PDA

View Full Version : Demo is out now!

agentplatypus
01-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Go down load it.

Hayden
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Just finished it and thought it was really good, looking forward to this.

Bishman293
01-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Yea i agree i think this game is great, great gore effects, scary and brilliant action everythin u could ask and then some i think. still think the naked alma is a bit wtf, but i suppose kinda adds to the shock factor (thats not a spoiler as she is like that in the past two games). I loved the last game and am just trying to finish fear files before this one comes out.

its quiet funny that on the forum for fear 2 alot of PC players are really moaning about this game and that its too much of a console port. but from what i played on both its great, although i will buy for the 360. anyone know if you can do spitlscreen online like with gears of halo?

Blackjaw x
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Truly a masterpiece. The most enjoyment I have ever had in gaming, as far back as I can remember. The mech part, which I thought I would hate, was really the only part I wish they'd leave out, but it's still fun and it's what the fans asked for.

The game has more atmosphere than Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Dead Space combined.

VeNGeD
01-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I downloaded this earlier today and I can't wait for the full game! The improvements they have made in this game are amazing, it looks so much better than the first one.

I think I am going to pick up F.E.A.R Files and give it a try, to get back into the feel of the game before this one is out. I only played the very first game and I really enjoyed it.

Impey
01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
i loved it but the grian filter was holding the game back for me.p.s does anyone know if in the full game you can turn it off

bman3737
01-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I just finished the demo, and oh my, this might be the best shooter I have ever played. The graphical improvements not only make the game look so much better than the original, but it makes it look better than almost every game out now. Also, some of the ingame effects that they pull off are some of the best I have ever seen. I completely agree with the statement that this game has the atmosphere of Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Dead Space combined. Perfect statement, but there is also a little Halo thrown in.

Blackjaw x
01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
I just finished the demo, and oh my, this might be the best shooter I have ever played. The graphical improvements not only make the game look so much better than the original, but it makes it look better than almost every game out now. Also, some of the ingame effects that they pull off are some of the best I have ever seen. I completely agree with the statement that this game has the atmosphere of Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Dead Space combined. Perfect statement, but there is also a little Halo thrown in.

I didn't mean it was like those three combined, though it kind of is... I meant the level of atmosphere was overall higher than those three games. So like if I rate Bioshock a 10, Fallout a 15, and Dead Space an 8, FEAR 2 is a 40... or so. Anyway, this post is kinda pointless but.

DiamondD
01-22-2009, 11:48 PM
While I certainly don't think this game has more atmosphere than Bioshock, Fallout 3 and Dead Space COMBINED, it definitely pulled off an excellent and engrossing atmosphere. I mean I was so engrossed, I even let the falling train crush me a few times.

I loved the mech part (just wished there were more enemies to mow down) and the guns seemed to feel really good (Slow-Mo + Shotgun + Enemy's Dome = Orgasm). Overall this game is looking really good and it seems less like a PC port than the original.

And oh yeah when will we REALLY get to see Alma's goods? :eek:

What The Buck?
01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
And oh yeah when will we REALLY get to see Alma's goods? :eek:

Never!

Shes a fucking kid u sick fuck :eek:

Blackjaw x
01-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Never!

She's a teenager later on in the first game, the age she was when she gave birth. I'd much rather hump a kid than a ghost anyway.

DiamondD
01-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Never!

Whoa, buddy chill out lol. It was a joke. Anyone wanting to see the goods of a demented girl is unsettling to say the least. I just brought it up because bishman did earlier and Blackjaw has a great point by the way. :p

darthmushu
01-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Liked the demo...scared the crap out of me...think I might pick up the earlier ones for the hell of it.

Warden1972
01-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Buying this one for sure. Jumped and cursed at least three times during the demo and the Elite Powered Armor is just awesome to use. Monolith looks like they are going for some real shocks :eek: this time and aren't screwing around with mere creepiness. I really expected something only a little better than the original but this amazed the hell out of me. Will NOT play at night.

solox25
01-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Great demo, really sold the game. I think the atmosphere was fantastic but not to the lengths the previous guys metioned. I wasn't keen on the mech section, it seemed too detached from the rest of the gameplay. It's not going effect my opinion on the game but it doesn't add anything.

The scares are much more my kind of thing compared to the condemned games. I basicly bitch screamed my way through the mid section...

Can't wait for this release now, looks like it will be a great game to start 2009 with.

PRACTICAL
01-23-2009, 04:08 AM
The demo was fantastic. I wouldn't say it was really scary, but it takes a lot to scare me anyways. I definitely agree that the game has more atmosphere than almost anything I've ever played. I don't really care that much if a game has good graphics as long as it's good, but this games graphics blew me away. All of the animations are top notch, and I really love the cover system.

Definitely a must buy on release.

Hot Juicy Pie
01-23-2009, 04:36 AM
I cant DL it for some reason... lol its content rating is higher than my settings or some shit even though i have all games available

agentplatypus
01-23-2009, 04:44 AM
I have already played the demo 5 times.
Day 1 buy for me.

LuC1DmAdMaN
01-23-2009, 04:52 AM
really i have to download it FEAR is Sick is it more messed up then the first one?

Pyroman31
01-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Have yet to download it but I watched someone play it on the PS3. Scary as hell! Definately a Day 1 buy from me.

brizzo9
01-23-2009, 07:52 AM
I can't wait to see the differences between the demo and the final product.

It starts up with Interval 01, but this hopefully won't be the first interval in the final release. There was too much going on. FEAR was a game that was slow to get moving, setting up the action with a short and nervy first level.

The Alma orange effects hopefully won't take place so often as it took away somewhat from what was going on. They were so f***ing awesome though.

On the amazing upside, how awesome was the introduction? The graphics look great. The blood looks kind of funny, but in an awesome way.

I love that the demo is getting as much attention as it has. It's a very effective tease of what will be coming in a few weeks. I've put my pre-order in, have you?

The Clutch Hand
01-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Looking forward to this game the first one was really good, and this one is suppose to be better..............

A 2rue boofer
01-23-2009, 09:20 AM
i wish i could fall asleep and wake up on febuary 11 at 11 so i can go to gamestop and get the game and go home quit my job and just play this game for the rest of my life trying to get my 1k in fear so i can get 1k in fear 2 since I already 1ked fear files :)

Warden1972
01-23-2009, 08:24 PM
really i have to download it FEAR is Sick is it more messed up then the first one?

I thought the demo alone was more messed up than FEAR 1 and FEAR Files.

FaRKenHero
01-24-2009, 05:57 AM
This demo game me a boner! plays really well, smooth as, great atmosphere/level design. I'm sold, hope the MP isn't tacked on and is wicked fun.

Illution
01-24-2009, 08:55 AM
The demo was brilliant. Real spooky, action oriented, and just pure fun. But what's with the topping over cover only to have it become less coverable than beforehand? I loved it! Definite buy for me.

The mech part was kind of lame though.. I coulda really done without that.

I CR0W I
01-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Loved FEAR and Files but I'm not liking this demo of FEAR 2.

Pros:

Great level of detail in the level and in the back button menu
The ghostly stuff seems to be done better this time
4 types of grenade!
Ability to change fire mode of certain guns
Power Armour is great fun
AI is smart and fun to fight as ever

Cons:

That useless blue rim on the screen
Guns feel less "meaty", especially the shotgun
No more leaning around corners
Improvised cover was pretty useless
No Instant Action from what I hear(!)
Power Armour online
Enemies are weaksauce even on Hard
Poor achievements compared to original FEAR
Inability to remove screen bob like original FEAR
oh and
Little girls still aren't scary, I'm sorry

andyatk
01-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Truly a masterpiece. The most enjoyment I have ever had in gaming, as far back as I can remember. The mech part, which I thought I would hate, was really the only part I wish they'd leave out, but it's still fun and it's what the fans asked for.

The game has more atmosphere than Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Dead Space combined.
Yeah I agree with that, this game is going to be amazing!

shadow sniper
01-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I have to say I didn't like the demo at all the 1st time but after reading about what everyone liked I gave it a 2ed try.And I gotta say its a good demo,not great but it was good.I still have to say it is no way scarier then the 1st game and thats a let down for me.Since this is only a demo I'm not going make a big deal over it,but I really hope the full game has more shit your pants moments.

nateredish
01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
got it last night, way better than the first one, and i actually liked the mech part

silentbob0
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I really enjoyed the demo also, although it didn't seem that atmospheric to me. I hope this game is scarier than the first game which I got bored of very quickly, the original did a good job building atmosphere but didn't have many real shocks, i'm hoping this game has. Still this game looks like a must buy.

KemicalSupreme
01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Not gonna download the demo. I have desided since 2007 I was gonna buy this game. Cant wait. 2 more weeks!

Deathblow23
01-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Not gonna download the demo. I have desided since 2007 I was gonna buy this game. Cant wait. 2 more weeks!

Well I will go ahead and tell you...if the final product is anything like the demo then we are all in for a great time! I was soooooo impressed by this demo. I recently finished FEAR and I thought it was great. There are some truly spectacular firefights in that game...and I can only imagine after seeing what the demo offered what will be in store for those who play FEAR 2.

I thought it was so smooth...it realy does remind me COD 4 in how you move, how the guns fire, and unless my eyes failed me, it all ran at 60 fps. The demo is great and I have been telling everyone on my friends list to get even if they haven't played the first one. I think more will like this game over Resident Evil 5 simply because the controls in RE 5 take some real getting used to and many will try it once and say forget it...but the FEAR 2 experience will be much more familiar to many folks.

CienPR
02-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Demo wasnt bad but I wouldve preferred a multiplayer demo since its what keeps me playing the games.

KemicalSupreme
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Well I will go ahead and tell you...if the final product is anything like the demo then we are all in for a great time! I was soooooo impressed by this demo. I recently finished FEAR and I thought it was great. There are some truly spectacular firefights in that game...and I can only imagine after seeing what the demo offered what will be in store for those who play FEAR 2.

I thought it was so smooth...it realy does remind me COD 4 in how you move, how the guns fire, and unless my eyes failed me, it all ran at 60 fps. The demo is great and I have been telling everyone on my friends list to get even if they haven't played the first one. I think more will like this game over Resident Evil 5 simply because the controls in RE 5 take some real getting used to and many will try it once and say forget it...but the FEAR 2 experience will be much more familiar to many folks.

Good to hear

I owned Fear 1 the day it came out on PC and been waiting for years for a new game to come out. The Xpacks were great, but I want more of the story now.

Ingles
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
The demo was fantastic! I really can't wait for the release of this game!

Lebowski
02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Demo was pretty good.
Definatley better than the first F.E.A.R.

Dont know If I'll pick this up though..

I G0NZ0 I
02-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Tuesday Afternoon.....