PDA

View Full Version : Do people still play online?

Oinkness
01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
And if you play Rock Band online, can you play with people on Rock Band 2? Like if you play on a song that they had transferred over to their new game? The reason I ask is because I got Rock Band used from Amazon for like $17 or something, it hasn't come in yet but I was just curious as to how the online play would be.

SebastianSB
01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
And if you play Rock Band online, can you play with people on Rock Band 2? Like if you play on a song that they had transferred over to their new game? The reason I ask is because I got Rock Band used from Amazon for like $17 or something, it hasn't come in yet but I was just curious as to how the online play would be.

I'm not sure if anyone plays online any more...There might be a few regions that don't have RB2 yet (Australia?) so maybe...I can confirm that you can't play with RB2 players, though.

jukkakhan
01-27-2009, 11:58 PM
I hopped on a few months ago to snag some achievements and found no problems finding people to play with. You aren't able to play with people on Rock Band 2 though, and there is no online world tour either. You can do Score Duels, Tug Of Wars, and Band Quickplay though.

Oinkness
01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh, nice. Do you have to have a whole band to do the world tour thing or can you just have like 2 instruments? Like drums and vocals? Because if that were the case I could handle it, but I don't have other people who can play guitar and bass. x_x

AngrySalad
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh, nice. Do you have to have a whole band to do the world tour thing or can you just have like 2 instruments? Like drums and vocals? Because if that were the case I could handle it, but I don't have other people who can play guitar and bass. x_x

You only need more than one. I know a lot of people "dual wield" Guitar and Vocals in order to get through with just themselves. I'm going to try this soon as my wife doesn't always want to play and I've got plenty sets to finish in BWT to get my achievements.

d.palapuz
01-31-2009, 05:33 AM
Very few play ranked match, a lot plays Player Match..
no you cant play with players that play rock band 2..

hartlekd
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
there are but it's gonna take you a while to get the acheivments. I just spend the better part of 4 1/2 hours getting the acheivemtn for Tug of War 20 wins and I had at least 7 wins before I even tried today, pain in the arse