PDA

View Full Version : DOOM freezes?

RubberBandBalls
01-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Whenever I kill the boss and complete a chapter, text slowly appears across the screen as normal but whenever I push the A button to continue, my entire system freezes and I have to manually turn off my console.

Additionally, if I pause the game and select "Quit To Main Menu" the game asks for confirmation, "Push A to continue, B to go back, etc." and when I push A the system freezes.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, is there any way to fix it such as deleting the game and re-downloading it?

AcidGlowx81
01-17-2009, 11:13 PM
I had this problem until I got an answer on another forum. You have to be connected to Live while you finish the last Mission of an Episode. It won't freeze after that mission ends. It's odd.. but it works... dunno why they did that..

RubberBandBalls
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Huh, that's odd and sucks since my internet connection is horrible and I can rarely log on. Anyways, thanks.

XeonMasta
03-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I had this problem until I got an answer on another forum. You have to be connected to Live while you finish the last Mission of an Episode. It won't freeze after that mission ends. It's odd.. but it works... dunno why they did that..

Kudos. Been thinking about this too.

CutmanMike
03-24-2009, 10:03 AM
It's probably trying to update the leaderboard or something and fails to do so :confused:

Poida
03-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Whenever I kill the boss and complete a chapter, text slowly appears across the screen as normal but whenever I push the A button to continue, my entire system freezes and I have to manually turn off my console.

Additionally, if I pause the game and select "Quit To Main Menu" the game asks for confirmation, "Push A to continue, B to go back, etc." and when I push A the system freezes.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, is there any way to fix it such as deleting the game and re-downloading it?
Same with me, had freezing after completing the first chapter or whenever I wanted to go to main menu.
I had this problem until I got an answer on another forum. You have to be connected to Live while you finish the last Mission of an Episode. It won't freeze after that mission ends. It's odd.. but it works... dunno why they did that.. Thanks, I hope that works for not just the chapters but quitting as well.

Heners
04-09-2009, 06:06 AM
it happened to me during online, abit devo i must add

Kailon791
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Well im connected to live when im playing and my game is still locking up at the end of every level. is this happening with anyone else? anyone know how to fix this?