PDA

View Full Version : 500 000

RiddlingCat
11-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Hey, well I got the 250 K achievement in Skin Edit today, so I'm happy. I'm going for 500 K now, but the only problem is that I seem to get screwed up as skins change on me. First question is, can I only get the 500 K achievement in Base, where the skins change, or can I also do it in Skin Edit ? If so, any tips on how I'm going to score that in the first place, and with those damn skins changin on me ? :p

All help appreciated.

Kaens
11-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey, well I got the 250 K achievement in Skin Edit today, so I'm happy. I'm going for 500 K now, but the only problem is that I seem to get screwed up as skins change on me. First question is, can I only get the 500 K achievement in Base, where the skins change, or can I also do it in Skin Edit ? If so, any tips on how I'm going to score that in the first place, and with those damn skins changin on me ? :p

All help appreciated.
Unfortunately I don't have any advice on how to get better at the game other than practice. Well actually I personally believe the best way to stay alive is to learn how to place the 3-1 pieces on top of leftover nubs. If you are trying to race that sweep bar to put something down for that one more box in the combo - don't! Cause the half cleared bars are way more trouble than the extra points are worth. There, that's two pieces of solid advice imo!

As for the achievement, yes it has to be done in base mode. Otherwise you could easily pick some nice slow skins (or even 1 slow skin) in skin edit mode and just play for hours on end.

Quarantane
06-28-2009, 04:09 AM
My advice for when it is changing would be to line the block up where you want it, and letting it fall slowly so that hopefully the skin has fully changed before you have a new block.

So if you notice it changing just slow down and make sure you have your block in the right place if the skin changing messes you up and let the blocks fall w/out speeding them up. (sometimes the skin changes mess me up to, and this is what I started doing, it helps me)

And yes, it has to be done in base but it is really easy. I'm sure you can handle it :) I easily can play through the skins 2-3 times and get 1mil about every time.

And as he said just learn how to play the blocks. I hate the (what I call) cross over blocks, they always cause problems especially when going for the 1 color/ all clear bonus.

Which brings up another point. Try to get those bonuses if at all possible. 1 color bonus is 1000 points, and all clear bonus is 10,000 points so it's worth the effort. And if you get 1 color once, you can usually follow up with a couple more.

Hope that helps, as for me I need to get the 250k achievement...it's my last one, 200 blocks in 180 seconds was a bi**h for me but the rest were easy. I don't know why the person who made the guide had so much trouble with 70 blocks in 60 seconds.