PDA

View Full Version : Too many stickies?

newbsicle
01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Now I realize MOST of the time stickies have valuable information at the top of the page for quick reference. As much as I do love looking at stickies - what if someone (Marx0r) was to compile some of those stickies together and clean the look of the forums up a bit?

Var 18
01-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure of the solution at the moment, because lots of the stickies are helpful, but I do agree that there are too many stickies. 10+ stickies or so makes it hard to manage the forums, and the stickies start to loose their effect, if you will.

One example of an unnecessary sticky would be the "Superthread" introduce yourself/bio one. No one really looks there, and it isn't as important to the site as other ones.

If I may elaborate a bit more:

There could possibly be 3 breakdowns of stickies: red, orange, and yellow.

Red= super important, look before you post

Orange= pretty important, useful imformation is here

Yellow= not really important stuff (like the introduce yourself superthread) that doesn't have anything to do with you, and is optional to look at.

Well, there is my 2 cents.

newbsicle
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure of the solution at the moment, because lots of the stickies are helpful, but I do agree that there are too many stickies. 10+ stickies or so makes it hard to manage the forums, and the stickies start to loose their effect, if you will.

One example of an unnecessary sticky would be the "Superthread" introduce yourself/bio one. No one really looks there, and it isn't as important to the site as other ones.

If I may elaborate a bit more:

There could possibly be 3 breakdowns of stickies: red, orange, and yellow.

Red= super important, look before you post

Orange= pretty important, useful imformation is here

Yellow= not really important stuff (like the introduce yourself superthread) that doesn't have anything to do with you, and is optional to look at.

Well, there is my 2 cents.

Oh, no! This sounds like more stickies to me. :p

Mantra
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I actually agree with newbsicle.

A sticky "Styckies" thread that would point to another section of the forum where there
would only be those sticky threads.

Take a look at these (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=265).

Now, put them inside a thread, linked by title, or inside a sub-forum, named "Stickies",
where they all would be, living happily.

The Pants Party
01-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Why did you nominate Marx0r? He isn't a mod and couldn't even perform the duty.

Anyway, I do agree a lot of forums are overdrawn, which is why I did THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91341)for Tales of Vesperia. I know Last Remnant also has something similar.

Tell you what, since it was your idea, you can do the work. :p -- Find me some forums with a lot of stickies and compile them into a PM for me. I'll make and sticky the new compenium for each game.

newbsicle
01-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Anyway, I do agree a lot of forums are overdrawn, which is why I did THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91341)for Tales of Vesperia. I know Last Remnant also has something similar.

Tell you what, since it was your idea, you can do the work. :p -- Find me some forums with a lot of stickies and compile them into a PM for me. I'll make and sticky the new compenium for each game.

I nominated Marx0r because he's my buddy and I would like to force him into a chore against his liking. :drunk

Wow, that's really nice what you did on Vesperia.

So I should link you to links?
lol YOU CAN COUNT ON ME!

Seriously though, I will see if I can come up with a clean way to present them.

Evil Demon55
01-18-2009, 10:50 PM

haha i was thinking the exact same thing :p

Mantra
01-19-2009, 02:22 PM
That is exactly how it should be done, Pants. Good job!
I'd include every stick except Achievement discussion and Achievement Trading Thread,
as most of them are game guides and would meke sense being all together.

Hope that becomes a standard. Check GTA IV's thread.