PDA

View Full Version : Don't get "Friendly" or "Wits Fan" before Block Party

IanCFitz
01-17-2009, 05:05 AM
There is a known glitch:

http://forums.xbox.com/2/20167253/ShowPost.aspx#20167253

Bottom of page 2 -- poster name is DrJ

Hello again,
Well we heard from some of the folks who are having this problem, got some data about their situation, dug into the code further with that info, and we did discover that in fact that there is a very rare situation where if someone plays 50 online games and gets the 'play 50 games online' achievement before they ever play one online game with 6 people to get the 'block party' acheivement, that getting the 'play 50 games online achievement' then unfortunately prevents you from ever being able to get the 'block party' achievement.
There is no apparant workaround for this unfortunately, and it appears that even if we were able to do a second title update, this wouldn't fix the issue for those who have already gone down this path. We'll talk with the folks at Microsoft in the upcoming week and see if they have any ideas.
Obviously this is something that we feel bad about, that we wish wansn't in the code, and wish that testing had found, but clearly the testers (and most of the Wits players out there) were more likely to achieve block party before achieving play 50 online games and that is why it didn't appear before now.

Jeff Pobst, CEO
Hidden Path Entertainment

Lonsta DaMonsta
01-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Have you tried deleting the game and/or your save file from the game, and redownloading it and then trying it out?

IanCFitz
01-19-2009, 01:17 AM
That was my next course of action. I sent a message to DrJ inquiring about any workarounds, but have yet to hear anything.

SCA KAZUMA
02-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, is there any news on this yet? Any possible upcoming patches? And is it just "Block Party" that's blocked? Because I'd really like to go ahead and set up my system for the *easy* "Super Wit" achievement, but I don't want this to happen. And seeing as there are so few people who play this game (and when I post in the achievement thread, no one responds AND when I send requests WITH messages, people accept them and just forget I ever asked), I have yet to get the "Block Party" achievement.

Lonsta DaMonsta
02-08-2009, 12:54 PM
SCA, why don't you just play a game with five people? You can control all five with a controller or two. Unlock that achievement and then you can go for the rest.

SCA KAZUMA
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
SCA, why don't you just play a game with five people? You can control all five with a controller or two. Unlock that achievement and then you can go for the rest.

Seeing as you can only hook up 4 controllers to a system, and any participants unmanned by a controller are designated as CPU, that's not exactly possible. Regardless, I'm going to play online with some people I found with 4 controllers and hopefully one person has 2 controllers or I can get 2 people besides myself in the game. That takes care of the problem altogether.

Fafhrdd
03-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Well this really sucks because I got the 50 online games and have not unlocked the block party... this figures..... I will be deleting the game, the game save, and cache to see if it works...

Any other ideas or work arounds?

A 0 E monkey
10-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Block party is still unfixed and I believe it will stay this way :( Looks like i'm stuck at 180 :/

cherryontop420
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
i wish i had known this before crap