PDA

View Full Version : Be a Pro Legend help

Var 18
01-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Hey, since the achievements guide doesn't help much on this achievement, so if someone will shine some light that would be helpful

I'm trying to get this kinda fast, as playing 150 games does get boring after a while. Basicly, what is the best method/ fastest to get this achievement.

Here are some leads:

1. Can you get this achievement by fully simming?
2. By partially simming?
3. Do you need to play every single game?
4. and tips on simming?

Also, don't go and say "Just play the game through man" or some bad stuff about how simming is cheating. 150 games takes a while, and hockey isn't as fun when you are in first person (unless you are playing it in real life).

Thanks

NexT2010
01-18-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure that you have to play every game since you cant unlock achievements from simmed games. 150 games isnt too bad. You can change the camera angle in the visual options also. I always play with the camera set on overhead. Also I picked no line changes and set the fatigue off. This way it might be more bearable for you to reach the 150 game mark. You should try and sim 2 full seasons real quick to see if it will unlock and post your results here otherwise wait until someone can tell you for sure if simmed/partially simmed games count towards your game played total.

Var 18
01-24-2009, 10:16 PM
K, I will sim those seasons and post back here when I get a chance

Eric4Hockey
01-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Do you know if you have to play multiple players to get the 2 trophies? I got my 150 games and simmed to the end and i only got one trophy check in performance tracker when i won art ross and the goal scoring trophies. Do I just need to make sure I play long enough o get MVP too or something to see if i can pul it off?

vsbv-lightstorm
01-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Do you know if you have to play multiple players to get the 2 trophies? I got my 150 games and simmed to the end and i only got one trophy check in performance tracker when i won art ross and the goal scoring trophies. Do I just need to make sure I play long enough o get MVP too or something to see if i can pul it off?

Yes you do need to use multiple BAP's

vsbv-lightstorm
01-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Hey, since the achievements guide doesn't help much on this achievement, so if someone will shine some light that would be helpful

I'm trying to get this kinda fast, as playing 150 games does get boring after a while. Basicly, what is the best method/ fastest to get this achievement.

Here are some leads:

1. Can you get this achievement by fully simming?
2. By partially simming?
3. Do you need to play every single game?
4. and tips on simming?

Also, don't go and say "Just play the game through man" or some bad stuff about how simming is cheating. 150 games takes a while, and hockey isn't as fun when you are in first person (unless you are playing it in real life).

Thanks

Hey, im almost positive you can Sim the games but when it hits the third period hit the Intervene button and play the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period it should count towards your total.

ScarletKnight71
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm jumping in on this thread so we don't get a newer similar one (sorry OP).

I just want to make sure I get this right. I'm about to finish my second season with my ONLY BAP guy. As soon as I get the trophies, do I save? I guess I'm asking what the point of no return is. I realize I'm going to have to start a new BAP career, but I don't want a save from the wrong point.

Thanks!

vsbv-lightstorm
01-27-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm jumping in on this thread so we don't get a newer similar one (sorry OP).

I just want to make sure I get this right. I'm about to finish my second season with my ONLY BAP guy. As soon as I get the trophies, do I save? I guess I'm asking what the point of no return is. I realize I'm going to have to start a new BAP career, but I don't want a save from the wrong point.

Thanks!

once you get your trophies SAVE YOUR GAME do not advance.

and start a new bap

ButterSteez
01-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Go and press simulate game and when there is 5 minutes left in the third period and you play through tell them game is over it WILL count towards game played. However after you win the stanley cup you must simulate a few days to receive the trophies probably within the week after, and save immediatly after you get them. this will prevent trophies from being ripped from your card. create a new BAP and do the 5 minute intervene agian until you get to 150 games.

vsbv-lightstorm
01-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Go and press simulate game and when there is 5 minutes left in the third period and you play through tell them game is over it WILL count towards game played. However after you win the stanley cup you must simulate a few days to receive the trophies probably within the week after, and save immediatly after you get them. this will prevent trophies from being ripped from your card. create a new BAP and do the 5 minute intervene agian until you get to 150 games.

yea hes right.

ScarletKnight71
01-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm already at 200+ games, so I'm good on that part. I just wanted to make sure I got the legend card this time around. So yes, after I win the Stanley Cup, I'll sim day by day until I get the trophies and save.

Then I'll start a new BAP career and play a couple of games and I guess my superstar and legend cards will pop respectively.

ScarletKnight71
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Update: I saved when I got the trophies and quit and I went to performance tracker and I saw that the trophies were there for the Superstar card and Legend Card. I started a new BAP career and played the first game, saved, quit, and guess what? THE TROPHIES WERE GONE!!

I decided to sim and intervene for this season, and when everything was said and done, I won only the Calder Trophy. I saved again and started ANOTHER BAP career, played the first game, and FINALLY my Superstar unlocked.

So, for this season I'm wondering if I can do the same thing. I'm guessing I can't because I'm supposed to win 2 DIFFERENT trophies. I think what I'm going to do is sim and intervene until the playoffs and then try to get the MVP trophy for the playoffs. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm going to try TheWings977 method (in this thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99208)) and create a player (winger) with all 99's and start a NHL Pro career using the created player. I imagine I should have a good shot at the Art Ross, even with simming and intervening.

NHLfreak
01-31-2009, 07:13 AM
I have 150+ games and stats are good and i played a season on rookie mode got 6 player trophies. Never gave me the cards i had saved after trophies played on a new BAP and nothing happened. HELP:(:(:(

ScarletKnight71
01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
I have 150+ games and stats are good and i played a season on rookie mode got 6 player trophies. Never gave me the cards i had saved after trophies played on a new BAP and nothing happened. HELP:(:(:(

I just finished mine, FINALLY!! I had to save when I got the trophies numerous times. I ended up with about 264 games played over about 5 BAP careers before I fiinally got it. I think it's a little touchy with the saves.

I would recommend doing the method I mentioned in the above post with the 99 created player and NHL pro career. You can pretty much sim the entire season and get 2 trophies at least. You do need to play the last 5 mins of a game here and there to make sure you don't get sent down. It took about 30 minutes. Then start your new career.

muttleyp
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the help with this guys, i used Scarlet's method of creating a 99 winger and then simmed most of the season (playing a few 5 minute end of matches) and ended up with about 4 trophies at the end of the season. Using that save and another BAP character to hit the match and grade requirements i unlocked both the Superstar and Legend cards shortly after.

Eric4Hockey
02-05-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm still having problems with this:

I have 180 games played, I have the A- or better, AND I have the box checked for the two trophies, AND the progress bar is at 100% but I still don't have it because the card has the 'locked' icon on it for some reason.

I have used one career but made a save and continued so that it registered the fact I've had the trophies. Any ideas on what I need to do? If I have to play part of another one to get all the way there then will either be a pro mode work?

A Wet Stick
02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm still having problems with this:

I have 180 games played, I have the A- or better, AND I have the box checked for the two trophies, AND the progress bar is at 100% but I still don't have it because the card has the 'locked' icon on it for some reason.

I have the same problem

Kyronis
02-06-2009, 03:06 AM
I have a problem with getting the offline cards. I got the rookie card unlocked and I saved the game. When I turn off my xbox and turn it back on and load up the game, I don't have the rookie card anymore...

vsbv-lightstorm
02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I have the same problem

try and start a new BAP and play a few games it may unlock for you.

Welcome to the site =]

vsbv-lightstorm
02-06-2009, 07:13 PM
I have a problem with getting the offline cards. I got the rookie card unlocked and I saved the game. When I turn off my xbox and turn it back on and load up the game, I don't have the rookie card anymore...

positive you saved it lol?

strange though if you don't use auto save id recommend turning it on if you have it disabled

Kyronis
02-07-2009, 03:29 AM
positive you saved it lol?

strange though if you don't use auto save id recommend turning it on if you have it disabled

yea i'm positive that i saved it, but i just turned on autosaved and yea it worked, i guess i have to redo my be a pro player. Thanks a lot!

vsbv-lightstorm
02-13-2009, 09:37 AM
yea i'm positive that i saved it, but i just turned on autosaved and yea it worked, i guess i have to redo my be a pro player. Thanks a lot!

great your welcome!

enjoy the game =]

merlin48
03-17-2009, 06:58 PM
So I finally finished my first season last night, won 5 trophies, and then when I went to check my card the Superstar card was not unlocked even though all the requirements were checked. Then when I went back later the boxes for the trophy requirements were not checked.

Since I have already moved on to the second season am I just screwed here or is there a way to get the game to recognize my trophies again? If I just sim through my 2nd season to the trophy awarding would the previous season's trophies show up again? What about if I just start another BAP career and play that until I get to 150 games (I'm at around 126 right now)?

Any help on this would be awesome as I was really hoping to unlock my Legend card soon.

TrueKilla360
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes you do need to use multiple BAP's

I only used 1 be a pro character for my trophies.....I won 5 in my first season

vsbv-lightstorm
03-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I only used 1 be a pro character for my trophies.....I won 5 in my first season

i got 6 Stanley cup champs as well =]

TrueKilla360
03-23-2009, 06:22 PM
i got 6 Stanley cup champs as well =]

LOL i got NYR to one stanly,, and i got my LEafs in first place now almost at the allstar game

vsbv-lightstorm
03-27-2009, 04:45 PM
LOL i got NYR to one stanly,, and i got my LEafs in first place now almost at the allstar game

keep it up lol