PDA

View Full Version : Republished Idea

J O 12 D
01-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey guys!

Right, to start off my idea this is one I had ages ago when the comment system was first placed onto news articles placed on the site.
My idea was similar to the current 'Comment rating' system on Youtube meaning that if a user was to post something completely stupid such as "FIRST" then other members can rate the content of the comment.

This may help combat stupid posts as another feature could be put in place that alerts moderators after 5 negative ratings.

PhoenixRising17
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Those poors mods got enough work to do ;). I think it stupid that some people post ''first'' but its about the article. And if I wanna read the comments ill just ignore this ones. Its mostly the first post ;)

jorGe62990
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
That is really unnecessary, especially when all the idiots who write "first" get infracted for it.

J O 12 D
01-19-2009, 11:05 PM
It's not only for that though, if someone is nice enough to post reliable, useful and new information then they may get postives from people meaning that someone skimming through the comments may find something of use.

Evil Demon55
01-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Spam feature?... some people will abuse and say good legit posts are spam though, like people do on youtube already.

The Pants Party
01-20-2009, 04:26 AM
They get an infraction for doing that. If they continue, they get a ban. That's a pretty good system, I'd say. :p

J O 12 D
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
They get an infraction for doing that. If they continue, they get a ban. That's a pretty good system, I'd say. :p

Very true haha!
It was just an idea to try and make the comment feature a bit more intergrated into the site thats all.

Itsbrown4606
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM

You also do it to the ones who does it later in the comments, like when someone posts "22nd" when they are 24th, right?

dakisbac
01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
This idea is good, with some changes. For example, my Youtube auto hides messages that have been marked -6.

So, here, we could have messages marked x (a negative value) auto hidden and messages marked y (also negative) deleted automatically.

For example. May or may not work.

Itsbrown4606
01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
This idea is good, with some changes. For example, my Youtube auto hides messages that have been marked -6.

So, here, we could have messages marked x (a negative value) auto hidden and messages marked y (also negative) deleted automatically.

For example. May or may not work.

9 times out of 10, it will work as expected. That last 1, though, will be because of a view on a subject that is not widely accepted and be marked down mercilessly.

Basically:
First guy: "I hate Subject A!"
Second guy: "I hate Subject A, too!"
Third guy: "I love Subject A!"
First guy: "You [insert a few derogatory terms]"

Third guy gets marked down a lot.

J O 12 D
01-21-2009, 12:07 AM
9 times out of 10, it will work as expected. That last 1, though, will be because of a view on a subject that is not widely accepted and be marked down mercilessly.

Basically:
First guy: "I hate Subject A!"
Second guy: "I hate Subject A, too!"
Third guy: "I love Subject A!"
First guy: "You [insert a few derogatory terms]"

Third guy gets marked down a lot.

I actually have to agree, I do think it is a good idea to have as it can be useful but it could also be potentially ruined by a certain few all the time.

Evil Demon55
01-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Like Brown said, think of the opinion matter then.... spam should be hidden but opinions shouldn't.