PDA

View Full Version : Updating the leaderboards quicker

TX Dead Man TX
01-23-2009, 06:52 PM
I have a suggestion. Get more mods so that they can update the leaderboards quicker. Whenever you ask a mod when they are going to update them, they just jump down you throat. I'm sure it doesn't take over a months time to update them. And no, I will not volunteer, so don't ask. I can understand that the mods have certain responsabilities, but live up to them. This is like a second job to run this website. So if the mods can't understand where I'm coming from, then just simply delete or lock this thread. I'm sure you will anyways. And before you make any kind of negative replies, don't hate the player, hate the game. Thanks and have a great day. :ass

Jappe XBA
01-23-2009, 07:07 PM
don't hate the player, hate the game.

Okay, lol.

I'm volunteering :p

Minty
01-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Or we could make it so you need 500 posts to get on the leaderboards. The leaderboards get updated once a week or so.

Thats fine.

TX Dead Man TX
01-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Or we could make it so you need 500 posts to get on the leaderboards. The leaderboards get updated once a week or so.

Thats fine. Not true. I posted mine last month and edited it this month. And still havn't seen any updates. Why do you think I made a thread about this situation. I'm surprised that the complaints thread has any threads in it. Anyways, it's just a suggestion. That's all.

Minty
01-23-2009, 08:26 PM
The oldest thread on the Leaderboard sign up is from yest.

And you dont have a post there...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1533072#post1533072

And why did you post last month? You didnt have the 100 post requirement then. SO obviously you wouldn't have been added.

Creech
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
So if the mods can't understand where I'm coming from, then just simply delete or lock this thread. I'm sure you will anyways.

Just a personal note...this kind of comment is sure to piss off anyone who takes their responsibilities seriously. I spend better than 30 hours a week monitoring the forums, not to mention time spent on press activities, writing reviews, and correcting poorly written/incorrect guides. All that time is volunteered because I love the community, and I cut into my gaming time to do so. I also would like to point out that I am by no means the most active moderator, there are others who spend even more time than I do keeping the place humming. Throw in the admins who have all of us moderators beat (except maybe Krazie...LOL!) and this comment is just disrespectful.

If I lock or delete a thread it is because it is justified, not because I am lazy or overworked. It takes more effort to lock one than to ignore it.

Mantra
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, he's not entirely wrong, as I've posted on the 200 and I am yet to be added to some games.

I've deleted one post and created a new one when finished one more game and still it's there.

I understand TX Dead Man TX's aproach was blunt and he should mind himself, but the thought crossed my mind, one or two pairs more of trustable hands (a user with access to edit those threads only) might speed the process for those who want their e-penis to grow. :)

Minty
01-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Well if he means the 1000 clubs, first of all he should say that. Second of all, last week we added someone new to help out Pandora with the backlog.

BemusedBox
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
I was put on the leaderboard about 2 weeks ago but when i clik on my name it dosent show any played games and im not on any of the individual leaderbords.

Also while im here if there is another gamerscore league what will the entry requirements be.

The Pants Party
01-24-2009, 12:04 AM
This is the second piece of "feedback" in as many days where my first inclination is this: if you don't like how we do things and you're going to be a dick about it, I would be glad to disable your account so you don't have to use such a terrible website. Like Creech said, this is not a second job. This is something we do in our spare time for fun and because we enjoy it. We take time out that we could be spending gaming to do this for you guys. If you're going to make a suggestion, do it respectfully or you can be damned sure we'll look right past it.

As far as the complaints board goes, if you'd taken the time to read, the threads in there are invisible to normal users so that only staff can see them.

Now, to better assist you: if you are referring to the site's main leaderboard or the Maximum Clubs, both have a 100-post requirement, so if you asked a month ago, you would have been denied as you would not have met the requirements. We do not inform people they have been denied, since they should not have posted in the first place and we're not going to waste more time telling them they shouldn't have posted. We just deny them and move on with our duties.

TX Dead Man TX
01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Well if he means the 1000 clubs, first of all he should say that. Second of all, last week we added someone new to help out Pandora with the backlog. I have posted on the 200 club leaderboard and the 1000 leaderboard. I tell you what I will delete both of them and repost them. How is that. If I posted it wrong or maybe in the wrong section, please tell me. But before I do that, please tell me what I should do then.

TX Dead Man TX
01-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I went ahead and deleted the 2 posts that I made awhile back and just made a 2 new posts with todays dates. If I did it wrong, please tell me. Sorry for the inconvience.

Jappe XBA
01-24-2009, 09:53 AM

Thats fine.

C'mon man... :p

Well, he's not entirely wrong, as I've posted on the 200 and I am yet to be added to some games.

I've deleted one post and created a new one when finished one more game and still it's there.

I understand TX Dead Man TX's aproach was blunt and he should mind himself, but the thought crossed my mind, one or two pairs more of trustable hands (a user with access to edit those threads only) might speed the process for those who want their e-penis to grow. :)

Just wait, it takes time to be added to leaderboards (it took about a month once when I posted a game to the sign-up thread) :p