PDA

View Full Version : The Social Groups section needs a clean up!

CraigChaotic
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I say the random social groups that are not in use and the duplicate groups should be deleted!

I also think the groups that have not been updated or had new posts in say a month or something should be deleted as there is no point in something being there is noone is using it.

This would give more space and make the groups section look alot better.

Id also like to point out a few other things ...

- Are you allowed swearing in the group descriptions? because there is!
- For the groups that are active they should put up the main display pictures as this would also make the section look alot better

Thats all i can think of for now

So do you people think?:confused:
Do you have any other things youd like to point out about the Social Groups?:confused:

Var 18
01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I agree they should be cleaned up. But we should be conservative about who we clean up, instead of wiping out any group we see.

Sorry for branching off a bit, but I think we should have an activity check sometime. 30,000 members is good to boast, but it is meaningless when 2/3rds of them are inactive.

EDIT: my information was wrong, we have 150k members and only 34k are active. that is a bit more than 1/5th active! Also, an activity check would make the community be... more manageable. It is like cleaning out your locker at the end of the school year. Sorry, anyone out of school gets no analogies.

EDIT#2: I would like to make another point. We should delete all of our old old thread. Not including guides of course apple. It will be a manual thing. If we arn't allowed to post in old old threads that have no meaning to us now, then why are they even there?

Hayden
01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I agree they should be cleaned up. But we should be conservative about who we clean up, instead of wiping out any group we see.

Sorry for branching off a bit, but I think we should have an activity check sometime. 30,000 members is good to boast, but it is meaningless when 2/3rds of them are inactive.

We actually have 35,000 active members :eek:

CraigChaotic
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Exactly! An activity Check would do wonders for not just the Groups But the whole site

Apple
01-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I say the random social groups that are not in use and the duplicate groups should be deleted!

I also think the groups that have not been updated or had new posts in say a month or something should be deleted as there is no point in something being there is noone is using it.

This would give more space and make the groups section look alot better.

Id also like to point out a few other things ...

- Are you allowed swearing in the group descriptions? because there is!
- For the groups that are active they should put up the main display pictures as this would also make the section look alot better

Thats all i can think of for now

So do you people think?:confused:
Do you have any other things youd like to point out about the Social Groups?:confused:

This is like saying "delete every thread that no one posts in anymore, because no one obviously uses them..." when in fact some of those threads are guides.

Deleting say a Boosting Group that no one posts in and may seem inactive, could still be vary well active. Not all discussions take place in the social groups, and they may need the social group to find certain people to fulfill their needs. Deleting inactive social groups will just piss people off and may just warrant a remake of that same exact social group in the future.

Threads: 99,705, Posts: 1,402,077, Members: 156,769, Active Members: 34,172

CraigChaotic
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Ah sorry apple but as you can see i am quite new to x360a

I have been browsing the social groups and i just happen to notice that some of the groups seem empty/unused/old and thought it would be a good idea if the empty/unused/old ones were deleted