PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Shot Help

FlyersFan20
11-04-2006, 03:46 AM
I've tried everything to get the penalty shot, I must have played 30 hour long games. In one game I had 74 breakaways, and no one fouled me. None of my friends are any good at NHL games, so they're no help. If anyone lives in the philly area and can help me get a penalty shot, it would be greatly appreciated. PM me here or on XBL.

Wreckon Dracgon
11-04-2006, 04:59 AM
You know you can do this with two controllers. Just get yourself on a breakaway and use the second controller to take the player out.

FlyersFan20
11-04-2006, 06:31 AM
I keep trying to do it with two controllers, I swear this game just hates me.

Schloob
11-04-2006, 09:52 AM
I had found this advice on another site(can't remember where) but it worked perfect for me. I was doing what you guys were talking about with the 2 controllers to no avail for an hour and a half. I did the following and got it in about 10 minutes.

This will be done against a computer opponent. You need to go ahead and win the faceoff and then give the puck to your goalie. He holds it long enough this will cause you to have a faceoff down at your end. Now you need to win this faceoff and get behind your net, next you are going to make sure you are holding down the turbo speed and rush up the middle of the ice so that you go right in between the 2 defenders. As you pass the 2 guys let off the turbo but continue forward and hold down the shoot button. What happens is they have to then trip you up and hence then a penalty shot. I believe as far as settings you should turn up the defensive aggresiveness of the other team as this seemed to help. Hope this helps.

Or just look at Dreamcaster's post a couple down fron Oct.10 I did not notice it until after posting myself. I do not think I used 2 controllers though, I just did it against the computer.

FlyersFan20
11-04-2006, 10:26 AM
thanks schloob, I'm gonna give this a try, I still say this game hates me. I actually went ahead and bought it from gamefly for 13.99 so I can get the next game in my queue. and of course any x360 game for 13.99 is a good deal.