PDA

View Full Version : i just got denied!

Draekan
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
So I was playing last night just finishing up single player and something funny happened that I just had to share.

I got DENIED to an epic degree.

So I'm in the shire. Killed hobbits for 15 mins or so, did the rest of the mission and then it tells me I can play as sauron. Excited I picked him and started to cross the bridge to gandalf when it happened.

Sauron, the master of the evil forces, owner of the one ring and supreme commander of middle earth, got picked up and killed in one fell swoop of a fucking eagle. That's right. I have found saurons weakness, it is eagles. At first I was like "what the fuck" but that suddenly changed to an outburst of laughter.

Just when you thought you could do it all, an eagle will kill you. Anyways gandalf was easy. All the achievements are easy for single player, great game and I love it.

Just found it funny. Sauron. The most badass vilian ever, taken out by a fucking eagle.

That's my comedic experience. Anyone else got a good one to share?

PhoenixRising17
01-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Almost all my heroes got killed by a) A troll or b) by a Nazgul or Eagle

Its pretty random indeed, seeing the witch king getting throwed into the lava by a troll :D

Mr Krauser
01-22-2009, 04:40 PM
For me Sauron died when I accidentally stepped into the stream. I get that it would be hard for him to swim in that armor, but the water was ankle deep. Maybe he's allergic.

xRogue 5x
01-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I too took the eagle ride of shame my first time in that level.

Alyssaphanboi
01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
For me Sauron died when I accidentally stepped into the stream. I get that it would be hard for him to swim in that armor, but the water was ankle deep. Maybe he's allergic.

Maybe he like melted like White Stripe on that flick Gremlins.

Morkot
01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
That happened to me aswell but i was on co-op and my brother was still the Balrog so it was still very easy

Maybe he doesnt like the water like the nazgul dont like water

Sharpy102
01-22-2009, 06:52 PM

Same thing kinda happened to me. I was playin online in the shire, took control of an ent, got on fire (didn't know u cud heal ur self) so stepped in stream and died.

Solaryt
01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
lmao yeha the same thing happened to me. I just let gandalf kill me about 5times then gave me the option to be Sauron again and went and killed him :)

future fighter
01-23-2009, 12:09 PM
lol welcome to the club

Jamie Solo
01-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I too took the eagle ride of shame my first time in that level.

Unfortunately... so did I...

ovoon7
01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Honestly, what poor level design. "lets make an achievement for sauron to kill gandalf, but when you get your 1 chance to play as sauron, lets throw in an unavoidable eagle to swoop down and EAT YOU!!!"

The same thing happened to me first try.

This game is horrid

ITD Soldierboy
02-10-2009, 02:38 AM
In all seriousness, I got picked up by an Eagle, crossing the bridge with Sauron too. I was like: 'Crap...now what do I do?'

Dan Rycroft
02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
I haven't got that far yet but i want to die by the eagle for the cheevo :D

M85A21
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I was taken out by Hobbits on my Sauron play =[

Alfman1
04-13-2009, 06:55 PM
lol Something even better happened to me... I got swooped up by the stupid eagle.. Let Gandalf kill me 2 times.. Then I was Sauron again and the damn eagle got me again!!!

I then had to restart the level and boom it happened again......TWICE!! :P

NJC Omega
04-14-2009, 12:45 AM
LOL I can't believe it happened to so many of you, I didn't even realise there was eagles in the Shire level. I have to admit though that the Shire level was probably one of my favorite in the game. The Hobbits just put up no challenge at all really and killing Gandalf gave me some satisfaction I have to admit!

Shad0wk1ng
04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
I have to say i was excited to play as Sauron until i tried crossing the bridge and those dam eagles got me, but I have shamed myself too much. I had to kill myself until i had one life left to get Sauron back and when i finally did i fell into the river, FTL, right before i was about to kill Gandalf! DAMN YOU WATER! THE MOST EVIL OF ALL THINGS!

Bringerofpwnage
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
So I was playing last night just finishing up single player and something funny happened that I just had to share.

I got DENIED to an epic degree.

So I'm in the shire. Killed hobbits for 15 mins or so, did the rest of the mission and then it tells me I can play as sauron. Excited I picked him and started to cross the bridge to gandalf when it happened.

Sauron, the master of the evil forces, owner of the one ring and supreme commander of middle earth, got picked up and killed in one fell swoop of a fucking eagle. That's right. I have found saurons weakness, it is eagles. At first I was like "what the fuck" but that suddenly changed to an outburst of laughter.

Just when you thought you could do it all, an eagle will kill you. Anyways gandalf was easy. All the achievements are easy for single player, great game and I love it.

Just found it funny. Sauron. The most badass vilian ever, taken out by a fucking eagle.

That's my comedic experience. Anyone else got a good one to share?

Oh, you too? Funny how massive amounts of soldiers quake under his awesomeness, yet a freakin bird can carry him off.

Cav Clayton
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I saw one swoop JUST before i went on the bridge.
Then i was like, maybe i should go through the water...

Bitis1078
04-28-2009, 01:54 AM
I saw one swoop JUST before i went on the bridge.
Then i was like, maybe i should go through the water...

LMAO :) I feel ya!

UNDERWALLY
04-30-2009, 12:57 AM
I lol'd so much reading this thread, damn, it also happened to me in plelennor fields (I think tahts the name) I had the option to use Legolas, I accepted, I walked to a catapult, and holy crap, a nazgul.... it was soo funny

ISuckBadly
05-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Lol, that happened to me as well.

macgyver893
07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
HAHAHA This happened to me twice!!! Still working on that achievement too

Coadster1
08-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Happened to me too. ;)

Ruthless Remix
09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I cant pass the level before so no story to tell!!!

safemachine08
10-31-2009, 05:23 PM
i didnt die many times in this game but the trolls were kinda ttough