PDA

View Full Version : Official Guitar Hero:Metallica Song list

DakidJose
01-24-2009, 06:12 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/200617b.jpg

According to Blabbermouth.net and and Metallica.com this is the official song list.The set list for the game contains 50 songs, 29 from the band over their entire musical career, and 21 others from bands that are "their personal favorites and influences from over the years".I personally like that a lot of my favorite songs made it in. What do you think?

METALLICA tracks:

* All Nightmare Long
* Battery
* Creeping Death
* Disposable Heroes
* Dyers Eve
* Enter Sandman
* Fade To Black
* Fight Fire With Fire
* For Whom The Bell Tolls
* Frantic
* Fuel
* Hit The Lights
* King Nothing
* Master of Puppets
* Mercyful Fate (Medley)
* No Leaf Clover
* Nothing Else Matters
* One
* Orion
* Sad But True
* Seek And Destroy
* The Memory Remains
* The Shortest Straw
* The Thing That Should Not Be
* The Unforgiven
* Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
* Wherever I May Roam
* Whiplash

Other artists:

* ALICE IN CHAINS - No Excuses
* BOB SEGER - Turn The Page
* CORROSION OF CONFORMITY - Albatross
* DIAMOND HEAD - Am I Evil?
* FOO FIGHTERS - Stacked Actors
* JUDAS PRIEST - Hell Bent For Leather
* KYUSS - Demon Cleaner
* LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Tuesdays Gone
* MACHINE HEAD - Beautiful Mourning
* MASTODON - Blood And Thunder
* MERCYFUL FATE - Evil
* MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP - Armed and Ready
* MOTÖRHEAD - Ace of Spades
* QUEEN - Stone Cold Crazy
* SAMHAIN - Mother of Mercy
* SLAYER - War Ensemble
* SOCIAL DISTORTION - Mommy's Little Monster
* SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - War Inside My Head
* SYSTEM OF A DOWN - Toxicity
* THE SWORD - Black River
* THIN LIZZY - The Boys Are Back in Town

LINKS:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113091

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837 (Thanks to good ol boy 366)

TooMuchCowbell
01-24-2009, 06:15 AM
The non-Metallica songs are better than I expected. Queen? Yes, please. I wonder how the Hardkore Rokerzzz are going to cope with that.

Still not a huge fan of Metallica, so probably going to skip this.

b1indedbyfear
01-24-2009, 03:29 PM
They covered that Queen song. Really like the non Metallica songs, alot better than I was expecting. Just wish they had done a different Motorhead song since Ace of Spades was already in one. Metallica list is pretty good too, a few songs I wasnt expecting.

good ol boy366
01-24-2009, 06:45 PM
here is another link straight from the metallica website:

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837

by my count, there are 49 tracks...so i consider this one to be a much better deal than gh:a...but i still might wait a few months before i get it, considering the price of gh:a dropped pretty fast.

I Lynch012 I
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Metallica's best song Four Horseman isn't on there. Neither is Jump in the Fire which if they charted the end solo right it would be an insta-fail.

Maybe because Mustaine wrote those..

PCLoadLetter?
01-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Metallica pretty much rocks, so this is going to be awesome! Also, I'm impressed with the non-Metallica tracks, good show gents! :)

spankyNspronkle
01-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Awesome set list!!

I love how so many of the "songs by friends" were on the garage inc album... atleast they had enough class to include the originals!

Dex
01-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Awesome list of songs. I was on the fence before, but now I'm gonna buy this for sure. Too bad I'll probably only play on Medium :D

Best surprise on the list: Orion

Iv VeNoM vI
01-26-2009, 03:46 AM
Well, well well YAYYYYYY

Deathblow23
01-26-2009, 04:06 AM
If you take into account the Death Magnetic DLC...you have 50 or so tracks. IMO...the DM DLC is the single best music DLC I have ever downloaded. Anyway...if you're a rocker, or a metal fan,...or a Metallica fan...you HAVE to be impressed with this setlist.

Slayer - War Ensemble...yes please

Mastodon - Blood & Thunder...I'll take 2

The Sword...
SOAD...
Motorhead...

...and all this in addition to the stellar Metallica Tracks...um,...yeah...it's getting the pre-order treatment!!!

J Pice
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Awesome list of songs. I was on the fence before, but now I'm gonna buy this for sure. Too bad I'll probably only play on Medium :D

Best surprise on the list: Orion

Seriously ... ORION!!! ... That is what sealed the deal for me.

1337Pwner
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Metallica's best song Four Horseman isn't on there. Neither is Jump in the Fire which if they charted the end solo right it would be an insta-fail.

It's awesome how his mark was left in some popular songs in the Metallica vault. He's a badass guitar player and is continuing his legacy. Megadeth is actually recording another album right now. I'm so stoked for that.

Scythie
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Sad But True will be totally rinsed lol!

zking918
01-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Can i just simply say, guitar hero metallica ftw!!!!!!!!!!

Grizzlegrom
01-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Well I like the way the setlist is looking :) dunno if I'll buy but will rent for sure

ApochWeiss
01-30-2009, 04:55 AM
I might get this one for the older Metallica, and the King Diamond (Mercyful Fate) contribution. Same with Queen and Slayer, plus that Bob Seger song is great, I prefer it over the Metallica version actually. Guess I'll see what's going on when it comes out, don't think I'll pre-order it though.

I Lynch012 I
02-08-2009, 03:08 AM
The tagline was "Ride The Lightning 2009"

I guess they were referring to the album not the song :mad:

Mustaine wrote some of this song too. DAMN YOU MUSTAINE!!!

levijr1984
02-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Fantastic, Metallica is the best heavy metal band of all times. And his video game will be the same...
This setlist need at least 100 songs to cover all hits and great songs, but the way it is, its very good taste.
A special band bundle though, would've completed this great package.
Cant wait to buy this game...

kentarulez
02-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Looks like I'll be getting this then..... it looks awesome.

Tom115
02-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I hate Metallica and pretty much everything on there that isn't Metallica but I'll still get this cos it's Guitar Hero innit.

DakidJose
02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Looks like we don't have to wait to play our favorite song.

In addition, all of the songs will be "unlocked" from the beginning of the game as opposed to them not being available until players reach certain levels, as in previous versions of "Guitar Hero."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/guitar-hero-metallica-offers-new-twists-1003938116.story

Murkage
02-09-2009, 02:17 PM
A buy for me. Would prefer something like Guitar Hero Slipknot Or Something :P

Taco Kitty
02-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Good set list I like the song Blood and Thunder but still needs moar 80's Metallica ^__^

Sniper JZA80
02-12-2009, 09:24 AM
yeah sucks they omitted awesome songs because mustaine wrote them. Ktulu would have been wild.

:rock:rock Dyer's Eve!!!:rock:rock

HELBRECT
02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I wish they had Enter Sandman on World tour i would have loved to play it on Drums :)
Probably gonna get this but it will be mega expensive when it first cmes out :mad:
oh well go Metallica :woop:

Lord Chabelo
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Wonder if it will have unlockable/bonus songs after completing all the songs listed above.

www.myspace.com/whalter
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Very promising, looks like i'll probably be picking this up then!

Although I still have to get back to Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 as ive hardly done anything on those!

Free HEADSH0TS
02-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Pre-ordering this tomorrow, can't wait for it.

CrazyDoginOZ
02-17-2009, 01:59 AM
seeing the set list has me more excited, too bad they didnt put blacked on there

Sniper JZA80
02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
seeing the set list has me more excited, too bad they didnt put blacked on there

if you really want blackened its DLC for Rock Band mate. Of course its a shite note chart on RB so yeah I would've preferred GH have a crack at that song but at lest if can be playable if you really want it.

nukefarmer
02-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Great setlist and im going to get death magnetic dlc which makes this thee best rythm music game on the planet

HuTcH
02-19-2009, 01:41 AM
i have this on itunes via imix. it has 52 songs beuase i have every song included even the death magnetic album (missing bob seger)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=304264218&s=143441

Iv VeNoM vI
02-19-2009, 03:08 AM
the only thing bad about the list is they could easily replace two songs for blackened and ride the lightning

squab2468
02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
this game is gonna be awesome and im getting it FREE!!!! see my sig if you want it free too.

Chaosphynx
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
This game is gonna be hard, but sooooo awesome, shame there isnt more tracks tho!

Rogue Batleth
03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
cant wait for this

LoveAGramm
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
cant wait for this
me niether!!!

A CATSHOVEL
03-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Not a fan of each song costing $1.20....

NATAS1603
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
As every GH game has good an bad songs owell until im oprah rich NATAS:HERO

em0 pie
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
wow this looks amazing fade to black :woop: definatly getting this too bad theres not more instrumentals on it

Tom115
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I hope this is going to be a challenge unlike GH:A, I want to struggle to beat expert guitar, I don't want to be able to 5* every song on sightread. I'm guessing it will be cos it's Metallica and well, Aerosmith, yeah.

TriRock
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
This song list is as a good as one can realistically expect it to be :woop:

nukefarmer
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Battery-:Bounce::woop::eek::woop::woop::woop:
Enter Sandman-:woop:
Fuel-:Bounce::woop::woop::eek::eek::woop::woop::woop::e ek:
Master of puppets-:Bounce::eek::woop:
One-:woop:
Seek and Destroy-:woop:
Ace of Spades-:woop::woop:
Toxicity-:eek::Bounce::woop::woop::woop:

These with the death magnetic album make the greatest music game ever:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock: rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Edit: ERR No Ride The Lightning, And Justice for all, Blackend, and Traped Under ice ( even though they are in rb/ghwt)

Dazz
03-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I hope this is going to be a challenge unlike GH:A, I want to struggle to beat expert guitar, I don't want to be able to 5* every song on sightread. I'm guessing it will be cos it's Metallica and well, Aerosmith, yeah.

Man that's crazy, I've been able to play most songs off all the GH games on all my real guitars yet I struggled and barely passed after several attempts to do Enter Sandman on Hard on Rock Band and haven't done anything on Expert other than Slow Ride on GH3.

Great setlist though, kinda disappointed they had the Bob Seger version rather than Metallica's version since theirs is so much better. Hopefully we get some great DLC for this though, I want me some Pantera and Sabbath.

RobertxxArias
03-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Enter Sandman is gonna be so much better on this game than Rockband's.
Master of Puppets....oh boy!! One on Drums? OMG!!! I can't waitttt!

The Remdizzle
03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
very, very cool setlist. kicks the shit out of world tour's joke of a setlist.

Sniper Riflez
03-13-2009, 10:28 PM

Would explain why Ride The Lightning isn't there.

Loving the Machine Head

Damage Inc
03-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Hopefully they make a Song pack Called
"Sorry Were Late"
Ride the Lightning
And Justice For All
Blackened
Trapped Under Ice

And If they included Damage Inc and Leper Messiah it would be the greatest music game evar!!11! :P