sighed and just got my gaming on with another game. THQ's actions tell me they don't give a sh** about 360 gamers or their customers and THQ will fix the problem when they're good and ready (if ever).

2) Yes 360 gets exclusives on GTA IV or whatever, but exclusives should not go hand and hand with sports games like SvR, Madden, etc. GTA is just a game, but there is a fan base with sports outside the gaming world that should be treated equally. If PS3 gamers received an exclusive Houston Oiler alt. jersey (or what ever old team) or an exclusive hall of famer like Jerry Rice with their roster updates, 360 gamers would be upset.
AMEN

THQ can lick my salty balls

Aldo99
01-31-2009, 06:20 AM
Hmmmm surely since THQ just went bust, they wont be releasing any more dlc because they no longer exist :P.. i realy hope this marks the end of the current smackdown series and a new developer gets the series and starts from fresh. this has been the same damn game since the PS2 with only minor tweaks each year. 2009 was one of the worst in my opinion even with the difficulty at legendary your CPU opponents just dont fight back! at all!

dark666
02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
i would highly doubt that this game sold less than 40,000 copies. i would however agree that sale are probably lower than expected (hence the reason that a lot of big chain stores had it on sale for $39.99 recently). also, that theory doesn't really make sense because the ps3 version would have surely sold less than the 360 version.

it's pretty obvious it's a timed exclusivity agreement, especially when you take into account that the demo was ps3 only and that the ps3 gets exclusive dlc in the first pack.

i don't see it as a big deal. i'll just be patient. this is not really all that different than gta4 and fallout 3 having exclusive dlc for the 360 and nothing on the ps3. the only difference i can think of is that the exclusivity in those cases were publicized before release.

Yes the DLC thing is a pain but lets be clear on something first I want to be clear I am a Xbox 360 fan but I have the PS3 were I have 2 games only. As for game sales yes the 360 has sold over 810,000 when on the PS3 had been over 640,000 so why the DLC early on PS3 call it an incentive to buy the PS3 ver that is not selling so well. They gave the PS3 a limited ED and I have seen in on Amazon for 39.99 so you get the picture. The PS3 got the DLC early and they get 4 extra costumes and Classic Kane and we will not get it. But we really can't complain that is how it works and sometimes sucks, the PS3 will not have any of the exclusive DLC for Fallout 3, Tomb Raider Underworld, GTA and some others so we are better off. Don't forget SvsR was a PS2 exclusive and when SvsR 2007 HD came out only 360 only a lot of fans made the jump for the 360 so that is THQ's way to make it up to Sony with the DLC for the fans they lost.

nickakadashow
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok..this is becoming really sad! Let's Go! You can't say because they aren't selling good. This is a joke! Was it like this last year!?

~F.O.X~

syer2222
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
confirms the date is march 31st
http://xboxlive.ign.com/objects/142/14242641.html

nickakadashow
02-04-2009, 06:40 PM

Why would they wait so long? The game came out first week of November. This is sad!

~F.O.X~

dark666
02-05-2009, 12:01 AM
If that is there plan to make money it sucks. I love S vs R 2009 but in March I will still be playing Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 + Star Ocean and Fallout 3 DLC so why in hell they have it for March 31st is this a joke and don't forget about the second DLC when will that be July?

Haggard07
02-05-2009, 09:55 AM
March 31, that's a fucking joke right?, not to mention the fact of all the PS3 exclusives that we don't get =(. I hate to bitch but Christ I only play like 6 games on the 360 and 3 of them are in the SvR series, I've been waiting for DLC content in SvR and now they give it to us but we have to wait like 5 months and all we get is 3 superstars and a few alt/ clothes. Also they took out GM mode witch was the main reason I wanted DLC anyways I digress. Anyway, how hard could it be to give us alt costumes and and maybe old PPV arenas and WCW Arena's, I mean seriously it seems like alt attires and more clothes added tot the CAW system should be like weekly DLC, I mean am I the only one who feels that way?

Sinester84
02-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I have just about every WWF/E wrestling game from NES to now, but this will be the last THQ game I buy unless:

a) THQ is no longer tied with the WWE.
b) THQ manages to get a really good review, 9.4 or better.
c) I can find a really good price on ebay or amazon (what I'll probably do for LOW).

Trivium Dude
02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I know were talking about the DLC here but im more looking forward to the patch. dont really like the idea of playing over a 100 mathes in career mode just to get him around the 90 mark. They said the patch would be out before Jan 31st and its now Feb 9th. Anyone have idea's if the patch will come with the DLC or if its been scrapped all together?

Jaystar
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
This is the reason why I only buy the SvR Games for the Achievements.

Darkjay7991
02-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Guess what! PS3 got a roster update while we got shit.

Il Postino
02-19-2009, 05:41 AM
And really, why would you wait until your next wrestling game is on the market for a week before you release DLC for the old game?

kidtricky3
02-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Im personally tired of waiting they need to come the hell on

UNDERWALLY
02-23-2009, 04:43 AM
DAMN IT. THQ is the worst company, the always do this, each and ever game they make, it's nacely done, great ideas, entertaining, bit still ALWAYS there's something bad, poor IA, bad graphics, bugs, glitches, look at D.A.Humans, SRow, The Outfit, and all those great titles,ruined by: THQ SUCKS

Blind Airwave
02-23-2009, 02:15 PM
What exactly did the PSN "roster Update" entail into the game?

The DLC for 360 is a joke, the amount of time to eait is anyways.

AlmightyBronco
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
there better be more dlc released then has been announced. as a massive kane fan i am sorely dissapointed that its not originally in the game, and then to find out its exclusive to ps3....... i mean seriously, its been in everygame before it. Whats with the delay? how hard can it be to make a few characters n 1 attire? how bout givin us the entrances n watever else is needed n we will do it ourselves. 400pts for 4items is ridiculous, everyones just gona creats the characters themselves anyway. i get the feeling the dlc is never gona happen. svr10 is probably in production already. so i guess all we can do is hope they wake up to themselves n make up for it in the next game. bring on legends of wrestlemania ps:Why do the mcmahon family let there personal feeling towards released wreslters get in the way of good business? shame on u wwe

ntsshap4@aol.com
03-13-2009, 03:52 AM
still no patch???? i want to be able to make caw's then just raise their stats and everything on it's own.... is there a patch coming or not because im thinking of selling this game... thq is pissing me off

Croweboy87
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Hmmm could this have anything to do with Wrestlemania being that weekend? THQ hoping for all of us massive wrestling fans to folk out on both the dlc and the LOW game whilst also dishing the dosh for the PPV? Tell you one thing I don't think i'll be going for it unless they add extra achievements to the in a new update.

Ghetto Reaper88
03-23-2009, 11:46 PM
i have been a wee fan since the day i opened my eyes never missed a show or a ppv and never will, THQ do a good job of making the game fresh each year they add sumet new unlike Fifa or other football games, i think it was good to get back to an SVR game after the dissappointment of TNA impact with its small amount of characters short as anything career mode and lack of moves avalible. hell they probs like the guy above posted wanted to release it with wrestlemania hopfully with new content including a way to import wrestlers from LOW which for the first time was a massive hit and worked much better than TNA impact, next year i hope they take some of the input from LOD and put it in SVR like chain battles. the only prob lem some far this year i have had with SVR 2009 is its too short but LOD as a bonus made up for that. DLC give here i want more WWE.