PDA

View Full Version : Merge Posts

Link2430
01-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I found a mod that let's double posts automatically merge into one post. I know that more than once a day someone gets onto somebody else about double posting. I just figured that post could be used to better be on topic rather than to get onto somebody. I saw that it works with vBulletin 3.8 so it should work here. Should clean the place up a bit.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96602&page=71

Eternal
01-18-2009, 06:52 AM
I think the reason it isn't used is because if it merged posts in guides, it would do some weird things. The guides are already more then one post because it goes over the character limit. The mod can't distinguish between a guide and a double poster.

Khaos
01-18-2009, 07:05 AM
As moderators, we can merge posts, but regular members are not able to. And yes, it's something we use when people double and triple post.

As stated, it's something that we can use at will, but done automatically would be a bad idea for things like guides and such.

Link2430
01-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Yeah didn't really think it would affect the guides since it's over the character limit. It couldn't merge two posts if one was over the character limit right? I'm not really sure.

Itsbrown4606
01-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah didn't really think it would affect the guides since it's over the character limit. It couldn't merge two posts if one was over the character limit right? I'm not really sure.

Probably, but the trick is that the mod will fill up the first post with words until it hit the limits which could be mid-sentence or even mid-word. It will no doubt make the guide look ugly and that's not good.

Evil Demon55
01-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Probably, but the trick is that the mod will fill up the first post with words until it hit the limits which could be mid-sentence or even mid-word. It will no doubt make the guide look ugly and that's not good. :whs(first time ive used that) I don't think it would be that great of an idea.