PDA

View Full Version : Cheats?

General Khazard
01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Ok, if any of you have ever played an RTS game more than once, you know that one of the best parts of any RTS is having "cheat codes" that enable different things to happen when playing in the campaign (disabled for multiplayer, of course). Sure, you can't consider yourself as having beaten the game unless you do it all without codes first, but every so often it's fun to take out an entire enemy with one marine.

So what do you all think, should there be "codes" in Halo Wars? I personally would love to have them, but you should be unable to get achievements in a mission in which you used cheat(s).

-Cameron-
01-29-2009, 09:04 PM
True, but the achievement disabling should only be for that mission.

General Khazard
01-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Of course, if you don't use cheats on the next mission there's no reason for you to lose out on the achievement. However, if you get a gold medal with cheats then that would disrupt getting the gold medal achievements until you earned it the right way...

Feel My Rage
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
You're missing the 'No, because I'd prefer to own the AI's ass the old-fashioned way' option in your poll.:p

Seriously though, I hope there arnt cheats.Strategy games (to me) just arnt the same if you use cheats.It's so much more enjoyable if everything is your own handy-work:woop:

General Khazard
01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
You're missing the 'No, because I'd prefer to own the AI's ass the old-fashioned way' option in your poll.:p

Seriously though, I hope there arnt cheats.Strategy games (to me) just arnt the same if you use cheats.It's so much more enjoyable if everything is your own handy-work:woop:

I agree that the games are meant to be played without them, but it is still enjoyable from time to time to utterly crush your AI opponents under your tier-1 boot with a lone marine. Personally, I would probably just use them when showing the game to other people so I would be able to demonstrate it without spending the time building up a base and upgrading and whatnot.

Toastix
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Well I do eat babies so I default. But imo cheat way just no cheats for achievements.

erico360
01-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Halo wars has cheats(LOOK WE GOT SKULLS ACHEVEMENTS AND WE KNOW WHAT SKULLS DID IN HALO 3) but we don't know if they got a effect that is a advantage for you. Also I don't think if you use the skulls the achievements are blocked.

Feel My Rage
02-01-2009, 04:56 AM
I agree that the games are meant to be played without them, but it is still enjoyable from time to time to utterly crush your AI opponents under your tier-1 boot with a lone marine. Personally, I would probably just use them when showing the game to other people so I would be able to demonstrate it without spending the time building up a base and upgrading and whatnot.

Fair enough.....I did that on Age of Empires when I got bored of winning for real.I'd set myself up for failure, then cheat my way into winning just for giggles.

And erico.....skulls arnt cheats.A cheat is something that you must INPUT.Not find....(well....there are a few exceptions to that rule....)
Besides, skulls NEVER help, they make it more challenging...

Purge
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Cheats are no fun at all.

General Khazard
02-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Cheats are no fun at all.

Ok... reasoning?

Squirrel257
02-03-2009, 06:56 AM
As long are you can't get achievements with cheats (or use them in multiplayer) they are fine by me. It would make beating legendary much too easy. However, I would like to see a 'You fired HALO' cheat - completely destroying everything if you get backed into a corner - if you are going to go out, go out in style.