PDA

View Full Version : First time suggesting an Idea.

Lancer Evolution
01-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I did a search for this idea and nothing came up.
So I'm just putting this idea out there. I wondering if we could have a "Live Post" thing. For example, http://www.bboy.org, there's a section that says Live Post and it updates everytime a user posts. I know there's a "New Posts" next the search button, but I think this would make the home page a bit more appealing.

Hammer 5O2
01-18-2009, 09:41 PM
It is a good idea but there are so many posts on here that a live post thing may not even be usefull as it would be going through new posts really quickly.

jorGe62990
01-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Or how about instead of having recent posts, we have recent threads created. For example, go on GameTrailers.com and on the right hand side they have a section called "Forum Topics" that lists all recent threads created.

Marx0r
01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I did a search for this idea and nothing came up.
So I'm just putting this idea out there. I wondering if we could have a "Live Post" thing. For example, http://www.bboy.org, there's a section that says Live Post and it updates everytime a user posts. I know there's a "New Posts" next the search button, but I think this would make the home page a bit more appealing.

All that would do is eat up bandwith. I've seen it as a nice feature on a few other sites, but they don't come close to our amount of users. Imagine what constantly refreshing a database of over 1 million posts will do to our already-struggling servers.

I doubt this'll be implemented.

Evil Demon55
01-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Can you explain more of what a live post is please.

Eternal
01-18-2009, 11:16 PM
It's like a mod at the top/bottom of the page that shows 'Most Recent Thread/Post' and their poster in a list of 5 (usually).

As Marx0r said, it would only help to eat up bandwidth, and with the amount of people who use these forums it would constantly change.

Evil Demon55
01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Whats bandwidth? It would be somewhat cool, but it would change a lot. Though, the more it changes the more us users can read and post at. Like I might be bored, want to help someone but the usual threads I post in have nothing new, but than I see a thread about R6V, and I never post in that forums, or look in it. Now I see a post, that I can help in and bam I am occupied for a little bit.

The more I think about it, hoping I am thinking about the right thing, I actually like it.

Lancer Evolution
01-19-2009, 01:51 AM
All that would do is eat up bandwith. I've seen it as a nice feature on a few other sites, but they don't come close to our amount of users. Imagine what constantly refreshing a database of over 1 million posts will do to our already-struggling servers.

I doubt this'll be implemented.

Yeah, I thought about this. Well, it was worth a try suggesting it.