PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Name that tune (r) achievement!!!!

Maskell0508
01-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok i cant seem to get the mission to challenge the tuner champ.

ive beaten the city champ, exotic champ n muscle champ so far, but i was under the impression when you reach tuner rank 5 you get challenged by the champ but it aint happening.

does ne1 kno when the challenge does actually get activated????

DarkHitman 47
01-18-2009, 01:22 AM
60 wins for me mate

Cashaddi
01-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Ok i cant seem to get the mission to challenge the tuner champ.

ive beaten the city champ, exotic champ n muscle champ so far, but i was under the impression when you reach tuner rank 5 you get challenged by the champ but it aint happening.

does ne1 kno when the challenge does actually get activated????
I also read taht you first have to finish all missions in your mission log....

but you have already beaten other champs so....
well I don't really know, but good luck dude^^

stevo
01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
I had a similar problem m8. But found that after i'd beaten city champ i had to get 35 wins with each type for the champ to turn up. well all except muscle champ that took 45 wins.. as soon as i hit the 35th and 45th win the champ rang me..not sure bout having to reach rank 5 tho..

hope this helps.

toxictaz
01-18-2009, 10:26 AM
i have 74 wins with tuners and still nothing. im getting annoyed. muscle i have 35 and nuthin. im at 95% and it wont move up. ive played 5 tournys and i wont go up.

stevo
01-18-2009, 10:28 AM
daft question i know but have u beaten the city champ?

BuddhaMD
01-18-2009, 10:43 AM
It all depends how many wins you had with each type of vehicle before you reached A class. You have to win X amount (I think it's 40 but am not sure - search the net & you'll find a definite figure) of races with each type of vehicle once you hit A class regardless of previous wins.

i.e. if you had no bike wins @ all before A class the bike champ would call you when the bike win total reached 40 (?)

but if you already had 90 bike wins when reaching A class he would call you when the win total reached 130

same goes for each of the other 4 vehicle types.

facts are definite, figures - not so sure about.

hope this helps

Also, to cashaddi... no you don't have to clear your mission log & in fact you never can

even after beating the game & getting all ach's the tourneys, match races & betting challenges will keep respawning so you'll always have 8 things (out of 12) to have a go at...

toxictaz
01-18-2009, 12:13 PM
i think i found it. i was playing so many races. i did one stoplight race and they both popped finally.

Cashaddi
01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
It all depends how many wins you had with each type of vehicle before you reached A class. You have to win X amount (I think it's 40 but am not sure - search the net & you'll find a definite figure) of races with each type of vehicle once you hit A class regardless of previous wins.

i.e. if you had no bike wins @ all before A class the bike champ would call you when the bike win total reached 40 (?)

but if you already had 90 bike wins when reaching A class he would call you when the win total reached 130

same goes for each of the other 4 vehicle types.

facts are definite, figures - not so sure about.

hope this helps

Also, to cashaddi... no you don't have to clear your mission log & in fact you never can

even after beating the game & getting all ach's the tourneys, match races & betting challenges will keep respawning so you'll always have 8 things (out of 12) to have a go at...

Thanks mate for clearing things up :D

Maskell0508
01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
ok thanks to all. i reckon ive onli dun 10 races in a tuner afta beating the city champ, so ill give it a go n let u all kno.

Maskell0508
01-18-2009, 02:52 PM
jus got the achievement, afta doin 3 races and then gettin challenged.
Thx to all.:woop:

BuddhaMD
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
cool n1 man

kornfan2007
01-20-2009, 01:38 PM
For any that see this post I have updated the achievement guide with the figures I got before challenge. I believe it is 35 races from after you become A class. That ties in with roughly what I got.

LeiChat
01-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm having same issue with Luxury, Bike and Muscle.
Spent most of my time doing the missions in a Golf (Tuner), Evo (Tuner) or Lambo DUB (exotic) and I have beaten both of those champs and the city champ.

Where there's talk about "before reaching A class", does that mean I need to race non A class cars & bikes to get those three missions to appear, or am I fine racing with the A class stuff I've unlocked?

EDIT: Yep, 35 total wins in the stats menu for Muscle and Luxury, just Bike left now.
Already had some in each so not sure that "after A class" thing matters.
EDIT: Bike Champ unlocked after 47 "motorcycle wins" in "career stats".

tjayars
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
i think i found it. i was playing so many races. i did one stoplight race and they both popped finally.

This worked for me also. I had 41 wins in luxury doing wager races, did one stoplight and it unlocked.

dav1zzl3
02-20-2009, 05:32 PM
After beating the City Champ, I only had 11 Luxury wins and was challenged around 30-40 wins. My TUNER, however, already had 60-somethin wins once I beat the City Champ...hopefully I'll get it before 70.

GiLLaHooLeY
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
also had several wins with the tuner and the bike so no problem there. i hadn't done anything with the exotic, luxury, and muscle. the exotic and luxury came after about 35 total wins, or i arcade raced both of them to class 5 maxed out and then got challenged. i've got probably 50 races give or take a few, but no challenge by the muscle champ. wtf.

HackMATTr
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Well if I want to race the cars at B class eventhough I can upgrade it to A. Can I still unlock the champs. I have done the city champ and motorcycle champ. I have 50 wins with muscle and 68 with tuner. Luxury is like 15 and exotic is 1.