PDA

View Full Version : No Living Man am I

Atarii
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Has anyone got a good strategy for this achievement? While playing as Eowyn (basically a Scout) I get beaten pretty badly by the Witch-King. I tried using a cloak and attack method, but there's so many enemies around it's hard to attack and stealth away without taking hits.

DRCL
01-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Has anyone got a good strategy for this achievement? While playing as Eowyn (basically a Scout) I get beaten pretty badly by the Witch-King. I tried using a cloak and attack method, but there's so many enemies around it's hard to attack and stealth away without taking hits.

This one is so dumb..
I still haven't got it either...
It's so frustrating that I can get him down to about 1/4 left.. And then all of a sudden a huge horde comes in and kills me...
It's so bad.. You got two warriors using the fire sword thing [LB+Y], The mage's firewall [B], And an occasional troll thing whacking you..

I can get some good damage in early on with the same combo over and over again..

I just usually do: X X X Y Y B LB+B RT

Anyone have an idea on how to do this... :\

Jimmy22666
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Simplest thing to do (though relatively difficult since the witch king seems to be able to see you when you're cloaked) is to cloak and backstab him. I got beaten to hell first time, restarted, then killed him in a matter of seconds :D

Atarii
01-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks, I'll continue and try a cloak and attack method, perhaps with a bit of luck I can get this. If I get this achievement I'll be sure to tell you the way in which I got it.

xRogue 5x
01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
you're going to have to use the cloak and stab, also make sure it is on casual difficulty.

Keep trying to run circles around him. sometimes he will do the scream attack that stuns you and if you avoid the attack it will leave him stuck in that animation for a second. This should give you enough time to run in behind and hit him with the back stab.

Atarii
01-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Yea, the screaming stun animation is what helped me get him, I was able to avoid one luckily and it left him open for an easy cloak and backstab - achievement unlocked :)

DRCL
01-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea, the screaming stun animation is what helped me get him, I was able to avoid one luckily and it left him open for an easy cloak and backstab - achievement unlocked :)

Well.. I was so pissed that I couldn't kill him.. That all I did was press LB and ran right at him.. He missed with his attack and I got him from behind before anyone could get close enough to swarm me :D

Finally got this out of the way..

Really a pain though.. I kept waiting for him to come to me & by then there would be a whole group of people..

shinobigarth
01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
what i did was i ran around and threw the bombs (RT) at him the whole time, sometimes doing a LB + Y attack on him. worked great. the cloak backstab kill is stupid, you should try to do it without resorting to that.

synister
01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Wear him down first with like the archer before you pick to be the hero so you can wear down the witch kings life. Then when the witch king has a little less then a quarter of life die untill you can pick the hero and then finish the witch king off. It worked very well for me.
hope this helps.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/XxSYNI5T3RxX.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/XxSYNI5T3RxX)

InDeathsWake
01-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Cloak and Stab FTW!

Dragonwind
01-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I kept hitting him down with the bomb then ran behind him and stab his brains out :D

neeker75
01-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Do this with a friend. Get your friend to play either as an Archer or a Mage so as he/ she can attack the Witch King on your behalf. You should just stay cloak from time to time so as you don't get hit. Once your friend manages to reduce the Witch King's health down to a minimum, move in for the kill.

Atarii
01-17-2009, 02:01 AM
what i did was i ran around and threw the bombs (RT) at him the whole time, sometimes doing a LB + Y attack on him. worked great. the cloak backstab kill is stupid, you should try to do it without resorting to that.

You don't like cloak and backstab instagib kills? If it's in the game you might as well take advantage of it.

DRCL
01-17-2009, 04:38 AM
You don't like cloak and backstab instagib kills? If it's in the game you might as well take advantage of it.

And seeing as the hero you play for this part is like a scout.. Why would you not use that? .. Lol

Draekan
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM
What I did is charge straight for him. Throw a bomb with RT and then once he's knocked down use x x x y y b combo. Rinse and repeat. I got it pretty easily. Only took 1/4 of my health.

Gsmittyunit44
01-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I must have gotten lucky with this one as you can see in this video. YouTube - LOTR Conquest: No Living Man Am I Achievement