PDA

View Full Version : Regal purple dye wasn't hard to find at all. Why all the fuss?

interwhat
01-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I went to the garden, found the clothings trader and bought it.

Why is everyone looking for it?

Munkeh111
01-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I went to the clothing trader, and he did not have it. I am sure many people are having the same experience as me

JaMi3x
01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah, the clothing trader at Fairfax Gardens doesn't always have it. I have visited him/her at least 50 times and still I haven't got it! You got lucky.

xXx3NIGM4xXx
01-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I went to the clothing trader, and he did not have it. I am sure many people are having the same experience as me

Hm. Indeed. I cant even get the clothing trader to come up, let alone get the damn dye! But, I found a puny carrot in a cupboard, so, I guess my luck isn't all that bad. :woop:

interwhat
01-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow im pretty lucky huh
i still need that achievement though.

ezekiel 08
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I went to the garden, found the clothings trader and bought it.

Why is everyone looking for it?

Good for you. What is the point of this thread?

I for one search for 4 hours in Fairfax Gardens and around the world and never found it. I got 4 other dyes from Fairfax Gardens by no Regal Purple dye. I eventually ended up posting in the item trading thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103153) and gave someone the Completionist and the Dollcatcher achievements for it.

So yes, it is a big deal for us that couldn't find it, and we don't appreciate you starting threads like this that are no help to anyone in any shape or form.

And for the record, even though I couldn't find the dye, I didn't start threads complaining it. I posted asking to trade and that was all I said about it. I try to keep this community helpful and friendly, you should to.

Can't this get locked?

xXx3NIGM4xXx
01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Damn ezekiel, why so harsh? lol, but I see where you're coming from. I think it was more or less just that, he was just curious as to why people are complaining in your thread that we cant find it, when he probably did his first attempt. A lot of the elder members seem to take things a little too seriously here.

PureTechniquex
01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
The Dye is just pot luck, i got mine on like the 6th try of sleeping for a week then returning for it.

YOU just got hella lucky to get it on your 1st attempt.

JaMi3x
01-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Wooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got mine. :D

oX will i am Xo
01-17-2009, 12:28 PM
i had no problem finding anything for the new dlc, only thing i ha to sleep about a week for was murgos trading book, it only popped up after i sold ALL 294 books i had, which makes a little sense as its a trading book lool

KNUCKS x360a
01-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Damn ezekiel, why so harsh? lol, but I see where you're coming from. I think it was more or less just that, he was just curious as to why people are complaining in your thread that we cant find it, when he probably did his first attempt. A lot of the elder members seem to take things a little too seriously here.

Good for you. What is the point of this thread?

Hey i'm only a newb to this site really but i agree, its kind of a patronising unhelpful thread when you consider the HUNDREDS of posts/threads next to it with genuine problems finding the Dye...

I beat the game twice already, 1000 points in first week and all that, i had to come post on this site 2 get some damn Purple Dye!!

(no i'm not starting trouble, i could care less what any1 says/does & usually post Helpful stuff 4 people 2 beat games! :))

Anyways, i'm off to the COD-WaW section to make a thread called "Veteran is Easy & i Did it 1st Time, 1 Handed with a Broken Controller"

LMAO :drunk

DRCL
01-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Just because I think he made this thread to be an asshole >_<
That might have something to do with it..
I personally didn't have much trouble with the dye.. The second time I found the trader in Fairfax Castle, I got it.. But, I didn't come on here saying it was easy :\
On the other hand.. I can't get two damn carrots.. Out of all the items you can get in the game.. Why would you make this the hardest to get? :(

Boney!
01-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Just because I think he made this thread to be an asshole >_<
That might have something to do with it..
I personally didn't have much trouble with the dye.. The second time I found the trader in Fairfax Castle, I got it.. But, I didn't come on here saying it was easy :
On the other hand.. I can't get two damn carrots.. Out of all the items you can get in the game.. Why would you make this the hardest to get? :(

Carrots are easy to get!

Bowerstone Old Market Food Stall (hiding around the back streets).

Buy one, go in the house right next to it and then sleep for a week and buy another.

DRCL
01-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Carrots are easy to get!

Bowerstone Old Market Food Stall (hiding around the back streets).

Buy one, go in the house right next to it and then sleep for a week and buy another.

I don't have the food stall... It has something to do with what you choose at the very start of the game with the warrants :\

Boney!
01-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't have the food stall... It has something to do with what you choose at the very start of the game with the warrants : Do you still need some?

DRCL
01-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Do you still need some?

Nope just got them off someone from the Trading Thread :D

Thanks though.

interwhat
01-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Wow ezekiel, i'm sorry if i hurt your delicate gentle feelings.

For everyone else who had a hard time finding the dye, i'm sorry for hurting your normal manly feelings.

And also, i did not know that the trader does not always carry the item.

What i thought was that people were going to the wrong places wrong people and didn't read the guide. My luck had me confused why other people were struggling which led me to think that they didn't read the guide.

Boney!
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
If you need the dye, try this:

The absolute best way to get the Regal Purple Dye is this:

1) Own Castle Fairrfax
2) Find the clothing trader.
3) Get him her to fall in love with you
4) Get him her to follow you to your bedroom in castle fairfax
5) Buy all the dye of the trader
6) Sleep for 7 Days without Dismissing the trader
7) Buy the Regal Purple Dye

Hot Juicy Pie
01-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Well its a 5 star item and what alot of people dont realize is that if you price gouge and drop the economy to below 5 stars then it will never be in stock.

xNJDx REDRUM
01-17-2009, 09:33 PM
you probably got lucky it never showed for me

xNJDx REDRUM
01-17-2009, 09:34 PM
If you need the dye, try this:

The absolute best way to get the Regal Purple Dye is this:

1) Own Castle Fairrfax
2) Find the clothing trader.
3) Get him her to fall in love with you
4) Get him her to follow you to your bedroom in castle fairfax
5) Buy all the dye of the trader