PDA

View Full Version : Colouring x360a representers names

Jappe XBA
01-18-2009, 04:55 PM
On the bottom of the main forum page there is this line:

Administrators | Super Moderators | Moderators | Subscribing Members | Registered Members

And I think that we x360a representers deserve our own colour there too, it shouldn't have too much work (refering to the Expanding awards thread discussion). I've been an admin of a forum myself once (or twice) and I know it's not hard to add a new "group" that has a different colour names in the forums.

Please don't rape this idea right away :p

Lebowski
01-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Im thinking a Gold maybe ;)

Var 18
01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
I won't rape your idea, it seems good. However, it would probably best to solely color it, and not add any new perks to representatives.

Is the only reason you had in mind to do this is to identify representatives more easily?

Method
01-18-2009, 05:06 PM
I honestly don't think we need our own color on the forums. If this idea is implemented then what's stopping people from asking the review team to have purple names or the guide team to have brown ones? It's kind of a slippery slope. A different color name should stay just something for subscribers and mod/admins. That way if having a color for their name is that important, people will subscribe. Also representer's already get the WoM award which is reward enough. Just my thoughts.

Jappe XBA
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I won't rape your idea, it seems good. However, it would probably best to solely color it, and not add any new perks to representatives.

Is the only reason you had in mind to do this is to identify representatives more easily?

Yes, roughly :p

I honestly don't think we need our own color on the forums. If this idea is implemented then what's stopping people from asking the review team to have purple names or the guide team to have brown ones? It's kind of a slippery slope. A different color name should stay just something for subscribers and mod/admins. That way if having a color for their name is that important, people will subscribe. Also representer's already get the WoM award which is reward enough. Just my thoughts.

Review and guide team, as well as any other "teams", belong to a one big group "The Staff", so they shouldn't have other coloured names, (if they need their own colour, it should not be a different colour for each team, just one for the whole Staff) I don't say any more to this :D

edit: Any more comments on this? :P

Jappe XBA
01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry for double posting but a little bump for this thread because it's going down out of the new ideas' way and this has not been handled to finish aka. locked yet :)

Mantra
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see that idea on. But if those who belong to those groups shoot down the
idea, then it is not really necessary. :D

Jappe XBA
01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting the responses of the members of these groups :p

The Pants Party
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Just subscribe and you'll get your color. ;)

Minty
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Just subscribe and you'll get your color. ;)

Yeah, with Pants on this one. Subscribers get a different colour because they support the site financially. Representers get the word of mouth award. Don't think that it warrants a colour personally.

Jappe XBA
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Okay, I'm happy with the WoM :p

jackanape
01-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Review and guide team, as well as any other "teams", belong to a one big group "The Staff", so they shouldn't have other coloured names, (if they need their own colour, it should not be a different colour for each team, just one for the whole Staff) I don't say any more to this :D

One big group? How rude. For your information none of the staff get on and we all get in massive fights everytime we get together :p

Plus, surely the staff and contributors do more for this site the people just putting x360a after their name? Just my opinion. I think coloured names are not required expect for Admins and Mods to be honest, as they need to stand out in case you need to contact them urgently etc.

dakisbac
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I think this is a good idea, but I respect that Pants/Minty don't want to do it.

Also, jackanape, some representers do more than just put x360a in their name. I'm also a contributor.

Speaking of my contributions, can someone review my GHII roadmap already so I can either fix it up (if it's rejected) or get started on my next one?

jackanape
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I think this is a good idea, but I respect that Pants/Minty don't want to do it.

Also, jackanape, some representers do more than just put x360a in their name. I'm also a contributor.

Speaking of my contributions, can someone review my GHII roadmap already so I can either fix it up (if it's rejected) or get started on my next one?

Ha ha, I know that. As some of the mods and admins also have x360a in their name. I'm not saying people with x360a in their name do nothing for the site. However, if the colour scheme was introduced how many people do you think would put x360a in their name just so they could have a different colour on the forum?

It sounds ludicrous but you know it would happen.

Jappe XBA
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Ha ha, I know that. As some of the mods and admins also have x360a in their name. I'm not saying people with x360a in their name do nothing for the site. However, if the colour scheme was introduced how many people do you think would put x360a in their name just so they could have a different colour on the forum?

It sounds ludicrous but you know it would happen.

Yes, but what is bad in that? More representers for x360a and you need to pay 800MS points to change your GT :p

jackanape
01-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes, but what is bad in that? More representers for x360a and you need to pay 800MS points to change your GT :p

It's what those representers do that is an issue - as not everyone will ask permission before slapping x360a on their tag and some of them can act.........badly, shall we say, when on LIVE. Which is hardly good for the site.

The Pants Party
01-20-2009, 04:45 PM
We've banished people with x360a in their tag before, so putting it in there is in no way a free pass. :p

xod, we have your road map, but we also have the other 30+ road maps in there (some the same game done by different people); rest assured we'll get to it eventually.

Jappe XBA
01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, there is some requirements to join to the representers (be a member for half month etc.) :p But if this thing is finished, you could lock this thread so theres no more arguments ;)